Indian here...

Indian here. At my uni we have a program that lets Indian students that have grown up abroad come here to do their undergraduate. According to the uni site they have to have a SAT score of 2000 minimum. However, a PhD student at my uni told me that they had so many applicants that had 2400/2400 on the SAT that they actually had to implement an extra stage (an interview) for admission.

I know people on here meme about the American education system, but is the SAT _that_ easy? If yes/no, why?

POO

Commit suicide

The SAT is pretty easy for many people, but not necessarily 2400 easy. The thing is that if you get a 2400 on the SAT, you may be the top 0.1% or 0.05% (or whatever it is), but when you consider the number of people that take the test, you will have a fairly sizable group that scored 2400. It's not that it's easy (though it is in comparison to something like the LSAT or MCAT), it's just that perfect scores happen and they happen every year. On top of this, the SAT is basically a glorified IQ test. Anyone with an IQ over whatever 2400 corresponds to will still score a 2400 on the test (in theory), so you could expect to see a slight bump in incidence at the 2400 level if looking at the bell curve.

SAT writing and math are highly trainable
SAT Critical Reading is harder to train for

If you're a brainlet and prep hard you'll do well on the first two, if you're smart and just do some shit drills you'll get an 800 on reading and okay on the other two, if you're smart and do extensive prep you'll easily get >2250.

I wish they left the analogies in critical reading when I took it. Not only did they make the test harder for most people (which means better curve, so better final score given the same raw score), but I'm much much better with vocabulary and analogies than I do with reading comprehension. I only got a 700 on critical reading, it was some bullshit.

I got an 800 on CR, and 750 math and like 620 writing. It's a totally bullshit test. The math level ii should be the math section and the writing should be made longer.

IN
also lmao
I see.
I forgot to mention that it's an engineering university (I'm not sure what foreigners call it, a polytechnic?) so it's Maths II+Physics+Chemistry.

I've always wondered why they never applied to a place like MIT (in India MIT is literally "holy shit" tier uni, if you get in, i.e. it's highly prestigious)

Oh those are easy as shit I got 800s on all three

(I was rejected from MIT btw so it won't necessarily get you in, especially if you're indian)

DESIGNATED

Is writing a separate part of the test then?

SAT:
Critical Reading
Writing
Math

Subject exams
Math levels 1 and 2
Chemistry, physics, bio, etc

In US SAT refers only to the main 4 hour exam

Thanks for clarifying user.

No prob

I got a 750 on both math and the math level ii subject test. I think that a large portion of test takers haven't taken precalculus, so they wouldn't be prepared for math ii. Iirc, you need to be able to deal with stuff like rational functions, but I don't remember if trigonometry was on it. Most people taking the test are in 11th grade (maybe early in 12th grade), so a fair number of people won't have finished (some even started) precalculus. I only finished precalculus in 11th grade, but I had studied its contents before and was studying calculus on my own in 11th grade.

I was just pissed about not getting an 800 on the normal exam while getting an 800 on level 2. I kinda wish my parents had sent me to a prep course or something like that.

Haha I know that feel. I got a 790 on US history, lol. I've heard that prep courses don't really help you all that much. Obviously practice will make you better at taking the test, but there is only so much you can do to boost your score. A lot of it comes from innate ability.

Whats your POO score ?

How is that recording desu?

PAJEET
A
J
E
E
T

D E S I G N A T E D
Pretty good. I like Bach/Tchaikovsky better.