Post words that you find aesthetically or otherwise unappealing

Post words that you find aesthetically or otherwise unappealing.
Personally I find "was" to be a shitty word.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zRgs3yp9bbg?t=139
youtube.com/watch?v=GBnM6pdwZGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cunny

Ficciones

Cleft

and most japanese words, disgusting language

Was there a shittier OP on Veeky Forums that day?

I think not.

>cunny
what do you think of cummies?
What's the problem here, sir?

Cummies is a bit gross as well, yeah.

I can't really get behind it, I think there are much worse synonyms, like minge and cunt.
I also think cleft is a pretty strong word, pretty natural past tense of cleave.

Minge lingers on the edge of being ratty

Cunt depends on the accent, a man from Lancashire saying Cunt makes it sound very violent, though an Australian makes it sound like the onomatopoeia for a duck, which sounds quite pleasing.

I suppose cunt has its uses, but I definitely think minge is worse than cunny.
Cunny is even cute

Cunnyticle could be cute

That's a dying technique, I've had actual English Professor mark my work telling me to drop the [s] from those possessives. I was quite shocked but I've just learned to deal with it.

That's not the point. Are there words that bother you even when used correctly?

olfactory is objectively* the worst word in the world

*from my subjective vantage point

I am a bit of a stickler for accuracy, but in a nice "respect for the language" kind of way. I consider myself a disciple of Orwell and Wodehouse in that sense.

Aside from the obvious mixing up of "their", "there" and "they're" (which is still quite common) the errors that trigger me the most are those where the writer not only thinks they're correct, but they've gone out of their way to use a "complex" grammatical construction that they simply don't understand. The best example is improper use of "whom", when "who" is either correct or at least will pass under the radar (NB: it doesn't trigger me at all when people use "who" in the object position by the way; though I do notice it and it lowers my opinion of the writer a little).

Probably the most triggering, however, is when the writer (usually a woman, but increasingly men as the standards at university continue to fall) drops the "s" from the ['s] in the possessive form when it's attached to a singular noun or a proper noun (e.g. a name) itself ending in "s".

E.g.

"Bruce Willis' cat is sick" rather than the correct "Bruce Willis's cat is sick"

or

"Dental floss' cancer causing properties revealed" rather than the correct "Dental floss's..."

This error actually triggers me so much, once I spot it, I can't even continue reading the writer most of the time.

youtu.be/zRgs3yp9bbg?t=139

Your professor is wrong, but he's not alone. He's simply misunderstood the rule about applying the possessive to collective nouns.

For example "The Kardashinans' vaginas are all salty" is perfectly fine, however "Bruce Willis' vagina is salty" is not.

He's overextending the rule out of a simple misunderstanding.
Sorry, I'm autistic and noticed I had a typo and reposted that comment.

It's now at

spook

ideology

>most japanese words, disgusting language
Why?

I'd like to know too

I don't know about regular spoken Japanese, but Japanese sounds pretty pleasant when sang imho

It's pretty disgusting when you read something written by a weeaboo (or speak to one) and they use Japanese words instead of perfectly serviceable English words.

Big offenders here are "Sakura" (cherry blossom) "Neko" (cat) and "Baka" (generic reprimand: fool; idiot)

sure, but the words aren't ugly by themselves. This isn't about misused words, this is about words you find fundamentally ugly, perhaps because of structure, or maybe because it has an unappealing etymology.

>Sakura
I agree using words like baka or neko is stupid but Sakura actually sounds more pleasing than cherry blossom tbqh.

fukfehtar

>Please follow the rules of my thread
No

cute, CUTE
trips, TRIPS

Too sharp, cut off, reserved. Chinese is the opposite in an equally disgusting way. Korean sounds okay they because it sounds like the two langauges coming together to cancel each other out.

moist

mmmmoist

Our opinions are completely opposite, to me Korean is ugly because it has like no phonotactic structure at all, while Japanese has a strict, simple CV structure and the syllable rules of Mandarin are like a piece of clockwork designed for max efficiency.

Anyway, how does this make you feel? It's a language that is related to Japanese but is completely alien to it phonologically.
youtube.com/watch?v=GBnM6pdwZGQ

As an American I cannot stand the word important. There is no good way to say it.

Smol
Boipussy