Which parts of the bible are essential for understanding its impact on literature?

Which parts of the bible are essential for understanding its impact on literature?

I've already read genesis, exodus, job, psalms, ecclesiastes, proverbs, solomon's song, the gospels, and revelation. What am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauline_epistles#Authenticity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*lamentations*

;____;

Book of John is entry level in terms of becoming a Christian, it shows you how to get saved

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

God, mysteriously once a cunt now loves you instead of treats you like the biggest mistake in the universe.

Awesome. The most legendary retcon in the history of literature.

Why wouldnt you just read Paul?

Are you really reading the bible strictly to "understand its impact on literature"? You've wasted alot of time.

>I have no understanding of the Bible: the post

Did God not beget Adam as well? What is Adam to him then?

Will this shit be one of the daily threads now?
Retards with ADHD asking what to skip in the most important book of the Western world?

But user we already have daily Infinite Jest threads

different context. which is immediately apparent to anyone who's actually read it.

This. also hilarious to me

Pretty much the whole New Testament. It's short enough to just read the rest you have left so don't bitch

>god creates everything

>everything he creates is a failure

>his failures are punished instead of god punishing himself

>massacres

>genocides

>destruction

>then a few thousand years after kike stories are passed down a few more kike-haters say God was killed in the form of a human being by the kikes.

Sure sounds like someone in the Roman Empire watching the rise of Christianity in Judea wanted the Jews to be persecuted.

One giant load of bullshit tacked onto kike beliefs to piss everyone off.

dirty kike detected

this reads like literal redpill propaganda

Nice of you to show your complete ignorance of philosophy in general since you're obviously not aware of even the classical reasoning for God as the supreme good. There's more to knowledge than watching Jesus Camp on Netflix lmao

What context then? Is it because Mary was still a virgin when Jesus was birthed?

Man is a creation.
Yeshua is a theophany.

You have to read the book of John, and everything Paul wrote (or may have written)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauline_epistles#Authenticity

it is a good idea to read Luke +Acts of the Apostles together because it was written by the same guy, whoever it may have been, it is like one single book cut in 2.
If you read Luke you dont need Matthew or Mark.

Cambridge wants English majors to read Genesis, Exodus, Job, Psalms, Song of Solomon, the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and Revelation before they start the program.

Years ago someone posted an actual syllabus from Oxbridge that was a lot more specific. Of course, you should read the whole thing if you don't want to go to hell. I carry around a phylactery containing a few choice verses just in case for example a girl touches me or I walk through a vape cloud, that sort of thing.

>I carry around a phylactery containing a few choice verses just in case for example a girl touches me or I walk through a vape cloud, that sort of thing
fuk'n kek

>walks through vape cloud
>SORRY JESUS
>flips through notebook
>m-m-my b-body is a t-temple of the Holy Spirit, my body is a temple o-of the Holy Spirit, m-my body...

God literally falls from the sky laughing

the torah, tanak, and the recordings of jesus and the disciples in their original form, like all good spiritual texts, contain occult allegories and language in hebrew and greek not anywhere intelligible through the filter of That English Propaganda Revision unless you're actively spiritually social in somewhere like the American South

>I carry around a phylactery containing a few choice verses just in case for example a girl touches me or I walk through a vape cloud, that sort of thing.

you're the kind of soul that would probably benefit from some courses in talmudic studies or gnosticism if I'm understanding you correctly

Isaiah and Ezekiel. They're both long, but are essential.

Why tho? Christianity isn't reallt relevant to educated westerners anymore. It's only remaining impact is its role in shaping the ideologies of western culture, but we're so many steps removed from that influence, and the really religious bits (like page after page of torah law) that reading it for any other reason is not time well spent.