MemeDrive

ibtimes.co.uk/emdrive-nasa-eagleworks-paper-has-finally-passed-peer-review-says-scientist-know-1578716

yahoo.com/tech/paper-nasa-groundbreaking-emdrive-tech-212802200.html

I guess you were wrong Veeky Forums :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3764112/Is-mystery-impossible-fuel-free-EmDrive-thruster-solved-Claims-secretive-Nasa-lab-publish-paper-warp-drive-humans-Mars-10-weeks.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

theoretical """"physicists"""" on suicide watch

Nope.
Also terraforming is a fantasy. Fuck off.

Wew, theoretical physics is in a right state. The desperation for new ideas has led them to completely abandon reason.

>being so dogmatic you discount experimental results with no justification
>a scientist

Pick one, brainlet.

>I guess you were wrong Veeky Forums

>i didnt realise Veeky Forums was filled with meme-flinging idiots

>Veeky Forums BTFO once again

How do all of you fucks who argued with me feel now?

this thread needs screens of the old posts for higher humiliation quality

>nasa
>a reliable source
pick none

Still waiting for independent confirmation for any of their accomplishments to be demonstrated, beyond obvious photoshopping *compression artifacts*
And no, 'other government' space programs are not reliable.

BUT MUH SIMULATION STUDIES
MUH QM
MUH CONSERVATION OF MOMENTUM
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Have all physicists been outed as a low-IQ subhumans?

>IB times
>Yahoo news

Come back when your sources are not pleb tier tabloids.

>passed peer review

which says what exactly? if it is respectable, then they say "to the best of their knowledge, the authors have detected a thrust which is otherwise unexplained. the following possibilities have not been ruled out etc...

but lets face it, peer review isnt exactly infallible, is it? high impact journals regularly retract papers for obvious errors and even grossly obvious fraud, the likes of which should never have made it past the first round editors. but it does.

will add, they are allegedly building a larger model that could give a ton of thrust.

now thats fucking interesting and will put the nail in the coffin one way or another. if it works, there is no way other than the relativistic theory to explain it, and humanity fucking takes one giant leap into space exploration.

i hope it works, but obviously i have my serious doubts.

> fuel = mass
> mass = energy
> huurr duuur electric rockets are impossible
I don't get why everyone is bitching about it... it's just energy being converted into momentum.

>2016
>still thinks E = mc^2 means mass is converted into energy, for example in a nuclear bomb

i've got news for you, kid...

...but that's exactly what happens you dribbling spastic.

If you were to measure the mass of the reactant before and after a fission/fusion reaction you would find a significant difference.

>"mass and energy are interchangeable"
>durr everyone knows that
>"energy and momentum are interchangeable"
>hurr completely retarded crackpot
t. modern science

>>still thinks E = mc^2 means mass is converted into energy
Not him, but...
Did you even read what he wrote?
He's saying it's energy being converted into momentum (which is just another form of energy).
He IS ignoring the lack of a mechanism for this conversion, but YOU'RE the one insisting that all possible mechanisms must involve reaction mass.

Experiments mean nothing. This is not the victorian age where every basement dweller can be inventor.

Experiments mean everything. If it works, it will do. Even tho it seems highly unlikely that this thing truly works, it's worth a shot.
Credible scientists have been working their lives on theories which are more of a philosophy by now, unable to present any (currently) testable aspects. Chances are that all of them are wrong. Given enough time and dedication, any mathematical model can be clustered together to just match what we observe.
If this device works, there are countless new possibilities. If it doesn't, you end up with resent from people who are likely to have also wasted their lives saying 'told you so'.

Whats your affection of mass to gravity? You talking about mass but its weight to measure... Movamacity is a little bit different.,..

>Experiments mean nothing

This is the state of modern """science"""

This

We live in the age of the pseudo-intellectual who just spouts "muh newtons laws" and 'muh thermodynamics" because they saw some other cuck on reddit say the same thing - without actually understanding what they're saying.

We know the meme drive can't work it's impossible the results are flawed REEEEEEEE

ALL THE SCIENTISTS WHO HAVE OBSERVED THE EFFECTS ARE ON DRUGS!!!!!!!!!

well, it's pretty disturbing even if this effect has a 1% chance of being real, which it looks like it might after passing peer review

>Experiments mean nothing.

It's a fucking solar sail for all intents (the science)

No idea why people didn't think it'd work

The memedrive, if it has the thrust to power ratio it's claimed to have, produces more kinetic energy then the energy being put into it. That's why everyone says it's wrong. If it was real, you could simply get it up to a high speed, activate power generating brakes, and recoup more energy than you put in. If that happens then I will believe the memedrive is real. If it doesn't happen, then the memedrive doesn't work as advertised and is less efficient than current technology such as the photon rocket.

>It's a fucking solar sail for all intents (the science)
You have no idea what you're talking about.

>Publishes in an aerospace engineering journal
>Makes claims about HEP and basic foundations of field theory

I am highly doubtful of their peer-reviewers qualifications to actually comment on the paper.

I'll be convinced when the first probe is launched using this technology.

this research cucks your steady-state brain

Veeky Forums cannot recover from this.

>tfw you were right and all the autists are btfo after all

The scientists making the observations during the experiment were obviously experiencing a mass hallucination at the time. In writing their paper, they were simply delusional, refusing to admit that their results weren't real. The peer reviewers were taken in by this folie a deux, and the editor of the scientific journal who agreed to publish this madness was likewise temporarily insane. That's the only explanation. Any reader who takes this nonsense seriously is mentally ill and should be committed to psychiatric care. This is Fatima all over again.

Basically this or they were paid off, NASA want more funding so they can pretend their magic drive generates energy from nowhere

To disprove conservation laws, they need a substantially better signal to noise ratio. As it stands, the best they can argue is that it needs further investigation. But that is not what they have claimed in public circles. Instead, they have pushed their result as disproving the basic foundations of all of physics when their signal is barely above the noise threshold and they fail to account for a great many sources of noise.

>Attach giant meme drive to asteroid
>Fire it off in the direction of that new spooky radio signal from a nearby solar system
We need to start culling the competition at an early stage

They had that idea 80 years ago, well see the asteroid soon

posting in ebin thread

fug

God, sometimes I think noone here actually reads anything about these new discoveries.
Conservation of momentum is not necessarily violated, even if the memedrive works. Physicists athe the U of Helsinki have theroized (anc actually calculated, I believe, even if I am not familiar with the actual paper) that the memedrive emits photons with matching out of phase photons, such that their electrical and magentic fields cancel, which menas that momentum still is conserved.

sorry for the typos, currently on mobile

Someone call Bruce Willis

Nice try Newton, your days are numbered.

Pretty reasonable and satisfied. We asked for peer review and rigorous experiments, and now we're getting it. This is the first step toward any kind of coherent, rigorous review of the technology.

Not believing wild claims in the absence of proper review =/= unwillingness to ever believe the claims.

I look forward to seeing more test.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3764112/Is-mystery-impossible-fuel-free-EmDrive-thruster-solved-Claims-secretive-Nasa-lab-publish-paper-warp-drive-humans-Mars-10-weeks.html

Then it is just a photon rocket, which they assert it is not.

We /spacepioneers/ now.

>mfw SENS says human trials in 2021
>mfw meme drive is a thing
>mfw I might actually live out my fantasy of being Matthew McConaughey in Interstellar

Ok Veeky Forums. How long until the first interstellar voyage?

Will he commit soduku?

>Mfw some garage inventor proves that Veeky Forums is made up of edgy 14 year olds who just like to act smarter than everyone else

Fucking fantastic, god I hope you all die alone.

5 years and 2 months, we space memepire now

>Photon rocket

A flashlight

I think nasa could think of a more long term source of grants than something which is in fact a hoax could be debunked in a matter of months

Everyone else is as much competition as some spooky faggot from another star.

You have no idea what you are talking about. It produces more thrust than a flashlight should.

Also "AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power" is a shit journal. This is probably not the first time a reactionless drive has been published there.

The Chinese already disproved it. When the drive has its own batteries it doesn't produce any thrust. Will dig up the article on this later

>reshape your microwave
>turn it on
>mfw I watch as it flies away
What a time to be alive.

In relation to , does anyone have that pic someone made with the microwave in space?

holy fuck sens trials in 2021 got me hyped as fuck
if we can wait for the next 500 years im sure your wet dreams can come true

It has a higher claimed thrust to power ratio than a photon rocket. Also, that analysis itself is based on fringe physics with no experimental basis. It doesn't explain shit.

>The answer for space travel was on top of our kitchen shelves all along

>ctrl + F "unruh effect"
>0 matches
I am disappoint Veeky Forums

The unruh effect is the reason why this memedrive works. The effect makes it that the wavelenght of the microwaves is larger than the observable universe

Due to something called black body radiation the Drive is attempting to produce a wavelength larger than the universe, which isn't allowed. As a result, the universe is sort of doing a "rounding error calculation" and converting the wave length into something that's "allowed", aka momentum and that's why it goes.

If they are really doing that, they know more than they are letting on. There is no way they would put that kind of effort into this if they weren't sure it would scale up.

Let's be honest, if this were to be provably the case it wold also prove that our universe is not absolute reality.

>I dont know what black body radiation is

how does the wave know its length is larger than the universe?

what were to happen if you have a super conductor and a nuclear reactor or something?
would it move like spaceships in vidya

>if you have a super conductor and a nuclear reactor
you would have them but not much more, unless you decided to use them for something

Unruh Effect explains it.

You were close to it. It would actually mean that its a simulation.

>daily mail

Super conductor for perfect energy efficiency and a reactor as a power source you rangus dangus

Man no wonder physics is such a retarded field. It's all dogma and cart leading the horse. Observation trumps theory shitlords, deal with it.

Theories are observations.

Bump

Solar sail = apparatus that uses energy (some can use electric) to provide thrust

Meme drive = apparatus that uses electrical energy to provide thrust

everyone laugh at this brainlet

How does the EMdrive compare to nuclear propulsion?

Also, why a copper cone?

Spot the physicist.

>makes hypothesis that proves some machine cannot work
>machine works
>the hypothesis is right and the unniverse is wrong