Sharethread

My goal is to, eventually, assemble a massive digital library, spanning thousands of books. I've only now started on it, so what I have is a goddamn joke, and it seems that there are no decent "book collection" packs available online to get me started on more solid grounds. And so, I wonder: since books occupy such small space on the drive, do any of you feel like sharing part of your digital collection? Ideally, it should only contain "relevant" works (are of good quality, thousands of people have read them, or they have some sort of cultural impact), but I'll settle for anything. I don't even care about formats.

I'd love to get a link-sharing thread started for packs of books, for us people interested in having a vast library available for us at any time. I know most only download that one book they plan to read next, but I'd rather have a huge collection instead, and I'd assume, so do others.

I'm leaving my poor "starter" library here. Passed it through Calibre tagger once, so-so results, and pretty much only one book per author. Not much of worth on it, but I hope it motivates others to do the same.

mega.nz/#!yJdzxJjS!YenJrmH4RT47peXgKv2NCX2Le5ylTQNEsQke_Jc1JIQ

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/picturethis00hell#page/n5/mode/2up
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>assemble a massive digital library

>assemble a mass of nothing

fuck you. go back to some place that cares about "digital media" like /moo/.

If this thread survives into the morning, I will be willing to search for items on private trackers and elsewhere. I also have a huge backlog. Wish I could share it now but given the circumstances of my stay I can't for the moment.

>If this thread survives into the morning, I will be willing to search for items on private trackers and elsewhere.

Can you look for:
The Art Lover by Carole Maso
Defiance by Carole Maso
Picture This by Joseph Heller
Levels of the Game by John McPhee

Thank you!

I will be on the look and will post the results in the morning. I'm sorry, it's getting late now and I have an appointment to keep later. Keep an eye on the thread!

>a massive digital library
>spanning thousands of books
ok so 1: thousands is not massive, 2: why.
I have almost 15,000 books, most of which I got from one big torrent. I'm not going to read that shit. The only thing stopping me from deleting them is... eh.
I just read the ones that interest me as I go along, which mainly involves downloading new ones as they're almost never in the collection I already have because there are fucking millions of books out there. Follow your interests, don't try to stockpile ALL THE BOOKS, that's dumb and you still won't have all the ones you want to read.

Packs are great but unless it's for diffusion purposes I can't see why you'd ever want huge ones.
I get that digital book collecting can seem like a cheap and more socially respectable version of pokemon, but it really is the wrong way to go about literature. Read and seek what you're interested in, your library will build itself over time.

Why not just make it folders, OP?

What should I watch tonight?

got u beat baby

Pickpocket

What is the RR?

hoarding is easy when it comes to ones and zeros

>thousands is not massive
Normally, I would say that's up for discussion, but if 15,000 is not massive, I don't know what is.
>why.
It's just handy. I'm not saying that everybody should do this, but if space weren't a thing, and you could have all the films ever made directly on your computer, rather than having to download them, wouldn't that be better? I've already, more or less, done this for music, and it's pretty great to be able to listen to whatever I want to listen to, at any time. Spotify misses so many artists, I don't have to pay for subscription, nor depend on a service.

Mind sharing the torrent? All I found were sci-fi, science, and other sort of uninteresting compilation.

SHUSAKU ENDO IN ENGLISH THAT ISN'T KIKU OR SILENCE PLEASE

Damn, how come they're so organized, are you on a private tracker?
Interestingly, I'm far from a hoarder. I have a rather minimal perspective on most things. I live with very few possessions (my room is decently big yet it's pretty much just a bed, a desktop, a chair, and a computer), am very organized, and always try to reduce things to the most essential. It just happens that drive space is so accessible these days, and I just find it incredibly appealing to have something as rich as literature available in this manner.
I used to think this for music, but eventually I got interested on everything, from lowercase to the most disgusting 50,000,000 visits on YouTube pop songs. Not to say that I actively listen, and am knowledgeable in all genres, but the interest is there, and so are the albums for whenever I want to hear them.

IIRC I have a massive collection of "A Very Short Introduction" series compiled from various sources on my mom's netbook. It's not complete but is bigger than any single torrent on the Internet.
I might look it up and upload it to OneDrive if anyone is interested.

Looking for Pages of Pain by Troy Denning, if anyone happens to have it.

have you read any of them? i'd be very interested if they're any good.

Does anybody got a book called "The Great Grisby"?

>A scholar, psychoanalyst, and cultural critic explores the multifaceted role dogs play in our world in this charming bestiary of dogs from literature, lore, and life.

>Dalkey Archive Press
>New Directions
>Pushkin Press
>Twisted Spoon Press

Hey, those are my collections! Give them back right now, user!!

Back.

Could not find anything for Carole Maso besides these two:
>Beauty Is Convulsive: The Passion of Frida Kahlo
>Mother and Child: A Novel
I am happy to share them with you, if you desire.

>Picture This by Joseph Heller
archive.org/stream/picturethis00hell#page/n5/mode/2up

I found every other book by McPhee.

Your book is available on bibliotik.

Downloaded it, fond some stuff that was on my to-read list, thanks OP

Downloaded, hopefully some shit in here that I wanna read. Cheers OP.

Anyone got a good edition of '100 Years of Solitude'?

they're all shit even the original one in spanish loooool :)