Life

I know I'm not the first person to have this thought but it's one that I think about every night. It's a thought that I feel a good majority of humans don't have and it goes like this : Life is pretty strange. When you really get down to core of it, we're just these creatures stuck on a rock orbiting a star that's orbiting the center of our galaxy and so on. In a cosmic evolutionary sense, we are the universe experiencing itself. I don't know a lot of 19 year olds who know that the universe is indifferent to their existence and that life is arbitrary. There is no meaning to life and I'm okay with it. Knowing that, I'm gonna pursue my passion. Might as well right? Do any of you share similar thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace's_demon#Thermodynamic_irreversibility
vid.me/eKDT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, user since I was like 13

yes, we have no free will either, but feel free to pretend that you do, it's probably better that way

The way I see it is that whether we do or don't it doesn't matter. I subscribe to the notion that everything that ever was and will be is playing accordingly to the very moments of the universe. When it was set into motion. Me making toast or jerking off is just the universe playing itself out. Ha.

The sun is boiling the earth to a crisp and your just some of the bubbles being broiled while it all burns around you

Doesnt get more cynical than that

Metal as fuck

yup, meaninglessness and purposelessness are liberating. i genuinely feel bad for those who get yoked onto some imagined meaning or purpose in life. and i hate those who try to impose their imagined meaning and purpose upon me.

>Do any of you share similar thoughts?
Yes OP, we all smoke weed at some point in our lives.

>, we have no free will either, but feel free to pretend that you do,
Free will is a question of philosophy, theology and semantics.
There are no absolute answers in any of these areas. It's unfalsifiable.
So why do you pretend there's definitely no free will? Is it probably better that way?

>Me making toast or jerking off is just the universe playing itself out. Ha.
There will be only one future (assuming the multiverse hypothesis is wrong).
But that doesn't mean there's only one POSSIBLE future given the current state of the universe.
Go Google "Laplace's Demon". That shit doesn't work, even under classical mechanics.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace's_demon#Thermodynamic_irreversibility
> Laplace's demon met its end with early 19th century developments of the concepts of irreversibility, entropy, and the second law of thermodynamics.

>Metal as fuck
Indeed.

What's today? Election year is here and the big day is just around the corner.
Expect nasa to release information about new earths and possible alien life to get voters to consider about funding for the fiscal year and after.

You can say we have no free will but when we want to do something to prove that we have free will, such as raise an arm for no reason, why is that?

>19 years old
>I fucking love science

Science is the shit man. Cosmology and the barely graspable (to me) Quantum world are mind blowing subjects.

>Quantum
>mind blowing
Troll confirmed.

What do you find so 'fascinating' and 'esoteric' about the quantum world, user?
t. Brian Cox

Hm. I'm not done reading a book that covers about QM but quantum entanglement is a mind boggling concept. Even the most unlikely scenario is 'possible'. Granted, chances of it happening are stupidly small. Personally, the fact that everything in this universe including you and I can be reduced to these incomprehensibly small particles that make up who we are.

bump

welcome to nihilism. it's pretty cool and your not going to dye your nails and listen to NIN. you are just going to be a normal person, with animal drives and instinct that acts pretty much the same as anyone else.

Pretty much

If the universe was not subject to quantum mechanics as well as atomic mechanics, then we would have no free will. But since it is, we do.

>life is arbitrary
vid.me/eKDT

Also, this is not a Veeky Forums thread. You are not a scientist. You do not study science. You only pretend to be "fascinated" by subjects that you do not understand and are not willing to understand. If you actually properly learned these subjects, all of these mystical thoughts would go away. Here is where I tactfully tell you to fuck off and come back only when you've discovered that science isn't as "dude weed" cool as you thought it was. If you haven't managed to maintain an interest in science after going through that phase, then you can read up on philosophy and never come back.

this...

also, is that girl also a tranny?

what a vapid three minutes of video
"i'm special, my experiences are meaningful, and what i have to say is deep"
of course all the rules are arbitrary, it's a social fucking activity

cosmo died and left the world a vain, insipid person in his stead

>It's a thought that I feel a good majority of humans don't have
>Life is pretty strange
>we are the universe experiencing itself
>I don't know a lot of 19 year olds who know that the universe is indifferent to their existence and that life is arbitrary.

You can't be serious, OP.

>>It's a thought that I feel a good majority of humans don't have

This is broad assumption.. I see it now. I'm referring to the SJW crowd/ trump supporters type. It feels like a majority because of the amount of viral videos displaying how stupid people can be.
>>Life is pretty strange
It is... to me at least.
>>we are the universe experiencing itself
This is a fact. Go way back to when the universe was like a plasma soup containing the quarks that were soon going to become the atoms that fill the universe. Fast forward to the birth of our sun blah blah blah then the heavier elements that we're made of.
>>I don't know a lot of 19 year olds who know that the universe is indifferent to their existence and that life is arbitrary.
I don't know a lot of 19 year olds who share this mentality. I know a few.

>You can't be serious, OP.
Take my late night ramblings with a grain of salt. They're messy thoughts.

>then the heavier elements that we're made of

Then evolution and replication with imperfection, read more about the process desu.

>not knowing I'm paraphrasing