Veeky Forums wikia textbooks torrent

A few months ago an user posted his book collection taken from the Veeky Forums wikia, and gave us the mega link. Since then, the mega link has been taken down. I've reuploaded it to torrent for others to peruse.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pólya_enumeration_theorem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnside's_lemma
mega.nz/#F!aMsCVRhL
mega.nz/#F!aMsCVRhL!3H6Z7RficlYMqNVn6e6gBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are these good quality files?

> Not using school's library.
> Destroy eyes.
> Just Veeky Forums things.

You're science majors not ebook-collecting majors. Don't pretend you're gonna read it in your room. Go to the library, open the book, do the exercises.

Thanks senpai

BUMP

These better have hyperlinked table of contents

This might save me $400 in textbooks

From what I've read from it, yes.
It's not hard to read textbooks on a computer. If you're reading this right now, you can comprehend English text on a computer. That alone is good enough. You will have to train yourselves to use bookmark functions, highlight etc. Evernote/OneNote is good for this if the textbook isn't OCRed.

whats in 'interesting books'?

Before I answer your question I must clarify that the picture in OP is from the guy who originally uploaded it on mega. In the Electrical Engineering folder I couldn't find the Interesting Books folder, but in the Computer Science folder I did find pic related.

thanks!

What is this "mega" site?

Many of them do

I'm happy 4u, you should use libgen.io and other book stealing sites as well to maximize money savings. Textbooks are a fucking scam.

f.lux my man, no eye destruction. Ebooks are perfectly readable on a computer with a good reader like Foxit

Original uploader (not OP) uploaded it to mega.nz/

>>Destroy eyes.
You're on Veeky Forums, so please don't post momscience.

Very nice torrent and very nice speed.
Will seed, thanks.

bump

OP here, added the magnet link to the Veeky Forums wikia.

thanks so much

> Destroy eyes.
Post proof or

Complete beginner at torrenting here. Do we need seeds in order to download? I see that nothing is downloading at my side, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong either.
-downloaded bittorrent
-pasted magnet link
-nothing moves

Apologizing in advance if I sound like a buzzkill here

Oh now it's working. Thanks anons, whoever it is that helped me out here!

Added to my raspberry pi seedbox. Will share the love.

Thanks senpai.

Oh man. WHERE DO I START READING?!?
There is so much to absorb!

So... After scanning the file there appears to be a malware/trojan in the form of embedded code in the textook: "Practical Malware Analysis: The Hands-On Guide to Dissecting Malicious Software."

Should I be worried OP?

Probably example code
Read it in a sandbox if you're so worried

aha thanks!

Still seeding at around 330-400 kilobytes/sec boys

Both of you are trolls or retards.

bump so thread doesn't die

>chem folder contains books on group theory
>feelsgoodman.png
bump for the good stuff

>Some files missing in the compressed files
anyone else getting this error?

Some of the files names are too long, so I would suggest making another partition for Books, like I did in pic related. That alleviated any extraction errors I had.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pólya_enumeration_theorem
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnside's_lemma

Can anybody confirm if this has the following books?

> The Mental Calculator's Handbook by Fountain and Koningsveld
> A Primer of Abstract Mathematics by Ash

If someone shows me how to upload it (to a complete computer retard), I'll upload my bourbaki collection

Compress the folder to 7Z, RAR or ZIP, and upload it to mega.nz/
It doesn't unfortunately. The user who originally uploaded this stated that he got all of this from the Internet.

>torrent
>archives
S T O P
T
O
P

Had to user. The computer I was uploading it from wasn't my own so I couldn't create a partition to seed from (as I stated above the file names/directories are too long for Windows to handle)

Any seeds?

Transmission doesn't recognize the link.

Yeah
It should be able to, have you tried googling your error?

I can't thank you enough for this, user.

yw senpai

I'm not understanding, what is the problem?

I'm a retard then, care to explain why?

Doesn't that break Wikia's ToS?

forgot to zip it but

------------Bourbaki-------------
mega.nz/#F!aMsCVRhL

forgot the key
mega.nz/#F!aMsCVRhL!3H6Z7RficlYMqNVn6e6gBg

I live off campus

Thank you

Removed it, since it violates the Users Conduct.
It doesn't allow the peer to view what's inside the archives, though in this specific case I can't see why that would matter when a full list is available on the wikia.
Thanks for this.

>Veeky Forums wikia
Speaking of, I think the chem page needs a beefed-up orgo coverage.
At a minimum, March and Carey/Sundberg parts A and B added to the grad section, which we could organize topically.
Maybe the "orgo supplements" section split, its elementary material made an orgo subcategory and its more advanced material (Anslyn, I believe, qualifies) put by March.
I'm a fan of Bachrach for computational chemistry. Couldn't hurt to make a note Szabo/Ostlund is a pretty good theory companion to the more applied texts.
Would like to see some anons rec some drug design and process chemistry texts.

put the torrent on my seedbox, happy reading Veeky Forums friends

Add it to the wikia senpai :) it'd help out everyone
thanks friend

it takes a few moments before you fully connected to a tracker.

you can seed if you want. general rule is: if no one seeds the torrent is dead, so it is up to you and other users to keep the torrent alive.

right now there are a bunch of servers connected to the torrent, which is always a good thing because: 24/7 uptime, insane speeds, keeps the torrent from dying

also thanks for the speed
>pic related

This is what you get for being a windows cuck in 2016
>260 character limit on fully qualified filenames (that is, path+flename) coded into the file explorer
>the actual limit of filenames in NTFS would be around 2^16

>implying its their fault that the author of that pdf is a fucking retard

this

>I can't see why that would matter when a full list is available on the wikia.

I could pick out only the files I want if it wasn't compressed

>this
what else other than torrents should u use to archive things

>you're a fucking retard for using long filenames
Or maybe he used linux when naming the file. and forgot about how limited windows is.

>Or maybe he used linux when naming the file
typical linux fags. cant even into file names

He meant that the pdfs shouldn't be inside zip files.

no he didnt

you're fucking retarded, zip, rar, 7z and other similar files are often referred to as archives. You should seriously consider killing yourself you fucking retarded underageb& piece of shit.

ok you are right but youre still a faggot for calling other people names

Can't believe I forgot about this. Yeah you're right. Though downloading 15GB these days is trivial, even for people like me on a 4MBit connection.

>downloading 15GB these days is trivial
and has been left as an exercise to the reader

Since we can't add the magnet link to the wikia itself, could we add it to Google Sites site in the sticky?

You can make it 13GB if you use djvu files

you could add it until the admins took it down.
the page on websites to get books has been up there since soon after the the wiki was created

Good point, the wikia site overall doesn't look to be that moderated. Of course, can't say for the Veeky Forums wikia itself..

I don't suppose you could all be good sports and start seeding, as I only just started the download a few minutes ago. Thank you for your assistance.

Is it not being seeded atm? I assumed there were seedboxes connected to it so I stopped seeding, I was spending too much bandwidth.

Thanks I am nabbing them now

My uni's library is shit with basically nothing else than probability and ANALysis, so my algebraic studies have been built upon books I've downloaded. All it takes is self discipline, a property too many lack.

I'm perma-seeding it.