Six books

Can you help me complete the table or suggest replacements for the already chosen books?

popsci does not belong here

gtfo

bump

take your infantile capeshit back to

>Five Billion Years of Solitude
Damn, makes Gabriel Garcia Marquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude" seem like nothing

>complete the table

Pretty sure you can think of at least the one notable AI optimist.

That Israeli transhumanist with a book out this year probably goes in the genetic-optimist spot? I barely know anything about his book though.

>you can think of at least the one notable AI optimist.

im sorry, but i cant im kinda all over the place and my knowledge on these topics is very marginal so far

i've considered B and C for the AI-optimistic spot, and D for genetics-optimistic spot, but they dont fit for various reasons

and i think A could replace Bostrom's "Superintelligence" pretty well

>That Israeli transhumanist with a book out this year
im sorry, i have no idea who you are talking about

bump

Why are you spending so much time creating a table of books?
Even if these weren't retarded meme books, why waste so much thought and effort on this?

Yuval Noah Harari's "Sapiens: A brief history of humankind" was an excellent book IMO. I look forward to reading the new one.

For anyone interested in optimistic AI predictions, "Creating a friendly AI" is a requisite -- and I say this even though I think Eliezer Yudkowsky is a self-important hack. His book still contains good ideas.

Thanks!
I'll definitely check these two out, but CFAI seems too technical though and it looks like Sapiens talks too little about the three original topics

pls go
popscience not allowed

please leave

what the fuck is this
none of this is science

marquez is a shitty writer.

wtf i hate marquez now.

Then lets get some good Veeky Forums Veeky Forumserature ITT.
I only see a problem with one of the OP's books.

OP is a fag by default. If you cant get some good content in here then you're a fag too.

>OP is a fag by default

pre-sleep bump

after-sleep bump

Searching for ET is retarded and a waste of resources. We should be searching for meteors in our solar system instead.
Superintelligence is Hollywood bullshit.
Genetic enhancements = patents = societal cancer.

nice tumblr gif you dick sucking mongrel

farewell, my beautiful thread

The one notable AI optimist would be Kurzweil, any of his books will do