Career Advice

Hi Veeky Forums

Posted this on /adv/, got no responses, so here goes.

Curry Niger here, in the last year of undergrad programme in microbiology. Currently in an avg semirural college, in a country with a terrible education system. Meh grades, due to archaic and stupid grading/exam system. I got great LoRs though; all professors (except one) got only great things to say about me. (No surprises there, most of my batchmates are dumbfucks.

Really, really love Micro, wanna continue in immunology or microbial ecology or genetics (just because CRISPR fascinates me); especially love lab/research work.
The problem is, good unis in my country only accept students with unnaturally good grades.
So, I decided to study abroad, but then I realized that I'm poor AF.

>fucked up by not being born in a first world country
>life sucks and probably will remain so till I die.

What do I do, Veeky Forums?

American here

Do what you want, just stay out of my country

Also, someone on /pol/ told me India is going to be a superpower by 2020,so maybe just wait a bit

Don't listen to this
Intellect and merit is what counts.

Apply for scholarships. Why not prepare for JAM and get into IISC, Bangalore? You will be set for life if you get through.

Good luck.

Don't listen to this retard. If you are qualified enough to get into one of our Microbio unis you have every right to come here. I know the uni I go to, university of Pittsburgh, has a good ranking, university of Washington is good too. You should take the GRE and possibly a GRE subject test as well.

Rights don't exist.

>philosophy

Rights or not I believe the most qualified person should get into the program.

You're the one doing philosophy. Philosophy concerns itself with bullshite like rights and normativity.

There's that philosophy talk again.

>>>/india/

>unnaturally good grades

This is bs.

Some people are not meant for science.
They either lack the aptitude, determination, luck or something else.

Do what you think is right.
And if you fail to get what you want, then so be it.

Veeky Forums confirmed for craving curry dick

But hes right thou. Rights aren't tangible.
Don't be too mean. He'll stay in his lab doing research and make Cat girls a possibility for you.

Asian niggers are abundant online.
They are some of the laziest students in all of university experience.
Bunch of screw-ups. More than once, they have ruined group projects.

I am preparing for it, but my chances aren't good. There was this girl 2 years senior to me who appeared for it. She is the smartest person I know, and she didn't even get in the top 500.

Of about 15k people who wrote the exam.

And a premier institute like IISc won't even consider me until I get, like, in the top 100s.

Bhai, ye bhi achhi advice hai.

Yeah, my professor advised me to do the same, but I really don't have the money to study in practically any first world country.

Yaar, that's much easier said than done.

Generally in a phd program they will pay you a stipend.

If they didn't even bother to google basic infos. They're a lost cause. But that's just my opinion.

I'm sure he can get into a second-rate microbio program. Fuck, I was working with this girl who is in the microbio program here, which is top-ranked, and she didn't know the difference between fraternal and identical twins.

Exactly my experience. I'm not sure Indians and Pakis in my program even passed high school. Did they falsify their degree or what?

No the girl was white. My point was that people in the top programs aren't always geniuses, so OP can at least get into a mid-level program.

I'm not eligible for a PhD programme yet, m8.

"they"
>generalizing on Veeky Forums

Fucking /pol/tards.

>collecting data points and plotting a trend
How fucking dare they??

Whoops, my bad.