Who is the final boss of literature?

Who is the final boss of literature?

>thatsnothowtheforceworks.gif

Seus

David Foster Wallace

The Tunnel sucks.

ya mum

Peter Sotos.

Pynchon or Joyce. I'm more leaning toward Pynchon but they both have in common the fact that to fully understand their works you pretty much have to be them.

My wife's sons diary.

Most of you will disagree but I think Borges is the most fulfilled author ever to exist.

It's probably the most important novel in postwar America.

T. S. Eliot

oneself

ie: writing your own work, getting published, giving your blood to the tradition, and inspiring others

He was a right winger.

Next.

Literature isn't a game you beat.

>novel
>america

Nice bait but you should probably kill yourself because it was actually really shit bait. Bet you'll still catch a /pol/fag or two, though.

Goethe.
I feel that his works ( especially Faust) has penetrated every aspect of his and human genius. Its one of the few books that i dare to say its perfect, after reading you dont complains about how the author missed that character or that thing should be different or that he didnt elaborated enough on this and that.

Joseph McElroy

Isnt Proust's In Search of Lost Time supposed to he the Gesamtkunstwerk of literature?

How is The Tunnel or any of Gass's other work compared to his short stories? Is it more difficult? Why is it a meme?

>A Gesamtkunstwerk (German pronunciation: [gə.ˈzamtˌku̇nstˌveɐ̯k], translated as total work of art, ideal work of art, universal artwork, synthesis of the arts, comprehensive artwork, all-embracing art form or total artwork) is a work of art that makes use of all or many art forms or strives to do so.

Pretty much desu sempai

Pound

Alberto Laiseca.

This user has it right.

I learned recently about a video-game term that teenagers these days throw around: "overpowered," or "OP" for short. If a character type in a competitive video game is inordinately more powerful than the others, then it is "overpowered"; the game as a result is deemed "unbalanced," and fans will complain on forums that the developers have delivered to them a swift "slap in the face." It's an interesting metaphor. Life, of course, is no game, and it's a truism that it isn't fair. But every once in a while we get a striking reminder of how unevenly Mother Nature distributes her gifts. Take the literary world for instance. By any measure, David Foster Wallace, the author of the acclaimed novel Infinite Jest, was overpowered. If he were a class in a role-playing game, then you wouldn't hear the end of the complaining. When it came to the writing of fiction, Wallace blew his competitors—historical and contemporary both—out of the water. To borrow another term from video gaming, it's fair to say that he "owned" them. When Infinite Jest hit book stores in February 1996, the title's two words were in the mouth of every serious reader in America; every living writer, however, was faced with a different pair of words: "Game Over."

Tolkien.

obviously joyce. literature was over at the beginning of the 20th, it had already been done, and then joyce did it again. now it's really dead. all this other shit is only footnotes.

8/10

um yeah no I don't feel like reading all this.

importance is a worthless notion

Mm delicious fresh pasta with parmigiana

where is this from?
There is absolutely no way this is from 1996.

gee, user, your mom let you have TWO memes?

His letters

>Infinite jest was published exactly a year before I was born
>same day
what does it mean

>born 1997

FETUS FUCK OFF

It means you're going to hang yourself.

>Veeky Forums user base is collectively getting old

Joyce is seriously the only acceptable answer

The Wake is just something beyond

>banter
>europoorz

I was 16 when I started posting here in 2007

fuck me

agreed.

Veeky Forums is, for the large part, too pleb for Faust. that's why every week or so you get some user saying "Faust was ok. nothing special."

Most oldfags were underage. Even moot was underage.

Same but in 2010. What a life we lead.

John von Dorf, but he's specifically the final boss of Veeky Forumserature.

>has no real meaningful memory of the world prior to 9/11

getting old is hard, kids...

Sandstorms in Arizona wearing swimming goggles and running around getting cut up by debris because it was "cool". post 9/11 isn't a meme though, and I'm only realizing this now, I'm sorry for the fagotry man.

Illiteracy.

Joyce, Pynchon is just a memester overly valued by Americans because they always want to be at the centre of things.

holy fuck. this this this this

Joseph Mcelroy's Women and Men

Modern - Pound
Of all time - Goethe

It's a cringey reddit post turned into a copypasta

case in point

Great, I do think it would have more bite if you replaced "owned" with "pwned"

I was also born in 1997 and the day of 9/11 is one of the earliest clear memories I have. I stood in the kitchen while my mother sat in a chair with her head in her hands crying, unsure if my aunt and uncle who lived near the wtc were alive. I just remember an intense confusion, trying to grasp why everyone was upset but of course unable to.
Every new terror attack brings that image back into my mind. It's nightmarish.

Good critique with good digits.

I agree, actually. Borges doesn't relly ridiculously delated climaxes or gimmicks to woo his readers into thinking he's some otheworldly genius, he's straight and to the point and his choices are always clearly functional, he doesn't obscure things so the reader feels good about themselves, but instead uses the reader's knowledge to make them imagine all kinds of things, and even after you've gone through that, when you come back to his stories they still hold up and you actually get more of them. His stories can be read and judge by anyone on an free afternoon, you're not going to set a schedule so you can finish some intimdating block some time this year. And to top it up the guy was a shy, humble sweetheart, instead of your typical neurotic artist.

All other authors itt are eternally btfo by the B-man by virtue of pic related.

Is this worth the wordcount?

Interestingly, my favourite story of his is The House of Asterion, which has a slightly gimmicky twist ending. For me, Borges is at his best when he does try to one-up the reader with his cleverness.

Depends on how you define 'final.'

That is very interesting. But also: I don't think he ever tries to 'one-up' the reader. I think he's just clever as fuck and enjoys sharing his cleverness with readers, uncompetitively.

Every single word.

The House of Asterion is a lot more beautiful when you read it having in mind the twist--it's not like the existentialist stuff in it gets invalidated. And it's one of my favorites as well, it makes me wish Borges had tried a bit more to do that kind of personality heavy stories, but alas, the psychologists killed most of his desire for that kinda stuff.

(You)

#redpill
#woke