What do you have to say about String Theory?

What do you have to say about String Theory?

Meme theory

Why?

dude dimensions lmao

The Strings that the theory is built on haven't been observed and are merely theoretical mathematical abstractions meant to represent different particles based on their vibration frequency. Personally I'll grant it some plausibility based on the fact that black holes were purely mathematical anomalies until we saw their effects in space firsthand. Math is the language of the universe. Just because you don't understand a word in a language you're learning doesn't mean the language is wrong. It means you need to keep learning until you understand it.

>dimensions

>>Veeky Forums

So you believe that there are only 3, maybe 4 dimensions in space? There are creatures that don't have any depth perception. They see 2 dimensions. Maybe humans just aren't biologically advanced enough to perceive the 11 dimensions M-Theory predicts

>The Strings that the theory is built on haven't been observed and are merely theoretical mathematical abstractions meant to represent different particles based on their vibration frequency.
What's the alternative to this representation?

>String Theory
please

Yes but why?

it's literally unprovable with current technology so there's no point in discussing it.

t. I go to a uni big on nuclear physics and that's basically what any professor will say if you ask them about it

because it is pseudoscientific ass-pull

It is bullshit. Nothing more than a religious type thought with no real evidence to back it up. You may as well say there's a god and he's purple. It has such a lack of evidence that I wouldn't call it a scientific theory at all.

What about AdS/CFT correspondence and the usefulness of that methodology

what if the accelerated expansion is actually a new big bang in which our current solar systems are actually atoms and our galaxies are molecules and when it spreads out enough these will eventually create supermassive creatures that see this accelerated expansion as how we see the big bang today in a neverending cycle of growing universe

A universe that is an atom of another universe.

If this is true then we can ascend to a higher plane of existence.

Didn't we do this yesterday?
It uses circular reasoning.
It uses itself to prove itself.

this could be true, due to the fractal nature of everything dimensionally.

are you two goofs telling me that that shit I just came up with as a joke to try to troll Veeky Forums is ACTUALLY more credible than OP?

It could be true.

bump

another one

>yfw you realise humans have 2d vision

No, we don't. We have 3D vision; we have two eyes and as such can perceive depth.

Close one eye and THEN you see in 2D.

No, we have 2D vision. Our brain creates a fake depthmap of it but its still 2D.

>i cant figure it out so best ignore it hur dur
Stupid scientists

You can't (at the moment) test string theory. No experiments possible. The strings are planck length size. However, somehow the math checks out, which is pretty fascinating. Also the fact that M-Theory unifies all branches of string theory gives hope for a better understanding. It will take a lot of time though.

32.CB10589A39207F

Everything looks exactly the same.

kek

Holy shit the amount of shitposting in this thread is impressive.

I thought for a moment that Veeky Forums was a decent board