Could you theoretically redshift a gamma ray into a radio wave?

Yes

Not just theoretically.

>physics

you've got a problem with physics faggot?

>gamma ray into a radio wave

one of the weaknesses of giving waves different names is that it makes you forget that all photons are identical they just have different frequencies/energies.

ya

t. Engineer

actually biochemistry
anything past baby's first QM and some SM is useless mental masturbation

Looks like your brain can't deal with real science. Be a good goy and keep memorizing shit.

>implying I didn't memorize my way to a physics degree with all As

you'd have to be going at .999999999999999c

>inapplicable guesswork backed by ""experiments"" with shaky premises and somewhat agreeing data is science
ok

So if this is true, then we can make a gamma ray laser by taking a regular red laser pointer and speeding it up to very fast

What if you just shrunk the space the laser was traveling through?

Yes. You and/or the emitting source have to be traveling away from one another fast enough.

Yes, this is how cosmic microwave background radiation cams into being according to inflation theory.

In a cooling universe particles move slower, however photons still move at the speed of light but their energy still reduced. Engergy loss is expressed as the photon's frequency changed from high frequency gamma to low frequency radio waves as we find now.

how did u make empty post woah

Have fun with your useless degree when you're relegated to getting a job as an accountant loser.

Your subject would not exist if it wasn't for the work of physicists. Your lab is full of equipment developed by physicists

I literally don't care. I'm not saying that physics is useless in anyway, but nowadays there really isn't much of a use for a degree in it.

>inb4 biochemistry is useless

Yea you are probably right. We found the higgs and now we found that we might not be able to discover anything other particles. At least you have cloning and other dna stuff

> yfw turnipmen start getting physics degrees
> the only job left for you will be at Arby's

That's why they should always be referred to as frequency bands, not "rays" or "waves".

>not wanting to know more about how the universe works

But why?

what if the aliens we're transmitting their signals on some wavelength we can't detect yet