¿Por qué nunca nadie aquí, en Veeky Forums, habla de esta cosa tan maravillosa?

¿Por qué nunca nadie aquí, en Veeky Forums, habla de esta cosa tan maravillosa?

Para los que ya han leído a Ernesto Sabato: ¿Es "El tunel" igual de bueno que el libro de la imagen?

This is a mostly english speaking board brother. But yes, I'm an argie too and this novel when I read it as a teenager pretty much scarred me for life. In a good way. Sublime literature. Too bad for those who miss out.

we had this in high school but our teacher decided it would be better to instead read cien anos de soledad and aura de carlos fuentes.
Is it worth the pickup?

Yeah, read it. In my opinion, the Sabato's writting style is similar to Roberto Bolaño's style. It funny sometimes and pretty savage.

by all means read it. This novel is high literature. Definitely underrated by world standards although it's an established classic here in Argentina.

Sabato es un imbécil. Incapaz de nada original y un divulgador de octava.
No sé sobre El Tunel, pero sus libros en general (La Resistencia en particular) me hace querer vomitar.

Piece o' shit.

Read El Túnel, reread Héroes y Tumbas, and then read Abaddón el exterminador, his masterpiece and one of the best Latinamerican books ever.

kill urself my man

He was 89 years old at the time of La Resistencia. Did you read ANY of his fictions?

nope, only essays
there's nothing remarkable in him as a philosopher

wtf?
no way.

Their styles are not similar at all.

>nope, only essays

How hard to read is Sabato ? Spanish isn't my first language so I'd like to know if I can understand him. How do this book and El Túnel compare with stuff like Las Batallas en el desierto or Pedro Páramo in terms of accessibility ?

Bolaño is good.
Sabato is shit.

Sabato's prose in spanish is the equivalent to Dan Brown in english.
If you can read Pedro Paramo, you can definitely read Sabato.

>Sabato's prose in spanish is the equivalent to Dan Brown in english.

WTF 2

Shitty spic authors general?

Sick high school Spanish OP

of course the tunnel isn't as good, you're comparing sabato's 400+ page magnum opus to an average-at-best 200 page novel he wrote more than ten years earlier

it's like comparing don quixote to whatever other irrelevant novel cervantes wrote before it

bumping for answer

Start with El Tunel if you haven't read it yet. Sobre Heroes.... may be a little more complicated. Not in the language but the plot of the novel itself. Spanish not being your first language this could still be a burden. But if you don't think so just go for it

I read El Tunel in high school, it's not difficult at all, it's a straight story pretty much.
Pedro Paramo should be a much harder read if you're not familiar with the language.

That Sabato's obssesion with blind people. And he died blind.

Novelas Ejemplares is a masterpiece you piece of shit.
>Duh Cervantes only wrote Don Quijote and Göthe only wrote Faust lel