Are there any scientific theories that really (and i mean REALLY) make you think?

are there any scientific theories that really (and i mean REALLY) make you think?
>pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/dubitable-darwin-why-some-smart-nonreligious-people-doubt-the-theory-of-evolution/
ncse.com/library-resource/species-kinds-evolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

evolution. I'm an atheist but I still find it hard to wrap my head around it. One the surface it's obviously true but once you get into the details all of the random mutations required are mind boggling.

>evolution
>hard to wrap my head around it

wut

>still find it hard to wrap my head around it
atheists everyone

>Evolution
>True
It's against the 2nd law of thermodynamics
It can't be empirically tested or observed

blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/dubitable-darwin-why-some-smart-nonreligious-people-doubt-the-theory-of-evolution/

Evolution originally came from religious beliefs.

ncse.com/library-resource/species-kinds-evolution

wat, how?

>people still fall for this stale pasta

not everything is a pasta m9

As if you understand literally all of the biochemical processes. Shut the fuck up; that shit is unbelievably complex.

gr8 b8 mate made me reply

doesn't mean it's inconceivable

no...its realy not. get a bunch of small random changes and large changes happen. it's like haveing people in a line move forward or back based off of a coin flip multiple times and being surprised they're not all in the same place. Now add fire in a section and no one will end up there.

picture made me kek, just got my degrees in the top two. Shame IQ means jack shit.

pretty sure I've seen this exact sentence (or almost exact) before in a bait thread on Veeky Forums

Go ahead then a randomly change a fly into a hedgehog.

I honestly can't fathom why some people consider CS a science. Code monkey retards(with an average iq below 130 LOL) have no place on this board. I've been bugging the mods for a long time to ban CS threads and I think theyre finally coming round. CShits your days are numbered.

Anyone claiming to really grok what's going on is honestly deluding themselves. Attached is a chart of SOME biochemical pathways within the cell. Now imagine how large a similar chart or copendium of knowledge would be to reflect a COMPLETE understanding of DNA synthesis and transcription, exactly how protein expression leads to phenotypic features in the organism, and so forth. It's highly unlikely all of this information would be possible for a single human to absorb and accurately remember.

To be honest, humanity is just starting to scratch the surface of true understanding.

So everyone on this board must be either a chemical engineer, a materials engineer, a philosopher, a mathematician, or a physicist?

being low-iq is fine, being a CS major is not.

>Arts and humanities - other
I'm finding it hard to believe it's ranked so high

[eqn]obama[eqn]

fuck

[eqn]obama[/eqn]

Earth is not an open system. 2nd Law doesn't apply.
It can be empirically tested and observed, and has been on multiple occasions.

Pretty good b8 tho

my head hurts when i think about it. ;p

If you actually get into it (chemistry and all), genetics

>Earth is not an open system. 2nd Law doesn't apply.
none of this is true
plz go back to highschool

Thermodynamics argument is unbelievably stupid. Evolution only requires non-perfectly reproducing hereditary information to work. So either life cannot reproduce, cannot transfer their genetic code or cannot have mutations. Which one does Thermodynamics prevent? Or maybe it prevents some mutations but not others? How the hell would that happen?

astonishing b8

Do you know what a billion years is? can you wrap your mind around how big a time interval that is?

Yes. And no. No one can really comprehend how long of a time that really is honestly.

Are there any majors in the sciencies with below 100 average iq?

You understand the concept of evolution well, but user I think is trying to communicate that the exact details of evolution are mindblowing and mostly unknown.