Red pill me on Zizek

Red pill me on Zizek

He's so pleasantly deranged but i have no idea what his actual philosophy entails; i just laugh at him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OqpxT_iJ8Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=BCerDBQK-bM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mad slovenian man robs DVD publisher blind! must see! [18+]
youtube.com/watch?v=OqpxT_iJ8Mc

>i have no idea what his actual philosophy entails; i just laugh at him.
this is zizek fans if they were all honest

>incest between mother and son, I like this
What did he mean by this?

He enjoys Oedipal products.
That's why he's so fat.

"i'm totally theoretically corrupted"
what did he mean by this?

corrupted by theory

my crossposter radar is beeping

Thank you for being honest. Now read his Wikipedia page. If you still find him interesting, read some of his books. Veeky Forums won't do the hard work for you.

He's a lacanian misfit who doesn't play by the rules

not going to do that

Leave you fucking swine.

>red pill
All Zizek wants is a third pill.

It's actually very simple, *sniff*, this is the ideology at it''s purest (and so on and so on)

>He sounds like a Spanish Daffy Duck.

He always wants on more pill.

Watch his 2 movies if you're that retarded that you have to ask Veeky Forumsizens to formulate an opinion for you.

ideology is the enemy

i dont care that much, im jusst here for the memes

"then you have incest, which is portrayed as a nice secret between mother and son. I like this."

why does he seem like he's always on cocaine?

this and Gaspar Noe are the only good criterion closet videos

he has a nervous twitch when speaking english
it's as if he forged some sort of connection between rhinitis and speaking english at an early age
it's embedded
watch him speaking other languages (in french it's absent anyway)

the filum *sniff* so on and so on...

youtube.com/watch?v=BCerDBQK-bM

he is twitching here?

You mean zizek's movies or documentaries of zizek?

how do you even get this new?

Žižek is the court jester of Hegelianism. The trouble with Žižek is the trouble with Hegel - that is, the lion's share of what he says is so subtle, that you can interpret it in almost any way you like.

Unlike Hegel, however, what you *can* interpret is (typically) ridiculous at best, and disgraceful at worst. At his most lucid, Žižek dreams of Stalin - his fondest memory is of eating strawberry tart in a certain café, whilst the Soviet tanks came rolling through.

His deadpan wit merely exacerbate the issue. To borrow and tweak a certain adage: Žižek is full of sound and sarcasm, signifying nothing.

Zizek is a typical Eastern European town drunk, one of the guys at the local pub with the fat moustached waitress, talking about political and other events and sharing their "philosophy on life" with each other.

The only difference is, since he was collaborating with the secret service and was born into a nomenklatura family, he actually went into academia and got the chance to disseminate his bullshit to the world and earn shitloads of money on it.

>this i say is ideology
>*sniff**sniff*
>so on and so on

Living the dream. And tugging his shirt while he does it.

I find it very odd that zizek get's pegged so often as an obscurantist. His theoretic work is quite easy to comprehend if you have even a minimal understanding of the history of philosophy. Of course in his videos and short essays he has to gloss over those ideas to save space, and when he talks he does ramble on like a madman, but I can't think of another writer in the continental tradition who is as accessible as zizek.

Is it too much to ask for people to actually read the main texts this guy has written? Hell, even just reading sublime object of ideology will give you a good idea of where he's coming from, and it's far from inaccessible. Surely Veeky Forums of all places shouldn't be so averse to reading an actual book.

>>Is it too much to ask for people to actually read the main texts this guy has written?
Yes. Who the fuck cares, if he can't present himself properly, he's a fucking useless piece of shit who shouldn't be making public appearances. He could pay someone to do it for him if he can't even talk like a normal person. Why would anyone take him or any of his work seriously?

>I can't think of another writer in the continental tradition who is as accessible as zizek.

Which says a lot.

Two centuries later, and philosophers still haven't learned Schopenhauer's lesson. There is nothing noble in making your work impenetrable, or at least more impenetrable than it has to be.

Then again, with Zizek it is no surprise. His chief influence, Hegel, explicitly made the point that philosophy needs must be 'esoteric', and accessible only to the few.

>if he can't present himself properly
mein gott

xD

What specifically do you mean by "Schopenhauer's lesson"?

>Red pill me

get out

To be as direct and straightforward as possible, quite simply - rather than make your work an exercise in obscurantism.

Your gott is fucking tot motherfucker.

>Then again, with Zizek it is no surprise. His chief influence, Hegel, explicitly made the point that philosophy needs must be 'esoteric'

umm, so then wouldn't it actually be a surprise that zizek, influenced by the supposedly impenetrable Hegel, is not himself impenetrable? I find it very hard to think of zizek's writing as "more impenetrable than it needs to be." The guy basically holds your hand all the way through his reading of various philosophers. No one with an undergrad degree in philosophy should have problems understanding what he's saying.

I see, thanks

>get out
Get in

zizek! by mangum's wife and his pervert's guides are pretty good

Read the ticklish subject.