Do you talk about literature with your SO?

Do you talk about literature with your SO?

What kind of books do they like to read?

Which are their favourites?

Do you read together?

>that book manhandling
Why would anyone treat something they've spent money on that way

>SO

>Do you talk about literature with your SO?
Not "with," occasionally "at." I am probably not listened to, but it's still nice to at least voice something to someone.

>What kind of books do they like to read?
Star Wars/Star Trek novels, Evangelion fanfiction, occasionally some popular sci-fi like The Martian.

>Which are their favourites?
The Zahn Star Wars stuff.

>Do you read together?
Never, and probably never will.

>People who put the book spine down on he page they want

Yes, her favorite is The Brothers Karamazov. We talk Shakespeare together and she criticizes me for liking A Tale of Two Cities.

>tfw gf is more literary than you are

It's why I buy used books. Both because I cringe when I ruin a brand new one, and because I like seeing how weathered a used book has become through the years, where the previous readers folded pages, or left notes, or highlighted passages. You're able to get a preview into their private mind which inspires a feeling of togetherness.

I think we date the same person...

Iktf. Except, instead of reading trash, she doesn't read at all.

w2c lit gf?

Haha, probably not that hard to find someone similar in terms of reading. Guys into Star Trek/Wars and popular sci-fi are at least as common as girls into John Green and co.

Are you grills?

At least you've still got a chance to turn them on to good reading when they're not already set on something.

Yes.

Why would you be with such a pleb.

I'll have you no that I read stuff like Infinite Jest, Gravity's Rainbow, The Recognitions and I have little to no sexual experience.

I am the superior choice for you, m'lady

swoon

I'm probably quite a bit older than you, user.

I was plenty pleb myself when I was a teenager, when we first met. People's tastes change, they get new hobbies, they lose old hobbies. It's to be expected, and part of what keeps things interesting. I go along with him to the newest sci-fi action flicks, he trudges along with me to the symphony, etc.

My girlfriend is the one who likes star wars/trek stuff, though.

>your SO
>Implying

pic-related, I don't want to bother typing it all out again a second time

Weird. You would think she'd have got taken by a Veeky Forums type before a Veeky Forums one.

I enjoy it too. Not so much, but still don't care to watch the movies or talk about geek stuff.

I, like you, always make a conversation about philosophy, literature and so. Though she seems interested, I am not sure if she really is.

damn senpai :(

lmao >more lit then you

>favorite is brothers k

ya you guys are both fucking plebs, big deal. two plebs in love, and neither very lit.

You will find someone one day.

>unloved ressentiment babby detected

Fiancé and I talk about what we're reading all the time and how we feel about it. After I finished Hunger, she took it and is probably enjoying it more than I did. She likes the weird and out there with interesting styles mostly. She's a little scared to try older texts because she feels like she won't understand them and will then feel dumb, but I know she'll do fine.

We talk about reading together but typicaly we're too busy laying in bed talking to each other to read

She loves hearing about all kinds of books and what I know and think about books though and I love that.

>tfw you're building a substantial library together

How substantial?

>tfw have to segregate partner's books into another room from shame

I doubt it, honestly. She's already in the grasps of those dreadful television series aimed at young women like Gossip Girl and Reign.

It's frustrating because we care for each other very much and have very congruent personalities - except for our taste in media.
Picking a film for the two of us to watch is a harrowing experience.

I have a gf what I don't like is plebs, and anyone who says brother k is their le favorite book probably should stay on reddit.

>inb4 Gravity's Rainbow is your favorite book

I know how you feel about films. Mine refuses to watch anything in black and white, anything that requires subtitles, and that's most of what I watch. So I end up being the one to bend to his tastes.

It seems easier to turn your brain off than to ask someone else to turn theirs on, regarding entertainment choice.

Thanks for sharing.

She reads HP and the Unbearable lightness of being. I remember some guy a long time ago telling me that only sluts read the Unbearable Lightness of Being and he was right

I have probably over 400-500 and she has another 100 or so in children's books alone

Can you post a picture, of at least the children's book? I have a sub-collection for those too.

Tl;dr
>i'm poor

please dont underestimate me like that... my favorite book by far is pic related

>not buying used books
it's the only way to be

Unfortunately we are not living together yet and she is at work. They're kinda all over though because she's constantly taking them into work (preschool teacher)

Well that sounds cute, user. Good luck to you both, especially on the wedding.

Don't move in with her, you'll find yourself accidentally entering the bathroom after she's taken a massive, dirty, reeking shit.

Face it, she's vile

And giving birth is even worse than that. If you want to procreate, you'll have to accept that women are also human.

All the time

Yes.
For the most part, she likes to read literature based on fictional events and people.
"The Sun Also Rises," "The Great Gatsby," and certain works by Kafka are her favorite pieces of literature.
>Do you read together?
Yes. I read "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" with her, and I read books with her while reviewing them for a book club.

>inb4 someone freaks out about her not shaving her arms

>women
>human

pick one. They are mere insects, barely more conscious than a rock

>dating a girl with literally (figuratively) no ass

pleb

what's she reading

Twilight or John Green probably

Square up

I almost had a moment with my Greek teacher, where we started discussing Stoner.

I could see her eyes light up when I told I had read the book.

Unfortunately I am a sperglord, so nothing ever came out of that..

>2/10 would not bang

Yeah she could afford to do some squats.

That's the beauty of dating blondes. You never notice it

Sherlock Holmes or something. Her favorite authors are de Bouvoir and Jane Austen. I'm reading sense and sensibility right now.

V. Nice user

or harrold porter

She sounds beautiful.

>de Bouvoir

I've seen people up in arms about unshaven blonde arms too. It's still slightly visible in sunlight, like in your pic.

She is pretty... and smart too. Phd in Classics.

I wish i had a gf into films so I had someone to watch Come and See with

Why do love and depression feel so similar?

Because they both include longing.

Maybe it's due to knowing that they are going to die. I think about it a lot.

Yes, even though he has plebby tastes. We talk about the science/nature stuff he reads, I nod politely when he tells me about the latest scifi trash he's reading, he nods politely when I brag about my latest used book haul.

Nonfiction about animals, science fiction, some history. He'll read whatever I recommend though, so I've been slowly trying to elevate his tastes.

>Which are their favorites?
He likes Dune, A Canticle for Leibowitz, and WWII history.
Of the stuff I've recommended, he loved The Life of Insects, Memories of the Future, and The Leopard.

>Do you read together?
Yes. We're currently reading the Dark Tower series aloud before bed and we get together with another couple every other week to read Shakespeare.

Where did you find such a pliable guy? I'm jealous.

All guys are pliable

Not if you don't give up the pussy enough, but I suspect you're a fag, because women don't frequent the internet let alone Veeky Forums.

You just give it up when you want to condition them to serve your needs.

You do actually sound like a woman when you say it like that. ;^)

>turning Veeky Forums into /b/

humble brags am i rite bros!

You should recommend Riddley Walker, though considering it's in weird future-Kent dialect (spoilers) I'm not sure I'd recommend it to be read aloud. Canticle was very influential in its composition but it's much weirder, more grotesque.
Try him on some Hemmingway or the better war memoirs as well, maybe Homage to Catalonia to make sure his politics are correct. Alternatively one of the many British ones which are just full of jollies. Or Sword of Honour, v funny. Or Ice cold in Alex - the only book I know of which contains a chapter in the voice of an ambulance.

My girlfriend is fairly lit and could shitpost with the rest of us.

Yes, we discuss works we've both read or give each other recommendations.

She acts like she only reads whatever's in the bargain bin, but in reality she's read most of the classics.

Her favourite authors are Austen, Murakami, and Joyce.

>Do you read together?
No, if I'm with her I want to talk to her, if I want to read I want to read on my own.

post feet

I'd consider that infidelity, sorry user. I'm extremely loyal

Also a woman. Can confirm. Nerdy guys are easy to bend to your will.

I did classics and force all my lovers to read loads and loads of Plato.

NORMIES LEAVE NORMIES LEAVE
BACK TO R/BOOKS BACK TO R/BOOKS
NORMIES LEAVE NORMIES LEAVE

>You'll never have books with two bookmarks

Why the fuck did this hit me so hard

Mad inconvenient desu, just read in succession or get two copies if you really need to read it at the same time

>one bookmark in the main text
>one in the end notes
incredible isn't it? the power of reasoning.

No, she's a total pleb, but I do try to concentrate on Literature whenever I ejaculate inside her in order to impart taste to our children. Too early to tell if it's working though.

This.

>Le fucking reddit term.

>the absolute state of frogpeople when they see people who have active sex lives

ELMAO @ you guys

Do not read that book, legitimate 0/10 read.
Movie is shit as well, don't bother.

Also
>SO

I take it you don't have an SO :^)

Your probably too manlet to get one. Get to the gym

Me ex didn't read much... at all. I once gave her as a present (not birthday or anything, just a present) Notes From The Underground when we started dating. We were together for six years. She never read it. And she dumped me btw

how did her butthoolio smell?

>SO
What?

Go ahead, read it, if you won't take it from a manlet like me. Like a child who does something because he is told not to, you will soon learn.
At least pirate it or something though.

like ass. She had hemorrhoids and hair. Not worth licking 0/10. Adorably tasty pussy though

>She had hemorrhoids and hair.
but WHY?!?!

Yeah, we talk about what we're reading at the moment. She often finds even some of the entry-level literature challenging to read because of her dyslexia.
Mostly YA and thrillers, though she's really been trying to get into classics and entry-level lit.
She ended up reading "Pride and Prejudice" and liked it. I'm basically infecting her with stuff from the Veeky Forums starter kit, and so far she's really liked "The Great Gatsby", "Siddhartha" and "The Picture of Dorian Grey".
>Do you read together?
I'm a way faster reader so most of the time I end up leaving her behind. When I can, I try to re-read some of the stuff from the starter kit with her, though.

Unironically, what's a SO?

significant other