Reposting this question from /g/, they said you Veeky Forumsentists might be able to help me

Reposting this question from /g/, they said you Veeky Forumsentists might be able to help me.
What I thinking is that the technology might be a longer lasting /more powerful battery.

A lot of the inventions of the past were laughed at, now we can't do without some of them.

The guys on the tech board ironically don't want to talk about future technologies and their scientific applications... they just want private trackers, desktops, and dressing up as girls to program better.

Hey wood/g/screws, e/lit/ist here.

I was wondering with the current technology we have atm, how long do you guys think we will be able to harvest the power of the sun and store it as liquid fuel?

Would that be possible? Put out giant solar collectors, and have them condense light into liquid? Would we ever be able to condense light to liquid?

Is this wishful thinking like having a fully functional quantum computer?

Other urls found in this thread:

cam.ac.uk/research/news/liquid-light-switch-could-enable-more-powerful-electronics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do you condense light into liquid?

Woah bitch in lower right be seeking revenge for all dem other potatoes killed for her vodka

I meant left shit

>Would we ever be able to condense light to liquid?

>girl in lower left

I guess all that reading was pointless. How are you guys so elitist but think light can be "condensed" into?

> lit fags on suicide watch

>Light
>Into liquid

Now is this before, or after we turn our air into candy?

You can make hydrogen out of water and store that. We can already do that now and if feel cells weren't so expensive it would probably be the most common way solar panels would be used for power.

ermagerd if only

Reposting from other thread...

I'm looking at futuristic uses of the technology.

When oil was discovered they used to throw it away, the would never believe what we made possible with the help of crude.

Just asking what the future of solar energy would be. Maybe they will develop some liquid that stores light, and dispenses it when needed.

Instead of "burning" the liquid, we have some tech that leeches the light out of the base as needed?

>science board
>confusing left and right

I can't believe she's real. Holy shit that chin... that forehead

Her face is like a shelf I want to store my semen on.

isn't this just a thermal mass? light doesnt stay in visible wavelengths for very long, everything eventually becomes heat

Not related to energy storage, but: cam.ac.uk/research/news/liquid-light-switch-could-enable-more-powerful-electronics

Though keep in mind that meme names (like "liquid light") for interesting things shouldn't be understood literally:
>Polariton Bose-Einstein condensates are generated by trapping light between mirrors spaced only a few millionths of a metre apart, and letting it interact with thin slabs of semiconductor material, creating a half-light, half-matter mixture known as a polariton.

Also see the referenced article:
A. Dreismann et al. ‘A sub-femtojoule electrical spin-switch based on optically trapped polariton condensates.’ Nature Materials (2016).
DOI: 10.1038/nmat4722

That picture
'I YAM WHAT I YAM'

That face can't be real but if it is pulling her hair back isn't doing her any favours

>trapping light between mirrors spaced only a few millionths of a metre apart, and letting it interact with thin slabs of semiconductor material

Sounds like a large fiber optic cable with no visible light escaping.

Underrated post 10/10

Use it to grow organism that die and stay underground for a few million years. BAM liquid fuel.

shopped are you blind?