DFW hate

Anyone else here loath David Foster Wallace and is glad he's dead?

Me. He's a hack leftist postmodernist scum

how could anyone hate infinite jest

I dont know him personally, and memeing aside, he has written some very good books. So why would I?

he voted reagan

get out of here with your buzzwords and back to /pol
no one likes people who attach politics to everything

Apparently he conspired to murder his ex-gf or something like that. Planned everythin out but then backed out at the last second. He is also narcissistic as shit.

Reagan is practically a leftist with his globalist scheming, Israel support and immigration policies, try reading more, scum

>Apparently he conspired to murder his ex-gf
Truly a piece of garbage. Rot in hell, Wallace.

>he voted reagan
Interesting. So DFW is partly to blame for the war on drugs. This just makes me hate him more.

Does anyone have a copy of his suicide note? I wanna fuck my boypucci to it

well...at least you're an honest crazy person

>the redpill
>crazy

Pick one

There is a very good reason he couldn't connect emotionally with his audience in Infinite Jest and it had everything to do with his Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

>muh globalism
>muh jews

quit blaming the "elitists" for the gradual lowering of everyone's IQ

it's like a SJW broken record with you alt-right fags now

yes

it really baffles me how people can post threads like these -- taking good, good time out of your life to post about dead people on a Chinese cartoon forum.

DFW was loved around here, then /b/-tier fucks and /pol/acks who are pissed off at life came because they needed a new identity to get behind when all other avenues failed

Veeky Forums is so shit now
summer sucks

You'll grow up some day.

Calling postmodernists, women, and nonwhite authors out is one way to combat cultural Marxism.

>17 posts
>6 posters

Everyone is just so sad these days that they express all their pent-up frustration through politics; a way to get back in touch with a primitive being within that feels comfort in a tribe of his own kind, in an effort to relieve some of the stress humans in the West feel over our extremely recent re-calibration over every aspect of our existence on this planet...

This is how you get idiots spewing shit like:
>It's cultural Marxism at work
>disarm the police
>I'm gender neutral
>What are your pronouns?
>SJWs ruin everything
>sexists ruin everything

You're all equally retarded

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your race

>Being proud if something completely out of your control
>he's literally proud of his DNA sequence

it's like you lack the self-awareness to be a real Veeky Forumsizen

you'll never write a book, and you'll be doomed to a life of menial cock-posturing around bars with the other Luddites

pretty spooky

The world is in flames and you're ignoring it because muh feels.

Get a grip and grow up already

Nationality and heritage, no, but race yes. Especially since, much like there's no such thing as the black race, there's no such thing as the white race

>Especially since, much like there's no such thing as the black race, there's no such thing as the white race

This is what the modern male has become. Thank you postmodernism and DFW.

Men are women now, blacks and whites are the same, and the sky is water

>blacks and whites are the same
literally not what I said
there are slavs, and britons, and irish, and germans, but no uniform single white race
there are ethiopians, igbo, xhosa etc but no one black race
i'm proud of my history, culture, and heritage, and i've literally never even read le sweaty bandana man

The world's always been in flames
The whole 20th century it was up in flames
The Cold War ended only 20 years ago
The States went right into Iraq shortly after

You grow up, and stop worrying about how awful the world is and weather it with the rest of us

something tells me this isnt your attempt at humor

The 1950s were pretty ideal. No degeneracy and there were traditional gender roles and masculinity and pride in being Amercan, and everyone knew their place

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>disagreeing with cultural Marxism is shitposting

You are totalitarian

>suez canal crisis
>segregation
>korean war
>iran coup
>hungarian (attempted) revolution
>decolonisation conflicts
mkultra also began around this time, the us gov was up to some dirty stuff
you're not being serious anyway

>replying to an epic troll
epic

If you're fishing and nothing bites would you keep fishing in that same spot?

>segregation

Oh no how horrible

Yes. It's only a matter of time before something bites and I don't want to move. Checkmate.

When one side of the community in a pretty large part of the country has worse facilities, services and opportunities because of it, yes it is. Are you accusing others of totalitarianism when you don't support all people having the same freedom to pursue what they want?

I was ring serious. Seeing how much they're thriving today, we sure missed a trick there

what do you mean by this?

This. Absolutely this. Fuck the alt-right, fuck the sjws, fuck the "redpill", fuck liberals, fuck conservatives, fuck the jews christians muslims queers straights whatever, just fuck all of it. They're all turds floating around in the same goddamn toilet bowl and someone needs to flush that shit down where it belongs.

those kind of pictures always make me sick

better than pynchon

And who shouldnt be "fucked"?

+1.

Why not just pity him? After reading Authority and American Usage I just feel bad for him.

How can we pity him when we are no better.

He made spotting pseuds easy, so I thank him for that.

Yes absolutely. DFW must be one of the most pretentious people ever to exist.

You make me sick

postmodernism is not a political ideology my tuberous friend

My dear friend, when you reach your early twenties, as I have, you come to realize that life is short. We're allotted limited hours here on this pale blue dot we call Earth, so we best not waste them. That's why when it comes to reading, I read the best and only the best. And the best is David Foster Wallace. I strenuously urge everyone on this board who's reading this to pick up Infinite Jest when you get the chance. Just remember: Wallace said, "Fiction's about what it is to be a fucking human being." He didn't say, "Fiction's about what it is to be a fucking Witch-king of Angmar."

>glad he's dead?
no, thats dumb. i didnt know the guy personally so why would i?

i can say im glad there isnt more of his stuff coming out. if there were, we'd probably be arguing whether he was still a good writer or not. i enjoy his thoughts, but he is a boring writer

*tips literal fedora*

iktf
/pol/yps adulterate every board with their itinerary of buzzwords and non sequiturs
heck, they even use literal Nazi propaganda when they call people cultural Marxists
I would bet that they haven't even touched a book from the Frankfurt school
additionally, we now get all these nescient reviews about literature where everything is either black or white, pleb or patrician, and so on and so on
it's easy to suspect that they would just look at a blurb or a premise before getting triggered and categorizing things along their political (read: autistic) spectrum and then look no further

How much of his work have you read?

I don't want to speculate too wildly, but it's possible that Infinite Jest is a book in translation. What I mean by that is that although Infinite Jest is ostensibly written in American English, it is also so potent a work of literature that I suspect Wallace may have composed it first in a language of pure thought, a metaphysical language—a language of precision in which there is no ambiguity, no approximation of ideas, just the ideas themselves—and then translated it into English so that we could enjoy it. That's just a theory at the moment, but I think future scholarship will bear it out. Is it a little Out There? No. We're talking about the smartest man who ever lived. In a post-Wallace world, we have to be careful not to cling the old paradigm of possibility. I know that sounds overblown. I don't want to get carried away. I just think we should all keep in mind that we should read Infinite Jest because it's a good book, that's all, and because the fate of the universe depends on it.

Glad to see an enlightened bunch who have transcended us mere apes

what subreddit should I follow for quality content like this?

I don't have psychological anxieties wrapped in how other people decide to use the English Laguage. That essay is really interesting because you can practically smell his nervousness coming up behind the words.

quit getting all your comebacks from that flashy goys FB page

It just shows how unoriginal all you alt-righters are
like you need your opinion validated before you can share it with anyone

no one. the human race deserves to die.

>>>/funnyjunk/
>>>/9gag/

Enjoy trying to sell that one user.

o srs

Good goy. There is no such thing as corruption, the political elite and no one has any anterior motives when running for office!

>Falling for the "only smart people vote liberal" Jew stigma.

Why come to Veeky Forums to discuss politics? There is a board for that I urge everyone to simply ignore posts that have to do with politics, whether it's bitching about Nazis or Marxists, it's dragging this board down.