What are your triggers, Veeky Forums?

What are your triggers, Veeky Forums?

>"Something something the human race"
>human race

We're a species dammit. Homo-fucking-sapien is a species of the genus Homo.

Triggers my autism somethin' fierce when people say human race.

Planned obsolescence.
Patents.
Copyright.
Non-disclosure agreements.

All of the above should be illegal.

>people thinking there is really more to be discovered by science that will actually affect humanity
>people thinking humans will ever be able to colonize another world/moon
>people thinking humans will ever be able to leave the solar system with anything more than assured death awaiting them
>needing to pay for peer reviewed science papers
>NDAs

>Planned obsolescence

This too, fucking A.

>Patents.
>Copyright.

those things aren't stuff that you make illegal, those are things you need to make legal in the first place.

It's a liberal wordgame to refer all humans as a "race"

I get triggered by all these fucking liberal wordgame shit, like when non-whites are called "minorities".

>>people thinking there is really more to be discovered by science that will actually affect humanity
Max planck was told by his teacher that physics was mostly complete. You can't predict what people are going to understand

>evolution is just a theory

But it is

>evolution is a complete theory of life
Kek! every time

>evolution is a foolproof explanation
>science is a belief system

just as bad imo desu senpai

>Evolution isn't on constant revision and academic skepticism
You seem ti bit know what scientists do.

>science can't investigate unobservables therefore we can't rule out X
if something is even in principle truly unobservable then there is no reason to believe it exists.

Mindlessly chase funding and purposely lie and skew experiments in order to get more funding.

You sound fucking naïve

Especially when they say things like
>races don't exist, we're one single HUMAN RACE

> le ebin schroedingers cate maymay
> alibe and ded at sema time yes

Fucking big bang theory popsci cancer

I fucking hate science.

Crossboarding brainlet here.
Wasn't Schroedinger's cat an argument to basically say that it wouldn't make sense if it was both alive and dead at the same time in the first place?

People who are unable to emotionally distance themselves from a discussion or ever admit they're wrong. Humans aren't perfect and everyone makes mistakes, no one is an exception to this rule.

Schroedingers cat was about superposition state of quanta, or particles, i guess.
But it's unnecessary because this concept is actually much easier to grasp when explained with things like photons in a double slit experiment, you know, where it actually happens

For real, man. I once had someone argue with me for a good 20 minutes insisting that race doesn't exist and that "human" isn't a species.

He even quoted Bill fucking Nye as saying race doesn't exist.

If human isn't a species then what was according to him?

Bill Nye is such a meme. He has a BA in mechanical engineering and THAT'S IT. Everything else he says is his own speculation on the topic and not rooted in fact.

Why do people worship every smart-sounding memelord like Black Science Man and Bill Nye and preach their words like the gospel?

Regular scientists see the general public as mindless apes not worth making an attempt to educate. Being able to take scientific concepts and dumb them down so that the layman can understand it seems to be a gift so rare that those who are capable become gods of science in the eyes of those who don't know better.

Apes. Just apes. To him and people who think like him, we're a race of apes. For

What they think cro-magnons and neanderthals were I'll never know.

But that's silly, humans can't successfully breed with apes so there's absolutely no way we're the same species.

Exactly.

And, not to drag politics into it, but it's almost invariably leftists who do this.

I've never met a conservative who confuses genus with species.

I've seen conservatives claim races are actually species many times. I'm pretty sure that's where segregation and slavery come from.

>>evolution is a foolproof explanation
If you don't think it is, you don't understand it.

nice meme

It's our best explanation but you're a fool if you think anything scientific is foolproof. A simple discovery can prove any theory false, that's exactly why science is so resilient.

>clickbait

>someone "inventing" a new state of matter

>humans are special

>feelings are not computable

>haarp exists

>full automatization is considered a dystopy (robots take muh job)

>moores law

and this

Yes Schroedinger made the thought experiment to mock the copenhagen interpretation.

>Vaccines sufficiently harmful to justify failure to administer
>Alternative and complementary 'medicines', if they can even be called that
>'Science can't explain everything'
>'People used these cures and grasses and x for many many years in the past!'
>IARC Carcinogen list by the layman
>Misdefining genetic engineering
>"Monsanto" every third, OK second, time genetic engineering is mentioned
>Treatment of genetic engineering not as a process, but as an 'essence' or 'ingredient'
>'Organic' farming methods
>Inability to understand that nature isn't some loving family member, but something which doesn't care for one another and will kill us by the age of 30, if not 3 months.

And don't get me started on those anti-human organisations such as Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth, I don't even want to give them labels, they'll corrupt those labels anyway.

I'm honestly one of the biggest environmentalists / conservationists which I know, though these organisations which spout absolute bullshit and goals which will fail without culling 6 billion of the planets population, they are appalling, and depress me.

>Inability to understand that nature isn't some loving family member, but something which doesn't care for one another and will kill us by the age of 30, if not 3 months.
But you're dead wrong, without nature we wouldn't even exist. If you're talking about the competitive part of it you're also wrong. If you studied ecology you'd realize that most inter-species relationships are actually mutualistic and that true competition is quite rare. Life didn't evolve over billions of years just to try and put an end to itself.

Don't worry, I understand that completely, it's just an oversimplification, of course, I'd assume that most here would understand the basics without succumbing to recital of textbook information.
My main point which I tried to pass across is against the myth of some person being 'one with nature' in a more, well, I'd say religious sense.

In the end, just about all of the successful organism will be in it for themselves, with mutualism and appropriate symbiotic relationships at play if they work to the advantage of an organism.

This bothers me too. Every fucking time. Of course if I ever voiced my thoughts on it though everyone would just think I'm a big pretentious jackass.

I sort of get what you're saying, an organism doesn't really care about a mutualistic partner so long as it gets what it needs to survive from it. It just so happens the net benefit is largest when both sides of the relationship co-operate. It's essentially the best case scenario of the prisoner's dilemma.