Is it safe to drink water directly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TtIG4TuVnvg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Gp6QkUC54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Like, put your mouth on the faucet?

Hypothesis: It is safe to drink water directly
Experiment: Drink water directly

No the government puts mind control robots in the water that's why i only drink mountain dew from wendy's

>the scientific method
>on Veeky Forums
who the hell do you take us for, animals? get that empirical shit out of here

The only way to be sure you're drinking unadulterated water is to drink it directly from the ocean.

Ocean has too much salt, it's much better to combine two hydrogen atoms with one oxygen atom and ingest it.

This doesn't have enough salt. It's better to drink your own pee.

Directly

I'd rather drink water indirectly. Much better for you.

If you don't live in a third world country, sure.

No, it is incredibly dangerous to drink water that is in contact with larger bodies of water directly. Doing so has been linked with cases of extreme nausea and diarrhea, and fatally low amounts of blood iron content.
In order to protect you and your family, drink water in small increments which have been separated from a larger source, preferably via eye dropper, but a teaspoon will work as well. By following these simple instructions, you can prevent over 87% of near fatal symptoms associated with drinking water.

What's the prediction? There will be no effect other than feeling hydrated?

no you need to give you an enema with bird shit
youtube.com/watch?v=TtIG4TuVnvg

The water has the fluoride in it do not drinking them

user speaks fact

Fluoride burn holes in metal

You're fillings are no chance to compete

A chemist and a biologist are in the lab. The chemist calls over an RA. "I'd like a glass of H2O please", he says winking at the biologist. The chemist drinks it down in one and gets back to work. The biologist calls over the RA, "I'd like a glass of H2O too!". And nothing of value was lost.

Which country?

I swallowed some dilute peroxide once. It was nasty.

What better way...
What... better... way.....

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Gp6QkUC54

So happy my Pacific northwest mountain town has glacier fed tap water with no additives.

That's what you think

how do you drink it indirectly? are you a wizard?

Mix it with bleach first, Opie, otherwise the germs will eventually kill you.

What if you drink water indirectly?

Would that reverse entropy?

Water from the faucet is known to have dihydrogen monoxide so I wouldn't....

By boiling it, making your cat drink it, then drinking the cat's pee.

>What if you drink water indirectly?
You would have to eat a lot of fruits and soup while minimizing meats and salts.

One could argue that eating food containing water was indirect drinking, if one so chose

get someone else to drink it for you

kill yourself

No, that's for toilets. Drink brawndo instead, it's got electrolytes.

[Something about Dyson™ hoovers destabilising the universe with their Cinetic™ suction technology]

Tap water contains different components in every city or municipality. Each local region has its own way of acquiring and filtering water. Sometimes it comes from a lake or reservoir, sometimes a mountain stream, sometimes a well or aquifer. It really all depends, especially on what kind of industrial activities are conducted nearby. Most municipalities are required to post online water quality reports, just google it and you should be able to find annual data on your drinking water.

I live in a region where our water comes from an aquifer, a limestone aquifer can be incredibly pure for being relatively downstream from a mountain (where most fresh water originates), because the calcium helps naturally filter out bad stuff. Water treatment processes also occur before it reaches your faucet, so most water is generally safe. That is, unless you live in Flint, Michigan. The further you are from a water source the more likely pollution is added, such as chemicals or pathogens in the form of human waste, which is often disposed of or drains into natural waterways.

Straight up untreated water direct from the wild is likely to contain parasites such as Giardia or worse that will definitely make you sick. You can find portable water purifiers online, ask /out/ for help if you're interested in drinking stream water, but I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use.

That said, ultra-purified or deionized/Reverse-osmosis water can actually be bad for you long term, because normal water contains minerals that are necessary for a healthy diet. Hope this helps, I work in water treatment.

How does calcium filter out bad stuff?

>That said, ultra-purified or deionized/Reverse-osmosis water can actually be bad for you long term, because normal water contains minerals that are necessary for a healthy diet.

That's a bullshit lie spread by mineral water marketing.

Directly.