Why is so little money put into researching ageing and developing interventions to slow down and ultimately reverse the...

Why is so little money put into researching ageing and developing interventions to slow down and ultimately reverse the damage accumulated by the body over time?

We spend trillions globally on treating the diseases of ageing, but very little on trying to understand the biological processes involved.

How can we convince people to devote a larger proportion of their charitable giving to medical research institutes which focus on biological ageing - and how can we convince governments to allocate a larger proportion of their research budgets (or, indeed, to significantly grow their research budgets) to ageing?

Other urls found in this thread:

sage.buckinstitute.org/who-funds-basic-research-in-aging-in-the-us/
truthorfiction.com/99-year-old-david-rockefeller-undergoes-sixth-heart-transplant/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

memento mori.

the answer is you're wrong

>memento mori.
if the nineth lion ate the sun

In what way?

tons of research is done on trying to understand different processes connected to aging, huge advances are being made constantly on DNA and what junk DNA actually does
the problem is it's hard to come to terms with something practical out of it like medicine

Because having useless old people live longer just because young people fear death is retarded on so many levels that only con men get involved in anti-aging "research".

>so little money put into researching
bcoz the corporate directors (who control all
the money) have no need of researching

But is the field receiving funding proportional to the scale of the problem?

It seems to receive very little funding relative to the massive amount of suffering and death it causes.

These numbers from the US look particularly derisory sage.buckinstitute.org/who-funds-basic-research-in-aging-in-the-us/

basic research numbers will ALWAYS be tremendously lower than applied research. again, if you can't get something practical and marketable out of it, don't expect huge investments, no matter what you think the "scale" of the problem is

This is old information. The NIA just received a $350M bolus for Alzheimer's research in addition to the general increase in funding the NIH received. Also, funds that aren't specifically earmarked for aging research have translational aspects.

So should I just do it myself then?

stop acting like no one's doing it. the numbers for funding in basic science are low but there's enough people working on it.

if you want to go do basic research though, by all means. that's great.

you can safely assume that same practices of the advanced technology of 50 to 100 years ahead hidden by private corporations and above military overlook is also done by pharmaceuticals.

David Rockefeller is reaching 100 years old and has had a few heart surgeries and is still sharp as a tack. There are people reaching their 70s and developing memory problems. like wise there is an astounding rate of fatty liver disease and diabetes than ever before as well as rising statistics in Alzheimer disease.

Take a look at the choices of people we have for election year today and the corruption that goes on with the higher ups barely getting a wrist slap while non violent offenders are shanked in prisons over ramen soup and drugs run rampant. You don't think that the areas of the most important academics and research are not touched as well?

have you forgotten that man, a beast, is a lair?

David Rockefeller looks like hell.

You seriously want me to believe that this guy has access to advanced anti-ageing technology / pharmaceuticals?

hes in the spot light every time he invests in start ups because stock brokers follow his move as well as the press. It would raise some serious questions if suddenly he came out looking better and better or if his skin because tight and youthful looking.
I'm sure that once he does decide to do something about his appearance, it would be in the news on CNN with the title of "expensive skin therapy now available to the biggest buyers".

If you really had access to such technology, why wouldn't you fake your death in a 'tragic plane crash' or some other type of accident that would explain the absence of a body, and then enjoy your good health in secret?

Come on, son.

He's fucking 101 and had six heart transplantations, the last one at 99. Though I believe he's just very lucky+has access to best modern care, no secret anti aging pill involved.

No he hasn't. Those reports originated from an openly satirical website. truthorfiction.com/99-year-old-david-rockefeller-undergoes-sixth-heart-transplant/

I see. Nothing unusual here then.

We are. Stem cell research is closest thing.

Work ages you, rubbing things together makes them shave each other's edges off, your whole body's doing that to itself, everything's doing that to everything.

Methods to get into the tissues being rubbed and reconstruct then are all were currently doing. Only to option would to be preserving people in constant comfort while still giving them enough physical activity to absorb nutrients, move toxins around, and progress growth. Typing that just made me wonder if the movement required to metabolize toxins is enough to cause fatigue over time. We're never going to have perpetual motion machines.

Because there is more money to be made in reactionary medicine than there is in proactive.