Isn't it pretty much a certainty that theres some kind of life inside the Galilean moons?

Isn't it pretty much a certainty that theres some kind of life inside the Galilean moons?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's nothing there. Deal with it.

no.
But it's also not a certainty that there is not some kind of life "inside" Europa

not at all. We don't know really, we have to go there to find out.

100% of the planets with liquid water we've been able to study have life on them. Europa has liquid water so it havibg life is 100% certain.

Planets & Moons with liquid water we have landed on:
Earth - excluded for anthropic reasons
Mars - no life found
That's not exactly an impressive score.

Any life, if it exists, could be earth based in origin from bacteria flung into space from meteor impacts

>Mars no life found

Nice meme

I highly doubt bacteria from earth got flung out to the Jovian system and somehow is now flourishing under the icy crust of Europa.

>life originated on Earth
how cute

Where was that even mentioned or implied

>what is selection bias
>all planets with liquid water have life on them
Besides that's not even true that all planets with water harbor life. Example: Mars (at least as far as we know)

As an aside, is it possible that the Mars Rover or some other probe brought life with it unintentionally? Would that count as "life on other planets"?

unlikely to survive at surface due to radiation

>radiation
lol silly human

Yes, and that certainty is zero.

>orbital resonance
>tidal heating
>subsurface oceans of liquid water
>geothermal vents

There are no certainties in life.

>meteor strikes earth
>baby monkey gets flung out into space
>lands on Jupiter

Do you realize how dumb you sound?

I said bacteria and that would be on fragments of rock not a whole monkey

Well the posibility of intelligent life in Europa is null at least since this whole refugee fiasco.

Also, Europa Report was a neat movie

Let's go there then!

suspended animation =! successful habitation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

Not in the least. Europa MAY, possibly, have life because we believe that liquid water exists bellow the planet's surface. It is a possibility, in no way a certainty.

Panspermia is plausible regarding the inner terrestrial worlds because we know for a fact they get cross contaminated by each other.

The possibility of life in Europa is fascinating because its totally independent from life as we know it on Earth. If we do discover life there and its essentially the same as what we have here, carbon based, DNA RNA genetics etc then we know life pretty much takes one form.

More of a NEET movie, I'd say. A cinema audience would probably walk out of it.

Why are people not seeing this as memery

>blatant strawman
>do you realize how stupid this argument I just constructed sounds??

>liquid water
>mars

The upper atmosphere of Venus is a more promising candidate I'd say. It had a billion year+ period of Earthlike conditions during which bacterial life could have migrated to the atmosphere like it has on Earth. Conditions there are comparatively stable and there's water.

Too bad they lack the ability to comprehend exploration at all as well as the scientific method. They don't even love their kids.

They never said we couldn't test nukes on Europa or dump waste there.

Maybe you should read the news more often.