Which one are you?

Which one are you?

the first one but not in all classes

Me on the left

But in all honesty, somewhere in between.i reread my notes and do a problem or two of each type and then it's committed to memory and not going anywhere so I move on.

Some people study ridiculous amounts hut its just because they're fucking stupid or don't understand the material and have to depend on memorization rather than intuition

Left in DiffEq, right in Physics 2

this meme only extends till like sophomore year. junior and senior year weeds out the "smart but lazies" by slamming people with big ass projects and tedious reports that are worth the majority of your grade.

On the left for me. Though I wouldn't say smart as much as sufficient. Plan on working this year though haha

>junior and senior year weeds out the "smart but lazies" by slamming people with big ass projects and tedious reports that are worth the majority of your grade

hey bro, wanna be in the project with me?

thanks bro, have it finished by the next month and i'll review it before hand it in

hey bro, wanna share answers?

oh wow, so it's like that, yeah yeah, i got it all wrong, you probably don't want to see it, thanks bro

It's better for slackers that way because you don't have to remember to do shit every week. You just do it as it comes.

lol, enjoy redoing the whole thing at the last minute.

as opposed to working on it for a month? sure bro thanks

>tfw was always project lead in undergrad
>tfw I just let the pajeets and muhammads do the actual work, and I just combined and edited everyone's part of the report since I was the only one with a proper understanding of the English language
I wonder if this is how jews feel all the time

>not properly managing your underlings

if you can redo an entire months worth of work overnight, then you aren't that lazy bro.

>lowering yourself by working with pajeets and muhammads

being lazy is one thing. lacking self respect is another.

both honestly. but i dont feel smug or angry about anything

You can only be the one on the left for so long. Unless you go to a shit uni or shit school, there comes a time when that won't work anymore.

For me it was 3rd year of uni.

that's because the first years are hard subjects made easy

whilst from third year on there are easy subjects made hard with ridiculous requirements

Yep, definitely the case at my course. It also depends on your degree. Many degrees focus primarily on exams that you can luck out on or assignments that you can all-nighter your way through. With some degrees that's impossible.

>be in senior design
>hand-pick the best and brightest from your graduating class to be in your group
>professor sees this, ans decides that you team is lacking in diversity
>assigns two saudis to your group
Such is life in American public universities

Person on the left: Grasps principles of what he has learned and can apply said principles in a flexible manner

Person on the right: Rote learner that memorizes an endless amount of trivia and can only apply said trivia in that classroom's environment.
The person on the left learns more in his sleep because he is establishing neuroconnections that were stimulated during studying.

The person on the right is brute force memorizing trivia over and over.

The person on the left sees the forest.

The person on the right sees the trees.

post sauce of lolipepe pls

I was on the left until last year when I accidentally got Dean's list, and it hit me that I could blow college out of the fucking water if I put in the tiniest amount of effort.
So this semester I've been studying, and it feels good.

Holy fucking cringe batman

inb4 you don't do as good

Mixture of both

It could be the material is easy, but I've been coasting pretty smoothly so far. The lazyfags I hang out with are having trouble with concepts that to me are easy af because I studied for an hour.

Memorize every word in my post to understand.

I like it when only someone else and myself work on a project.
>thermo 1
>whole semester project proving 1st law
>5 people to group
>another guy and me do the work
>we unload the number crunching and writting onto the other lazy fucks while we get full use of the chemistry lab
>we have 3 other classes with each other
>just study, do homework and some cool ass experiments together
>a month in
>intentionally do it when the other 3 guys cant

We academically cucked the lazy fucks. It was great.

left until i got into college

how is it even possible to get an A without studying?

do they actually go to lecture, or how does it work? teach me

just watch youtube videos before the exam

it isn't possible, it's all memes

i just pay attention in class and that's it. i never study at home

>do they actually go to lecture
Literally why wouldn't you go to lectures? It's literally the most efficient way to learn.

I never miss class, pay close attention, never study and I have a straight A record.

Studying mathematics to give context. You probably could not pull this shit in medicine or biology.

its a combination of good test taking skills and knowing yourself and how you learn. these guys usually aren't smarter, they are just more efficient. grinding problems and beating your head against a book is a draconian method thats not a one-size-fits-all solution.

tests themselves are easily gamed, and you can often get by just by knowing the professor and what kind of problems he puts on exams.

Its not effective way to learn, its not the most efficient.

Its just a way to examine what the professor knows and their attitude. You also get guided onto new topics required for the exam.

Is the lecture meme really that powerful?

I usually skip out lecture entirely, to the point where the few times that I go, I know absolutely none of the material. Then I get to the final week and weekend of the material and start learning from day 1.

got any tips?

final week and weekend before the final*

fucked that post up

>I usually skip out lecture entirely, to the point where the few times that I go, I know absolutely none of the material. Then I get to the final week and weekend of the material and start learning from day 1.

>how to forget everything after a semester, the guide

You're getting memed dude

>Is the lecture meme really that powerful?
for me they are, i learn best when i'm being told something directly. i always get bored when reading books and that way i hardly learn anything. but it depends on the person.

i was ill often back in high school. the stuff i missed in school i don't know until this day.

>>how to forget everything after a semester, the guide

Nailed me down. I have to review material before the start of a new semester.

meme degree alert

Go to lecture, find out what you need to learn, then go read the book, do some problems, check out some videos on it, read some other sources and talk to other classmates.

>I usually skip out lecture entirely, to the point where the few times that I go, I know absolutely none of the material.

No joke, you are fucking retarded.

You bought into the 'Oh look at me I am such a genius, I don't even go to class and learn everything' meme so hard that you are now learning in the most inneficient way possible.

This is the problem with memes. Like, it is fun to joke about them but then when someone takes them seriously is when shit goes down.

I mean, just look at CS. 'CS is top math for geniuses' was the absolute top tier meme in /g/ back in the 2010 and now the degree is filled with absolute retards with delusions of greatness.

Memes.
Not even once.

i'm doing EE

so I guess it is a meme

you're being memed on. only retards go to lecture. keep doing what you're doing

I was the "smart but lazy" guy through grade school and undergrad, graduated with a 3.96 in 3 years and rarely studied. Now it's the opposite in my PhD program, I spent around 80 hours a week doing coursework my first year but still failed my qualifying exams the first time. There are still people who manage to cruise along effortlessly even at PhD level.

yeah, that method right there is the worst not only in terms of performances but even in terms of time efficiency
if you do that you'll spend MORE time scramming for all those tests that you would have spent cumulated going to classes and studying a little bit regularly. And you'll retain less in the long runs.

Don't do this to yourself nigguh. The more sleep sessions you have between study sessions the easier it is for your brain.

>do some problems
>check out some videos
this is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he wants to do. If you have to do problems, you're not cut out for STEM.

Closer to left, but it's less laziness and more arrogance that I'll be able to do any project in a few hours the night before. There are of course instances where I could have turned out higher quality work had I spent more time, which always gives me a bit of shame. My grades are quite good, though, and I end up with a lot more time for relaxation than people who study for hours and hours every week.

>if you have to practice anything, you aren't cut out for it

You are literally autistic

Nobody seriously believes this except for dumb engineering majors who just plug shit into formulas. Good luck passing a proofs-based math course without practicing solution methods.

t. hardworking but dumb

>I usually skip out lecture entirely, to the point where the few times that I go, I know absolutely none of the material.
I can't express to you how retarded and counterproductive that is. Not only is your work ethic going to shit, but you also have to spend the whole semester with a feeling of uncertainty whether or not you will be able to get the topic. Your professors are holding their hands out to walk you through the material and you reject them for an extra hour of sleep.