Reading habits

What are some reading habits you have, user? Do you write notes in your books? Do you write essay's on the book you're reading in your leisure for fun? Do you just read the book like any normal person would?

>Essay's

Go away

>someone made a typo on a Mongolian smoke signal board

>quietly read in favorite cafe in the city every day while drinking cappuccinos
>absolutely abuse my books with margin notes and annotations
>try and fail to ignore the now-archetypal qt girl reader who keeps looking at me and hasn't turned a page in ten minutes

I used to think reading would make me more attractive (which I think it did) and that I would enjoy that (which I don't). I spent so much time reading that I started to really love it while getting worse at dealing with people; now I just want to be left alone with my books, and get frustrated when I struggle to maintain focus with cute girls nearby.

>essay's

Ugh.

As for my habits, I keep a journal and will write notes, annotations, thoughts, etc, in it for each book I read.

I highlight things on my Kindle. Physical books I have are of a more technical nature and I take notes of that on notebooks

H E L P

I'll never understand why people brutalize their books. It's so much quicker, cleaner, easier and less destructive to dictate notes of any kind into your phone. People who write in their books are thoughtless creatures, or pretentious bourgeois hipsters whose notes likely do not deserve to be read or even written down in the first place

Literally kill yourselves

I shitpost about it on Veeky Forums of course

>Ugh

kys

i want to rape her so bad desu

>etc,
>,

Ugh.

What kind of notes do you write that deserve to be read or even written down in the first place? Feel free to share.

First part meant for

I listen to audiobooks at I finished Warren Piece in three weeks

I really rarely read

Not him, but often I think of a question while reading that I'm not sure will be addressed in the following page or two, so a quick x means y? Or why? Can be a nice way to remember which things caught my attention previously.

Also, if I'm interrupted, the notes can be a good way to remember what I was thinking about last time I read. It's different from highlighting, and different from making synopsis or notes in your phone (I also do the latter).

I rarely write in novels. For my non-fiction I write in the margins in pencil, if what I want to write is substantial/ the book is rare/ worth a lot, I write on thin paper and slip it into the book. For my textbooks, I just go for it with pen and highlighters.

i make note of things i'd like to rip off in the future

sometimes i jot down things i notice structurally

idk i am more focused on having a detailed, personal interpretation when reading

Once or twice a week I'll go out and read somewhere. Usually parks and places like that.

I write notes in my notebook if I feel the need to - with philosophy, I always do. I may write short "reviews", critiques or essays when I've read something particularly (or seemingly) important. I don't usually write on books, I only have some cheap copies of like Plato's work where I've underlined some parts and written small notes.

I'd gladly read in cafes and stuff but I'm sort of poor so I usually don't, cafes are expensive, it really sucks when you'd love to be part of the middle class cool intellectual crowd but just can't afford frequently going anywhere where you need to buy things.
When I go to parks to read, I may pack a small "picnic" for myself.

The latter, though almost exclusively outside. I work on the computer and I entertain myself using the computer, so it's too much of a distraction.
>notes
>essays
I don't imagine any thoughts I might have on the subject of what I'm reading to be worth writing down. I prefer to clarify them via conversation rather than scribbles.

When you write an essay on something seemingly important that you have read, how do you go about doing it? I know that's a vague question, so how do you put it together and structure it? Do you read first, make notes while reading? What is your thought process when you know you're going to write one? Do you share your essays with others?

Also, why do you want to be part of that crowd? It's just a hipster circlejerk.

i loled

>Do you write notes in your books
how do you write notes on books?
what should the notes consist of?

> (OP)
>>Do you write notes in your books
>how do you write notes on books?
>what should the notes consist of?

I personally don't write notes in my books, as I like to keep them nice; however, if it is an academic book, I may write notes regarding topics or theories that are important for me to know. I could write a note that explains a theory mentioned in the book in a more simple manner so as to better recall it when revising—even underlining things works.

In regular fiction and nonfiction books, I don't believe I have ever written on the pages, though I do take notes in a notebook if it's a book I like.

>qt girl reader who keeps looking at me

That's cute. You realize she's just sensing you staring at her and looking back to get you to stop, right?

I don't really keep notes on the books I'm reading. If it's for a paper or research I'll write the notes in a google doc but I like to keep my books clean.

As for location, don't like reading a public place. I get really distracted being in any sort of cafe or coffee shop.

>le everyone on lit is unattractive meme and/or projecting the suffering of your own unfortunate countenance

Literally kill yourself.

I don't generally share with others. There have been only a few exceptions.made during reading,

Usually the writing will begin from notes I made while reading, then I'll just make a short of flowchart or list of things.

After that, I'll just write something more "put together" in my larger notebook based on the earlier notes (I did not mention it earlier but I always have at least one big notebook where I'm only allowed to write proper, profound things in - in smaller ones, lists and single sentences are fine - the idea is to produce writings that are actually worth keeping around.)

As for the other question, I think I'm just a bit bitter about my financial situation. So it is more about that middle class part than that cool part.

Your grammar is awful.

Go ask her out user.

She will either be about you, and you now have a date with a qt, or she won't and you can stop wondering (or she will relocate out of awkwardness).

Either way the distraction is gone.

>drinking cappuccino after 11am
pleb detected

>Do you just read the book like any normal person would?

Ugh.

How is his grammar awful?