Hygiene Science

How many times a week should we shower?
Also, how many times should we shampoo?

Other urls found in this thread:

health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/daily/tips/daily-shower-skin1.htm
med-health.net/How-Often-Should-You-Shower.html.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Showering is overrated unless you really need a full body clean for whatever reason. It's simply wasteful and can actually damage your skin. It's much better to target body parts as needed, ass, pits, crotch and teeth are notorious for needing daily cleanings to prevent smell. Treat hair as you would any other body part, if you find it gross then clean it.

Science

Theres no real answer. If you are dirty, wash

please shower

Please stop wasting water and energy for no reason.

t. neckbeard who can't figure out why women don't like nice guys

I really think you're projecting something here because nothing in what I said had anything to do with that. If there's something wrong with it why not point it out instead of going on the defensive with an ad-hominem assault?

it's disgusting, that's what. our modern hygiene standards are high enough that you need to shower every day to stay on par

>muh logical fallacy
Nice rebuttal i see you picked up your skills from /pol/

If people can't tell the difference what does it matter? What's wrong with targeting what needs to be cleaned as it needs to be cleaned? health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/daily/tips/daily-shower-skin1.htm there are consequences to showering every day, you're really not doing yourself any favors.

I can't make an argument against a non-argument, not sure what you want me to do.

>If people can't tell the difference what does it matter?
they do. you smell.

Now you're just being silly.

no. it's true. you might need some more self awareness, ask people you frequent if you smell.

I have before and I've learned to be able to smell myself. Honestly I'm probably cleaner than you at all times, doing thorough inspections kind of forces you to know what parts of your body smell and what doesn't. It's like comparing someone who exercises several muscles and has good familiarity with his muscle groups to someone who casually jogs for a couple minutes every day.

>doesn't shower daily
>"Honestly I'm probably cleaner than you at all times"
you're supposed to thoroughly wash yourself when you shower, genius. your parents did a shitty job at that apparently and you think it's rocket science now

>I've learned to be able to smell myself.

Sure you have Panjeet

You're actually complaining about someone contemplating the science of things on a board called science and math. There's no communicating with you, I'm done here.

Excellent /pol/ meme, you really got me there. Also learn to samefag better, all your posts either end without a period but start with a capitalized letter, end with a period but don't start with a capitalized letter, or you've thrown proper sentence structure right out the window and use neither. Reminder that you need to be 18+ to use this website.

saying
>I've learned to be able to smell myself
and speaking of how you're a good boy who knows how to wash himself when you don't even shower daily is not "contemplating the science of things" you disgusting fucking retard. you reek. if you actually went out and talked to people you would know.

>tfw schizotypal
>have to shower 2 times a week, and wear scent 99% of the time i am outside or i think everybody is smelling me or making fun of me

Why don't you shower more often if you're afraid of smelling

wait, week? I correct it to day.
i am too sleepy to type correctly

You basically described me in high school. I was extremely paranoid about the way I smelled, I don't care as much anymore though.

You just have to not care. And there is no way you can smell even by taking ONE shower and wearing deodorant

I can't help it, I always feel like they are criticising my eccentric behaviour and weird habits.

And I just have to care about it, it's something subconscious that is fucking me up.

If you're lucky you'll grow out of it like I did, if not consider taking to a therapist or something.

Good luck

>Our
>Standards
>On par

Get that new world order hive mind speak the fuck out of here

How do people think this would help someone who DOES smell?

If you stink, it's not about showering. You'll just smell like wet stink. It's about what you eat and what you're sweating out. You have to drink a lot of water and do some excersize to sweat it that kind of stink.

Not even fat stink either, just food that's still in you. It could have been a sandwich that had onions on it you ate weeks ago, if you haven't worked it out of your system yet.

>Thoroughly wash in shower
>But the shower can't take longer than 15 minutes
>You also have to be awake enough not to miss washing anything
>Also up early enough for work or school
>People who shower every day suck at school
>People who are good at school don't have lives or play any games
>People who play games and have lives are usually very dirty
>You literally have to pick which other two groups you want to pick on you the rest of your life

I wasn't talking about someone that actually stinks, in his case it's all in his head.

What you described is a different circumstance.

organize your life

I hate pugs because the girl I have a crush on likes her shitty dog more than me.

Cucked by a dog.. Sad!

When my life is organized, i am showing about once every three days. But i have to keep that a secret, or else i get lectured about showering daily. Then i attempt to shower daily, and become disorganized again.

I do not smell. No one tells me i smell. When they used to in highschool, i was showering as much as i have always showered.

Any conversation i have with "normal people" about these things ends in vague, single line answers like you have provided. "Organize your life." "Figure yourself out" "set up your own goals" same things from everyone. No one ever tells me what they mean

While people are suffering without clean drinking water, first worlders continue to shower every day. This world is seriously fucked up.

It's God's fault

The ignorants that shower every day would probably defend themselves by saying things like "my ancestors fought for that water, which your ancestors were either to stupid, lazy, or weak to fight for, so i disserve it!"

I spent a week in American schools and all i learned in there was God made me special and that's why I'm white.

dude, really. just please, shower. you stink. i smell you every day.

do you shit everyday?

if you don't shower, you have shit stuck to your ass unless you wash with soap and water, but at that point you might as well just take a shower.

what about your dick? your dick is dirty too. you need to shower dude.

Irrelevant questions, but please, PLEASE, start using a bidet.

t.italian guy

see

Fucking kek

What they mean is that you are complete garbage if showering every morning hinders your ability to handle the day's tasks. Either sort yourself out and get on par with the average citizen or kill yourself for being such disgusting trash. Protip: most people won't tell you that you smell like shit because it's impolite, they'll just avoid you as much as they can.

see

see tumblr.com

I shower everyday with slightly cold water and mild soap. I wash my hair with water, and only use soap on it every 3-4 days.
I also try to keep showers as short as possible to save water.

If you go a single day without showering, you'll get back acne.

Sweat doesn't smell, you dummy.

There have been studies on this, if memory serves, for the average human you need to shower/shampoo about every 1.5 days, though this varies by individual

>How many times a week should we shower?

For social acceptance, at least once per day.
For physical health, twice per week.

>Also, how many times should we shampoo?

For social acceptance, at least once per day
For physical health, twice per week. Or whatever makes your hair look its best. Some people don't need to specifically use shampoo as long as it's cleaned with something for hygienic purposes. Sweat and excess grease are disgusting despite what the no-poo fashion memers say.

Wash the problem areas where sweat will fester every day, though (armpits, buttcrack/hole, inner thigh area). If you don't you'll probably end up getting itchy, stinky, sweaty rashes.

you should shower before you need to

I somehow lost my sense of smell, I can't tell if there's poo in the loo unless someone tells me.

this is me every waking minute, especially after i use the toilet.

>1346+ 670
>Not showering every fucking day
Seriously man you may get use to your own filth but spare us this degeneracy

Not showering at list 6 time a week is a sign of social autism

The research behind hygiene science shows that showering every day causes more harm than good med-health.net/How-Often-Should-You-Shower.html. Anyone who's telling you what you should do based on societal norms rather than scientific research should either get off this board or kill themselves as soon as possible.