Fall quarter schedule thread?

fall quarter schedule thread?
lets do this.
1 group and set theory
2 modern algebra
3 linear algebra
4 chem 3
5 applied optics
6 physics undergrad project (self study)

Anyone who has done an undergrad research project, I would like to hear how it went for you. I need to present my advisor with a problem I'm interested in by September 22.
Physics/pure math major here

Other urls found in this thread:

worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/8947
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>1 group and set theory
>2 modern algebra
>3 linear algebra

wat?

The prerequisite for modern algebra is just calc 3, differential equations and group theory. I got my prof to allow me to take modern algebra and group theory concurrently so it all worked out.

Same

8min/h

This shit got me

>group and set theory
...at the same time??
Protip: set theory first, then group theory
Source: Abel, Galois, Noether

its basically an intro to group and set theory.

I don't know why I find that that pic so funny

because it says 8mins/hr? thats just fucking hilarious. I'm a grader for some lower division classes and I've seen some answers that are just as funny as this.

My load is pretty light

Calc 3 w/ analytic geometry
Linear Algebra
Organic Chemistry

It's my first quarter at UCSD, which is an actual academic school, so I took a light load, only 12 units.

But, I'm nervous. Everyone says UCSD is like 20x harder than city college.

it is, I go to cal poly which is pretty much the same difficulty as a UC school and being a transfer myself, I can say the students are 50x smarter than community college students. I'm glad I'm being challenged a little bit for once.

Most four year schools will be harder than a juco. I was a transfer from Santa Monica College (rejected by Cal/UCLA) and did well as a mechanical engineering student.

The main thing is not falling behind on quarters. The third week will be midterm time and you will struggle to finish the tests in the allotted time.

>Third week is midterms

Wew, that's fast as fuck. I took calculus 2 over the summer and we had midterms on the second week, and I did well, so I think I can handle the pace

But that was only one class, dunno how I'll juggle a full load. I had straight As in my Juco and work pretty hard, I should be fine at UCSD, right?

Dynamics II
Fluid Mechanics II
Solid Mechanics
Real Analysis
Linear Algebra
Quantum Physics

1. Statistical Physics
2.Solid State Physics
3.Introduction to Particle Physics
4.Complex Analysis
5. Project on density operators

>Linear Algebra
>Quantum Mechanics

Isn't linear algebra a prerequisite for most QM courses?

take three classes
never fall behind
they will test on material not covered in class
a ta will grade all tests, not the instructor
make friends, as a transfer you may feel like an outsider
i did well and so should you
your first time at the quarter pace is the most important

nope. just intro to qm (235), calc 3 and differential equations. not user but this is how it works at my university.

Only taking 3 classes this year. I will do as you say on the rest. I'll work hard. Thanks senpai, made me feel better.

What does that course cover though? surely to do any of the formalism, you at least need to be aware of linear operators and inner product spaces?

they suggest taking it after the physicsmechanics series which is taught by a Dr from MIT who is infamous for his difficulty, the book goes over all of this. heres the link

worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/8947

DEs
calc 3
intro to proofs
intro cs

Lost very hard

1. Dynamical systems
2. Differential geometry
3. PDEs
4. Topology
5. QM and elementary particle theory
6. Geometry

Please tell me that post was not here on Veeky Forums

>group and set theory
>group and set theory

Why are these two things related?

1. Physics I
2. Introduction to Electrical Engineering
3. C for Engineers

12 credits total. How fucked am I?

Differential Equations
University Physics I
Object-Oriented Programming
Computer Architecture

13 hours

Quantum physics
Physical organic chemistry
Animal behavior
Spanish 3 (lmao)
Undergraduate research

Got two semesters left, all that's left really are some upper level electives and gen-ed bullshit that I put off. My uni gives me 3 credit hours for my lab work this semester though which is nice.

University Physics 1
Calculus 2
Intro to Mathematical Modeling
Latin 101
Folklore (lololol)

I'm an oldie starting uni at a small local liberal arts school. It's strange and backwards doing a Physics/Maths major at a little school like this, but I do not have the money to move away and spend on tuition at a fancy technical school.

Any graduate students here? Am I destroying my chances at career or further schooling by taking this route? Everything I've read and everyone I've talked to and sought advice from seems to think I've played it smart and will have success, but I'm constantly having a feeling like somewhere I have made a crucial mistake.

Next semester will be fun, though. Calculus 3, Diff EQ, Multivariable Calculus and more physics. After that I can finally get into more labs like Optics, E&M, Linear Algebra etc.

Having to go through all these pre-reqs is killer, but save for the mandatory language I knocked out all my gen ed requirements at a Community College.

Geo with QM??

>Biology II
>Biology II Lab
>Forensic Chemistry
>Forensic Chemistry Lab
>Physics I
>Physics I Lab
Forensic Science major, taking prerequisites.
(Would have taken Bio 2 and Physics 1 much earlier if I had a 4 year plan and knowledge of the courses needed for the degree, neither of which I knew or was told about before coming to university because everyone in high school was retarded.)

Not at all. I'm surprised chemistry isn't on there

1. Physics I
2. Calc II
3. Intro to Logic
Pretty comfy. I don't feel so stressed out anymore by taking things slowly.

physics 1 (not even joking)
orgo 2
lab shit

>Numerical Analysis I
>Real Analysis 2
>LA and Matrix Analysis
>Mathematical Economics

>mfw conflict with Abstract Algebra so have to wait a year before I can take it

Graduate Riemannian Geometry
Graduate Real Anal
Seminar on Einstein's Field Equations from a Mathematical perspective
Honor's Thesis in Differential Topology