Smaller than a planck length?

Can something move by, like, half a planck length?

yeah, ur dick when it gets a boner

Kek OP BTFO

Fpbp
Requesting proof that it isn't a samefag

OP here,

I am butthurt and am disappoint.

plz no bully

If it did, you could not measure it.

The Universe was smaller than Planck Length (we think) before T=Planck Time but we can't theoretically measure it.

There.
Is that a better answer?

>If it did, you could not measure it.

OK, I googled that one up prior, however, what if it then moves by another half of a planck length?
And another, and so on? Does iot then move?

Look. Planck Length is in itself theoretical. We do not have the means to measure it anyway. Further, any attempt to measure something that (or anything really) small is effected by the act of observation itself.
(see Heisenberg and the Uncertainty Principle)

how do i prove that

did you see the post count???

So, we don't know if everything is discretely separated into a grid with resolution of one Planck length?

When a CMB photon hits a black hole (which happens all the time), the hole's diameter grows by an amount that is about 40 orders of magnitude less than Planck length.

There is nothing special about Planck length or other Planck units. Planck mass, for example, is about 20 microgram - not too small or too big. They are just units.

The is no reason to imagine the Universe as a Planck Length grid.

We don't know, that scale is far too small to measure and any theories that imply anything of that sort are not currently testable.

Well, we "technically" don't know it, but are pretty sure that spacetime is continuous, not discrete.

So the argument that we live in a discrete Universe is BS?

Nobody knows how anything behaves at that sort of scale so claims like that are unsubstantiated.

Nah.
Reply to Op and the first post.
Post the double reply.
Screenshot the post (it should have a (You) next to OP, but not the other post.
Post screenshot.

Pic kind of related

>what is paint?

Start recording a particle with highspeed camera.
Play it 400 times slower.
Do you see the particle simply teleport one point to another ?
Nope
You don't.
You see it move one planck unit very slowly
So yeah, planck unit is not the smallest unit of anything.

I mean there is no real reason to think that the Planck length is the smallest anything but this is a really bad argument.

When was the last time anyone filmed a particle?

Yes
A photon travels that distance in a half planck time

Bit far for a measly samefag, but a good point.

Can you tell me how to get proof?

Estimating from number of replies/ posters

>A photon travels that distance in a half planck time
Can "half a Planck time" pass? I mean, it feels continuous, but what if it passes with a fixed time step of 1 planck time?

Yeah, what if indeed.

That's all it is though, a what if.

You want to film a subatomic particle with a camera? Man, I just came check out this board but I think I'd rather go read /x/. At least they don't pretend to know what they are talking about.

they make very small cameras today

Without that.
Say I come in late to a thread where people are multiposting.
I'm not arsed working out who was behind every post