What books will make me a sociopath

What books will make me a sociopath.

atlas shrugged

Read paradise lost and focus on Satan.

Read the marquis de sade and adopt the worldview without irony.

mon journal frankly

Top that off with some words of wisdom from A season in hell.

Anything by J.K. Rowling.

It's strange how appealing sociopathy is to a teenager. I remember that myself.

>Read the marquis de sade and adopt the worldview without irony
didn't he write WITH some kind of irony though?

The Prince by Machiavelli.

The spookbuster himself can convert you
Read Stirner

Satan is not a sociopath. He's a normal human

we learn about the brain by studying it in altered states

smoke 'em if you got 'em

Books that I can buy without being stupid.
I'll consider that.
6/8 bait.
Not OP but also a teenager, and can confirm.
That doesn't turn you sociopathic, it just appeals to psychopaths.
Stirner's a fucking idiot. At the very least read Nietzsche.

For real though, OP. If you want to become a sociopath, you need to decommission yourself from caring about things. Try reading some Stoic/Buddhist philosophy and practicing the ideas you find therein. Once you're done with the more basic "Getting emotions in check, accepting impermanence, ridding yourself of irrational desire" thing, get started on reading the great existentialists, Kierkegaard, Dostoyevsky, Nietzsche, Heidegger, Sartre, De Beauvoir. They should help you get a grasp on your place in the world, and your ability to function as an active individual agent within it. Once you've got all of that shit down, you're basically halfway there, and the rest is just slowly purging yourself of all ability to care about either yourself, or others, and then replacing that empathy, and drive with something more useful to you.

>uninterested in introspective insight

muh stem

I made the thread for fun, I'm just interested in how they think and handle situations, so thank you for the well thought out post.

>reccommending him to read Heidegger

You might as well suggest that he read Finnegans Wake while you're at it

Machiavelli, Hobbes, Bentham, Mill, Russell, etc.

Ya why is that anyway?

not a book, but try isolating yourself from nearly all meaningful human contact for at least four years.

>Stirner's a fucking idiot.
>Try reading some Stoic/Buddhist philosophy and practicing the ideas you find therein.
>get started on reading the great existentialists
>Nietzsche

Woah, being that retarded in one single post.

>focus on Satan

if you focus too hard you might notice how wrong and petty he is

Paradise Lost will only teach you good Christian morality if you read it attentively enough

If you let Satan's rhetoric wash over your without thinking too hard about it, if you let him appear majestic and brilliant and don't criticize his inconsistencies, his lies, his sophistries, and if you do all this while hoping that the book will teach you to be a vain asshole, then yes, maybe you Paradise Lost can make you into a fine example of a self-loving idiot—but you have to be more than halfway there to begin with

>he's a normal human

He's actually an angel, not a human

>0 results for The Bible, Quran, or Koran.
Wew Lad.

>stoic
>not nihilist/hedonist
Fucking retard

If you are really into reading then you're probably already a sociopath desu

>stop caring about the world
>recommends Heidegger
Fucking wikipedia scholar, and a bad one at that

Honestly, it's just because sociopathy is what society values. So a marginalized teenager sees it as a way to be loved and respected, but at the same time take revenge on those who've abused him.

Watching Evangelion was what finally brought me out of that phase, strangely enough. I think it's a healthy thing to experience, as long as you come out the other side before too long. Unfortunately for Veeky Forums, it's comprised mostly of people who are stuck in said phase.

I wish i could be 13 again

>people still think Satan is cool no matter how hard the Christian critics work to demonstrate what an asshat he is

I guess as long as people love Shelley they'll love Satan

so you could take The Bible and the Quran seriously?

Duh. Satan probably knows his rhetoric is bullshit. He doesn't care. That's what sociopaths do; they lie constantly and generally display no emotionally consistency in the things they say, and are probaby intellectually aware of how little sense they're making, but they don't have a coherent enough theory of mind to actually care. So reading satan and following his inconsistent rhetoric and learning to accept it despite it not making sense is excellent training to develop the fragmented theory of mind that is sociopathy.

What did John Milton say that Satan said that was inconsistent?

This might be either the worst post or the best bait I've seen on the board. Good job m8

what is a theory of mind and how does it relate to sociopathy

It's because society really likes to sell the narratives "you're getting fucked because you're too nice" in all major spheres of life, so if you're an unhappy young man who thinks that moral restraints are the source of your unhappiness, you start liking the idea of being more cold, calculating, exploiting other, and so on.

is that a real quote? i cant find any sources for it o n the internet.

Not him but any mature person does

The holy Quran redpills you to such an extent that you become ready to do what you consider is justice.

>Unironic altruists ITT

This. Just go on r/TheRedPill for evidence of this. Young male simps like the idea because it's an adolescent power fantasy. Not that people never seem to gloat about how they want to be sociopaths because they want to have impaired empathy or impulsivity - they mostly focus on the effects of those things, like being manipulative, because those are the parts that make them feel give them more power over their lives. And then they grow up and realize that having power over your life, to an adult, is more about acceptance and measured reaction, and that affected sociopathy is equivalent to saying that because you can't have it your way all the time, you're taking your ball and going home, emotionally.

none because sociopaths don't exist

The Dwarf by Par Lagerkvist has a protagonist that might be thought of as a sociopath, if that is a meaningful concept at all. Not that it would "turn" you into one, of course.