Tfw aliens with advanced technology exist but none of them want to visit us because we aren't impressive enough

>tfw aliens with advanced technology exist but none of them want to visit us because we aren't impressive enough

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18haDlEidsM
youtube.com/watch?v=igUMDICqTpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rLyc4xp75Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=z3wr6_-XoRE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkmhY_ju8o
youtube.com/watch?v=7AAJ34_NMcI
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediocrity_principle
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

implying we wouldn't always be like ants to them

ants build relatively complex systems. keyword relatively. Do we admire their work, though? No, we see them as minor animals. Same with bees, and going up the ladder this can be applied to a couple of others in the animal kingdom.

aliens have no empathetic reason to establish peace with us. Ever. Not even if we create a Dyson sphere and master intergalactic travel

>tfw aliens with advance technology exist
>tfw aliens made their equivalent of anime waifus real.
>tfw aliens are probably ending entropy by extending the life of this universe, and are basically biologically immortal.
>tfw these aliens probably have their own versions of a world creation kit and are gods in those things doing whatever they want, and sharing it with their own equivalent of the internet.

When is humanity going to catch up with any of this?

>We figure out faster than light travel in the year 954,076 AD
>Find out we took longer than any other sentient species in the history of the universe to figure it out
>We are literally the dumbest sentient species of all time

It's called the Prime Directive.

and it's not a bad idea. Ignoring philosophies like this are why our government has spent over a decade dumping money and resources into Middle East nations that can't succeed without us holding their hand. Why would aliens want to come here and do the same shit? They're smarter than that.

Hostile environment.

LITERALLY THE ONLY TIME STAR TREK EVER MENTIONED PRIME DIRECTIVE IS WHEN BREAKING IT. NOBODY'S VISITING US BECAUSE WE'RE STUPID AND UGLY.

>>/r9k/

>You are a silicon valley technologist interested in high technology
>You devote some of your precious time and resources to travel to distant Bangladesh to learn about the latest in high technology...

There are MILLIONS of people obsessed with ants and bees

>tfw the aliens who do visit turn out to be their world's equivalent of weirdos, freaks, and retards with a primitive civilization fetish.

This got to be the most ignorant generation in the history of mankind.

even worse

>they are the equivalent of biologists

ew

I would kill to get a weeaboo alien gf but we won't even get that much. Face it, we're the niggers of the universe.

We could be a powerful species if we collaborated and poured the majority of our effort and resources into science, mathematics and engineering. As well as did away with nations and corporations that pretty much only do meme advancements, with the sole purpose of making that money, all the while fucking everyone else over and stagnating advancement. We'll just dissolve deeper into wealth inequality, general backwardness and this extreme level of inefficiency, till one of us eventually does some stupid shit resulting in the end of our species.

Life isn't like Star Trek user
>We could be a powerful species if we collaborated and poured the majority of our effort and resources into science, mathematics and engineering

Culture and their traditions are powerful motivators in the minds of most people (even you) and a lot of those cultures intrinsically clash with eachother. What you're suggesting is a form of Marxism, and it cannot be allowed.

>everyone should care about the things I care about

maybe nobody is visiting us cause maybe their tech is superior but our weapons are superior

>ayys have anti gravity, faster than light travel, immune to all viruses/bacteria, can communicate with telepathy
>ayys land in the middle of nowhere, Kansas and go spooking about exploring
>*BANG*
>"Holy goddamn Xtblu, that Earth creature just projected a small bit of lead through my tender exoskin and I am now losing whatever the fuck fluid is inside of me at an alarming rate"

This is actually a pol meme, it's illogical to say the least.

It's 99% a "we huemns r scary dont mes wif us" /pol/-tier fantasy, but I've always wondered if it's possible for inter-galactic civilizations to take completely different paths in technology. I'm guessing the basics such as agriculture/farming/the wheel etc are all part of the standard deal. But who knows what happens as it branches out more? I think it will be interesting to find out, if we ever do.

Just the propulsion technology alone required to allow them to travel galactic distances would necessarily mean they had superior weaponry. Unless they got their technology by accident, inherited it from somewhere else, or had some bizarre natural resource that allowed them to travel great distances without understanding how to directly harness the underlying power of their travel resource.

This was brought up once regarding SETI and the general search for life. Searching for radio transmissions. As referenced in Contact, our radio transmissions are sent out (albeit reletaviely short distsances) into space, so we search for radio transmissions that might indicate intelligent. What if for whatever reason they just never developed radio communication, but are still way ahead of us in general? Or maybe they progressed so fast that after they discovered radio it was like a 5 year span of their experiments before they moved on to the next stp

>tfw it probably exists but they are too far away or don't give two shits talking to cave men with nukes

>think about all the things that could have wiped us out in the past 50000 years
>think about all the things that have been nothing short of a miracle to protect our planet
>think about how close we have come to near self annihilation or dictator led stagnation

Pretty sure other races would have gone through something similar if not be stuck in progress or wiped out. Not saying that races that could be far in advance don't exists, but I think they are fewer than we think.

>tfw aliens exist.
>tfw they just hijack years worth of anime from us.
>tfw they will only appear before us if we stop making anime.

Well think about it, suppose they never bothered with radiowaves, and all of their communication takes place using lasers.

After centuries of studying photons, don't you think it's inevitable that they might learn that the electromagnetic spectrum is larger than just the light used in their lasers? I don't see how they could become a multi planet species or build satellites and yet radio waves still be a total mystery or unknown to them

I suppose it's possible that they never built nuclear weapons, but if they are an interstellar species they likely some sort of shielding that would make their use irrelevant.

Theres a strong possibility we are the only civilization within hundreds or thousands of lightyears

I'm just saying, we'll be nothing because we can't do this. Obviously to do it we'd need to globalise and become one culture and foster a mindset geared towards science, personal discipline and the perfection of our chosen path. Again, in both these replies I have said it will not happen. Don't use a false angle please.

>everyone should care about the things I care about
I'm horrible at mathematics and I'm not educated in any science or engineering field. Doesn't change STEM being more important than all the stupid shit we spend our time on.

Star Control II told me there are predator aliens seeking to enslave sentient life fist for their safety so I think we're fine

>implying they aren't visiting us regularly
>implying they would want to give us their technology
Would we give chimpanzees a thermonuclear device?

so they can go BANANAS

:^D

> implying aliens didn't give us modern technology

Do you really think that the internet and this Lithuanian scuba diving forum could have been created by humans?

If aliens invented the Internet then they are our enemies

the red pill is that interstellar distances are too large to ever feasibly journey

they are also too large for communication so even if there were advanced ayys right nearby they would have no way of knowing that we exist

no, that's the popsci pill
Sources suggest ayy lmaos exist within our own galaxy. A space faring civilization would take at most 200 000 years traveling at near half speed of light to reach us. The universe is 14billion years old. Now go back to your memes.

>sources suggest

Come on m8

>traveling at near half speed of light
yeah right as if that will ever be possible

>coincidentally happen to travel to us from all across the galaxy
you are the popscitard

>Sources suggest
no. currently there is no evidence. however, I believe that some form of primitive life is very common, to a lesser degree even intelligent life. but that's not the problem

just look at us. we can barely directly detect planets in nearby solar systems, which means that even interstellar communications let alone travel even with bordering solar systems is practically impossible barring some groundbreaking new discoveries possibly on an even bigger scale than the discovery of electricity with all its consequences

the problem is not a lack of ayy lmaos. the problem is that our entire current technologies are simply incapable of feasibly doing such a thing and you should not take it for granted that this will ever change

You assume that there are sentient species out there more advanced than us. There are several problems with this.

The universe is fairly young. Only about 15 billion years old. Our star is an unusually metal rich population II star. Population I stars, the typical metal rich stars are very recent cosmologically. A metal rich star is vital for creating a metal rich solar system necessary for supporting life.

Life on Earth took 4.6 billion years to produce anything interesting. Either we must hope for other non-typical metal rich stars to all produce life efficiently or we must assume that life bearing planets are only forming recently.

Our assumptions about life developing may be completely wrong. It may be far more rare than we want to admit.

The processes that produced intelligent life may be so rare they only happened in our galaxy once and are not likely to do so for many more millions of years as we wait for other metal rich stars and solar systems to develop the conditions necessary for their development. We may very very well be alone.

sure kids. You see, a real scientist figures things out for himself, often going against the accepted mainstream if the evidence suggests it.
youtube.com/watch?v=18haDlEidsM
youtube.com/watch?v=igUMDICqTpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rLyc4xp75Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=z3wr6_-XoRE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkmhY_ju8o
youtube.com/watch?v=7AAJ34_NMcI
A true scientist can discern real from fraud. Not saying all of this is real, but it's only a sample of what is out there. Not even the most convincing stuff.

that explains anal probing

Is dis nigga serious?

yes?
nice reaction faces yet again

Sorry it's just surprising to see somebody post shit like that on Veeky Forums, I thought I'd accidentally found myself on /x/

/x/ doesn't know how to do anything let alone research UFOs. Paranormal not equal to objects caught on radar etc

unfortunately yes, he is serious

if he would apply teh holy scientifik meffod to what he is getting all worked up about, he might not be

but you can lead a horse to water, user...

>getting information off youtube
>claiming to be a scientist

fucking kek

I'm just curious. What will you say if it turns out aliens are real? You'd probably look pretend you were never such a huge fucking idiot. Well, good news. We'll probably find out within our lifetimes since it won't be possible to censor space tourism.

Chances are if aliens are real they're not flying around in ufos but are just little piece of shit worm things or bacteria

congrats on regurgitating pop science
Here's your Veeky Forums award

fucking pleb

>same user here
>aliens are definitely real
>an egghead crunched the numbers
>the probability of no other intelligent life existing in our universe is absolutely minuscule
>either aliens exist (in some form or another), or everything we know about math and probability is wrong

however, you are a shining example of why earth should potentially not be considered to possess 'intelligent life'

what is your major user?

dont quote youtube, fucking retard..............

Yes I'm sure there are many plebs who take a reserved approach to aliens, it's only the sophisticated scholars who believe aliens have visited us on multiple occasions and that the government is keeping it secret

fucking kek

>youtube quote incoming

what do you study, user?

I don't really have to say anything.
I am simply open to the possibility of aliens because UFOs have been heavily documented.
People don't believe it unless they've seen it for themselves. Just remember how fucking retarded you've been when the truth does come out. That's all I ask of you.

lmfao

i believe in aliens

i believe in UFOs

aliens are basically a statistical certainty, you spastic

you, however, are a schizo with delusions of grandeur

kek x 3000000

focus that energy on science buddy, i believe in you :)

jez

when did I quote youtube, you colossal moron?
your posts are a steaming pile of disordered crap, I'd advise you to sort it out

Judging by your style of writing, you would be the one that is spastic and a schizo, in other word you are projecting hard at this moment.

k...k....k.....kkkkk..kek

top fucking kek
anyone who's different is a schizo.
aliens are a statistical certainty. How did you jump from
>believes in gray aliens
to
>no other life exists though!!! just gangly midgets111
You fucking retard. Do you understand my frustration? Social awareness is shifting towards microbial life existing throughout the universe. This is not YOUR idea. This is what popular media has made YOU think. It's pop sci. It's also so obvious that I don't even bother mentioning it. The fact that you feel the need to, makes you a pleb. Think for yourself.

i believe in you

i think you might be confusing two or more different anons, you steaming pile of wasted sentience

Nice projecting.
a supernova of keks

You see, you're actually the one who failed to assess the context of a post and replied to the wrong person. Hence, you were projecting.
kek
there should be a mandatory IQ test to join this board

in a few millennia, humanity conquered every great filter there is and has hundred of thousand of spacestations floating through the milky way
>we detect suddenly signals
>enthusiastic radio chatter of a sports event on a planet far away from the galactic center
>it seems we aren't alone
>we actually are the forerunners
>we are gods to them
>there will be times where humans will explain to new technological species that the milky way is not the only galaxy
>there will be times where every hope lies on us to solve entropy
>there will be a time when trillions of life's are annihilated at an instant by dark energy
Maybe some of us here will live to see it. I certainly hope so. We only need to not fuck up. Cure aging and conquer every great filter including asteroids, malicious superintelligence (there will be one in our lifetime), designed viruses (also there will be some attacks. Maybe best to never let this happen)

>implying humanity wouldn't have evolved into subspecies and entirely new species, given genetic engineering and allopatric speciation.
>implying it would be us who were the first to reach the space age
Gee, no wonder why people think I'm the crazy alien guy. I can actually develop an initial observation...

oh and btw, CRISPR genetic engineering is in infant stages now. It will cure cancer, aging, hereditary diseases and allow for insertion of talents into new generations. Being the crazy alien guy, I already believe that this has and continues to happen of course, with more sophisticated methods used by our alien overlords.

>we actually are the forerunners

That's as bad as believing your country is the center of the planet or your planet is the center of the solar system or your star is the center of the universe etc. It's never smart to believe you're the best or most important anything in the universe.

What did you smoke?
Where did I state that because we are the first technological advanced civilization we are therefore more important or better? Wtf

I only turned the general view upside down. And my general view is that there are millions of civilization in existence today and maybe there came millions before us in our universe.
But you know... Fermi paradox.

Three things:
Gamma-ray bursts wrecked havoc in the past
Habitable planets have to be just right
Mammal type animal with hands must evolve
All the right evolutionary pressures must be present at the right time so that 20% energy spend in the control center is worthwhile and fine motorcontrol improves

I think there are many worlds with aliens. But even intelligent species like elephants, dolphins, ravens, octopuses, apes can't produce technology. They dont have fine motor control. So your aliens are possibly pretty dumb compared to us

kek

There's no reason to pretend to be shocked by what wrote, it just makes you come across as cringy and autistic FYI. And you're nitpicking semantics. If you believe we're the "forerunners" and that we're the firat species in the universe or even just the galaxy that developed technology then you're falling for the same 'we're special' meme that led people to believe our planet was at the center of the universe. Until more information is available, the appropriate default guess to make is that we're not special. There are many more chances of mediocrity than there are chances of being the first or the center or the best at any given topic.

Do you have reading comprehensions?

Also we all know that Veeky Forums is 60% in the autism spectrum
I really dont care. If you cant comprehend that i dont think we are special but am only saying: "What if we were the first?" Then idk

Asking what I smoked because of a retardedly slight difference in semantics is autistic as fuck. If you want to argue semantics that's fine but don't act like there's a giant gap between claiming we're the first technological species in the universe vs. claiming we're special. And as far as that topic goes I don't think you can actually make a sensible argument that the first technological species in the universe could ever not be special.

Why do we always assume aliens are some super fucking advanced creatures with technology so advanced we can't even imagine it. What if they're just fucking primitives struggling to start fire with two sticks?

What do you dumb drones think entropy is

Basically any form of propulsion can be used as a weapon, and the better it is, the better weapon it makes. Start from running people over with cars, then ramming planes into buildings, kinetic energy penetrators, nuclear pulse propulsion, and so forth.

The only reason people want aliens to be real is so we can mate with their women.

You can't refute this.

This

Some might be. But that kind of alien won't be smart enough to reach us.

We are talking about interstellar-traveling aliens.

In my opinion, if an alien civ. realizes that we're here, and they have the tech to reach us, there's no reason not to come for us, to check us out. The only reason no to do so is that they are so bored of civs like us, and this is unlikely, given that (given our example) visiting a planet that is close to us and can support intelligent life outside of our solar system involves a heckload of travelling, even with superior tech.

You mean mate with aliens that have big juicy cocks

>muh human race not advanced enough so not worthy to be contacted by muh advanced aliens

This is just a false analogy, and a rather common one unfortunately.

If we really didn't care about "insignificant" insects such as ants, then there won't be insect enthusiasts, biologists and zoologists who enjoy studying these creepy critters and sadists who enjoy stomping on them.

What happens if humanity is the forerunner alien civilization?

Ants are way cooler than humans. fuck out of here

Maybe we're the first species in the universe to reach a high level of intelligence. It's up to us to visit other worlds, but we don't have the ability yet.

We already have a Dyson sphere

It's because farmer hoggett didn't invent warp drive yet

if there's multiple aliens competing with one and other enslaving us won't be optional...

you cant just leave a whole planet's worth of free resources just sitting there. the land we sit on is a weapon. the only way i could see them leaving us alone is if they have an already well established alpha species that keeps everyone else in check

This is my guess about what's actually going on

It was a short story you illiterate fucks.
>the road not taken

Maybe the reason they could be stealthily observing is that if they did reveal themselves to us, then all the behavior they observe would not be that which we would naturally exhibit. Confirmed existence of aliens would change a lot of political and cultural paradigms, so maybe they want to observe us without stirring up the hive, so to speak.

Why are most alien encounters happening in america?

they aren't tho

is it?
Because every time I hear something about aliens everyone mentions encounters that happened mostly in usa

It's a big country.

Just one more example of American exceptionalism.

People who say aliens exist should be locked in a mental hospital

>People who say aliens exist should be locked in a mental hospital

Other way around. You'd have to be mentally ill to think that even though there are billions of stars in just our galaxy alone similar to our Sun with many of these being billions of years older, that somehow life only emerged on this one random dirt ball.