What do you think about Veeky Forums being in an anime website?

What do you think about Veeky Forums being in an anime website?

Is it good?

Is it bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.neet.tv/stats.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like to discuss the merits of both as far as storytelling goes. Too bad about faggot mods though

But what do you think of it?

I don't think about it.
I watch anime occasionally and read manga just a little less than I read books.
Nothing wrong with it.

I might be reading too much into the way you phrased your question but I'm getting the impression that you think that Veeky Forums is somehow a distinct entity from the rest of Veeky Forums and that it is just an accident or coincidence that it happened to be hosted here.

Veeky Forums came into existence as a place for all the weaboos here that also happen to like reading books to talk about this particular interest without shitting up the other boards, or having other boards shit up their threads. Like many boards that started out this way it does attract some people that aren't into anime but are still interested in literature and are here simply because Veeky Forums's anonymity provides a certain quality of discussion you won't easily find elsewhere.

The reality is that a lot of Veeky Forums are animefags, and this board was spawned by weaboos for weaboos. Sure there is more to Veeky Forums than anime, but anime flows through every vein of Veeky Forums. If you don't like the fact that people talk about anime on Veeky Forums, too bad, it's going to happen anyway.

Veeky Forums isn't "a literature board that is on an anime website", rather it is "an anime website's literature board".

>"an anime website's literature board".
Non-anime boards outweigh the anime boards by a large margin. Anime and japanese culture certainly have a larger representation here than other western discussion forums, but it's a decade too late to call Veeky Forums an anime forum.
The two largest boards by traffic are /b/ and /v/, so if anything this is a videogame website's literature board.

Well, if are going purely by traffic, based on catalog.neet.tv/stats.html Veeky Forums is currently a political discussion forum.

I have to concede though that perhaps calling Veeky Forums an anime website isn't entirely accurate, it would be more accurate to say it in an anonymous image board, but I'm not sure it is simply a matter of looking at board traffic to determine what this website is about. For example, I watch a lot of anime, but I almost never go to /a/. Mostly because some of my backlog is years old now and I hate spoilers.

The fact is that the first two boards on Veeky Forums were "/a/ – Anime/General" and "/b/ – Anime/Random". Anime has been here from the start, it is still one of the most popular boards and pretty much all non-anime boards were made for anime fans that wants to talk about something other than anime.

I will agree some of the boards started taking on a life of their own though, but excluding boards and traffic that owe their existence to Veeky Forums's anonymity(/pol/ is a perfect example) I'd still say anime is the largest shared interest across all boards.

then where are the light novel threads?

In /a/

/a/ doesn't get nearly enough discussion about manga in general

98% of manga is untranslated. By the time you learn enough Japanese to read manga you can start lurking 2ch

I might be more inclined to do that if sienen was a more popular genre

Anime is for autists, genuinely. Exaggerated facial expressions and child-like transparency so autists don't have to deal with emotional depth or complexity

not all anime is shonen.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is known for its subtle emotions. The plots can be pseudo-intellectual-tier but have more depth than most competent anime

nobody fucking cares, we are not going to validate your shit taste, fuck off back to

Veeky Forums has been a destination for non-"normies" (avant la lettre) of all stripes for a decade now

i sometimes forget that your side of Veeky Forums exists, to me there seems to be /b/ for children, /r9k/ for faggots and /pol/ for the nigger-obsessed (as those are the ones i notice leaking), then there's us. i think you are basically committing the opposite mistake.

how about you fuck off back to /r/cuckoldCommunity

>cuck meme

/v/irgin or /pol/tard or just simply underage?

/v/irgin and Veeky Forumsentist

>ITS OK IF I LIKE ANIME RIGHT GUYZ

kys retard

he doesn't like anime

>he still hasn't grown out anime

>he thinks he's mature because he 'grew out' of anime
Nice opinion, /v/eddit.

>no one liked my OTP NarutoXSasuke fanfic so all anime fans are stupid immature autists for not recognising true literary genious