The Rules of Veeky Forums

The Rules of Veeky Forums

The site given rules suck. In this thread we write our own rules for our board.

Propose the new rules.

disable OP, delete all current posts and archive, remove first half of sticky, leave only wiki. 100% better board.

>no frogposting
>no "what did he mean by this"/"really makes you think" threads
>no "should I read this?", "thoughts on this book?" etc. without starting off the discussion yourself with your own impressions or thoughts
>no shitty identity politics threads like "why can't women understand literature?", "name me one female masterpiece, protip you can't", "what are some great black authors, hard mode nothing about oppression" etc. which is only made to devolve into /pol/ or /r9k/ posting
>no "what is the literary equivalent of [insert non-literary thing]?"
>no screenshot of some idiot on twitter or tumblr voicing an opinion and creating a thread with that as the header without something equivalent of "is she right?"
>no reddit-related threads

Nailed it

>cannot post until 30-day mandatory lurk period

>30-day lurk period
>30 day

nigga if I see you pull the required cannon you need to at least not sound mentally retarded in any respectable literature board I'll give you my clap claps, but not today si, you have proven nothing
not today

>no women allowed
>meme funpost threads are OK but only if they're really infrequent
>you must read one book from the canon per week to post here or you will be shot in the head
>no discussing a book unless you've read it

I agree with all your points

This tbqhwy family member.

Permaban all frogposters and the rest will follow

>#1 No frogposting
>#2 NO FROGPOSTING
>#3 You are a pleb unless you read the Greeks.
>#4 You will always be a pleb even if you read the Greeks.
>#5 Our taste is better than yours.
>#6 Literary discussions belong to Veeky Forums
>#7 Historical discussions belong to Veeky Forums
>#8 Any discussion in any board belongs to Veeky Forums
>#9 ?

What is wrong with frogs? Matsuo Basho thought that they where pretty cool.

This
kek

>no intelligent arguments or well-conceived points

>t. frog faggot

no misogyny or political bait threads

misogyny is fine insofar as you have a work of literature that covers it and you present its argument in the OP. Just don't make shitty bait threads or threads with "what did Schopenhauer mean by this?" and then adding a screenshot of a section from On Women

Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Before David Foster Wallace

How can I start with the Greeks if I'm not allowed to discuss Aristophanes' The Frogs?

absolutely this, MODS

Oh great, off to r/books with you all then. Without the meme threads you all whine about lit would be a dead board.

As it stands the current lit rules have turned it into the only place online which can make memes out of IJ and the Greeks, don't fuck up a good thing.

No irony of any sort except for as it directly pertains to literature.

Those are fine as long as it's not irrelevant attention seeking faggotry on the part of fat autists

bump

he's just a butthurt Euripides fan