Is there any literary and news magazine more relevant than The New Yorker?

Is there any literary and news magazine more relevant than The New Yorker?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/stuff-by-joy-williams
everywritersresource.com/topliterarymagazines.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i like the cover where obama is sitting at his desk in the white house and there's a gigantic elephant on his couch

You could check out the paris review.

NYRB and LRB probably

What does everyone think of their latest fiction piece?

newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/stuff-by-joy-williams

New Yorker is middlebrow at best

The New Yorker isn't relevant to literature.

It's about resurrection. In between death and resurrection, there's "stuff."

Thiiiiiings.

Nah, at least upper-middlebrow, or perhaps even lower-upperbrow.

PELBS BTFO

>new yorker
>relevant

Their summer fiction issues can be dank, the occassional poem will pop up, and a few articles stand out (the one on Oliver Sacks's death, the one on school shootings, and the one on Ralph Steadman come to mind); but TNY is apart of the god damn problem.

Took me awhile to figure out that lit mags, just like any other mag, are trying to sell you something. And then I saw my eighth-rate CW teacher between the covers of Tin House and gave up.

Liberal rag that publishes hacks who can't think, can't write.

Stop demonstrating the opposite.

everywritersresource.com/topliterarymagazines.html

>Just discovered capitalism.

I remember I was still single digits in age when I discovered sales tax. Sad!

>lower-upperbrow
top kek

>writing like a Donald Trump tweet
You can do better

You can't.

Not bad. My mom's been getting it since before I was born, so I grew up looking at the little comics. Nowadays when I'm home I'll give some articles a look. Original stuff is their best trait, hate their reviews for books and movies (sorry, I mean their one movie """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""reviewer""""""""""""""""""""""")

It's all over for me, you've found me out.

New York is the worst goddamn city on the planet.

>t. never been to the midwest

I grew up there. Still recovering, but gone.

I thought it was pretty damn good. Some of the best and most well-moderated surrealism I have read in quite a while.

White Bourgeoisie Liberals ( ie the NYrkers demo) are the Worst. By this point, they're just pop culture/celeb obsessed normies + maxed out sense of inane self-importance. These are the people who pat themselves on the back for watching 'critically acclaimed TV' and seem to think the latest 'Beyoncé'-branded AV content release is revolutionary high art.

Interviews are good, but it's literal CIA psyop tho

The Atlantic desu

[slowly claps] sounds like you've got us all figured out.

they are also literal communists

While the method of delivery might be somewhat ineloquent, what he said is essentially correct. When the low culture takes on the status and trappings of high culture, the culture in general cannot survive.

>While the method of delivery might be somewhat ineloquent

And the way you said this makes you come off like a pseud 14 year old with a tumblr page.

More like Neolibs whose politics are limited to 'checking their privilege' and riding Obama's dick

>the new yorker
>literary magazine

the new yorker literature podcasts are good

There's something I don't quite like about the New Yorker. It's like it tries to be so aggressively cosmopolitan that it's provincial.

That's the only way New Yorkers can live with themselves, staying convinced that the hip and trendy aspects of living in that city are worth the stupid costs.

>tfw everyone you interact with on a daily basis is exactly like this

shit sucks. I'd rather have a conversation with Huey Newton or literally Stalin.

Thanks, guys.

I needed some jelly with my toast.

>LIBRULS GET OUT THIS IS MY SAFE SPACE.

go cry

>literal communists

At least pretend you know what communists are senpai or even have a clue about it.

1/1. Neolib is the new law of the land these days.

What do you mean?

I'd assume most magazines. The New Yorker is as irrelevant and burgeoisie as you can get.
I mean turn on the news. You'd have a more in depth understanding of the modern condition by browsing conspiracy websites and obscure chatrooms than you would be reading their opinion pieces.

Anyone who wants to be relevant in this century should give up commercial publications and just start lurking /new/ or something.

It was infiltrated by the CIA during the cold war, I think they even mentioned it in an article a while back. You can look it up.

Explains a lot to be honest. Its a good publication, but there isn't an ounce of revolutionary potential in it.

Agreed, their Roberto Calasso interview was golden.

the new yorker fucking sucks

no, no, they aren't. fuck they'd be more interesting if they were.

Sounds like a Jerry and George conversation.
You guys can do worse.