youtube.com/watch?v=B3Z7WmSSRX0&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/pbdes
youtube.com/watch?v=-2FTZhyuJy8
youtube.com/watch?v=SG7HjyuDP9w
youtube.com/watch?v=MZ0SgAU9LXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GET THE WATER, ELON!

youtube.com/watch?v=B3Z7WmSSRX0&feature=youtu.be

earliest frame of the initial explosion I could get.

From this picture it is clear that the reason for the rocket's demise was due to a flaw in the construction of the launch pad, not due to the rocket itself. Whoever assembled that flawed launch station is to blame. Bot the people eho designed the rocket.

why do you say that? because the explosion started from the top?

It should be obvious from the picture that it was not the rocket that was flawed. If a car gets destroyed in a flood or a tornado that doesnt mean the car was flawed, even though it was destroyed.

>Musk's bad day: Explosion + stock drops by Tesla, SolarCity = $390 million loss

Musk is done

Can you explain exactly what in the picture makes it obvious that it's the fault of the launch pad?

Pls explain, I'm curious.

Considering even SpaceX says the fault lay somewhere in the second stage LOX tank, i dont really believe you

He's being sarcastic.

>Can Elon recover?
Let's hope not! Fuck that guy and his bullshit companies.

Now I see it. That went right over my head.

> inb4 he says something about natural disasters

Insurance will cover it, only thing is it'll cause delays for the reusable + Falcon Heavy.

Dicks out for Elon

Hi Bezos

His success/failure rate is pretty good I thought? What's the standard here?

>this angry over someone else's success

Your post reads like every angry poorfag post ever. Just swap out the name for anyone making money.

What the fuck are you on about you massive cunt

>success/failure rate
This is not really the most relevant metric. The thing to look at is consecutive successes. When a rocket blows up, the one that flies next will hopefully have the previous flaws fixed, and it is in fine a different rocket that flies. You have two types of rockets basically: the ones that blow up a few times at the beginning then never fail again, and those who would periodically blow up once in a while. Which one would you feel safer flying your satellite in? Yup, consecutive successes is what matters to insurance companies, too.

>What's the standard here?
Pic related is generally considered the most reliable rocket in the world with more than 70 (or something) consecutive successes.

Insurance will not cover this, actually

And why is that?

The payload owner didn't have pre-launch insurance.

I expect SpaceX is trying to experiment with their rockets

It's not about "just get something that works" to them...

That is retarded as fuck. The damn thing could be damaged in all sorts of ways before it even reaches the pad.
No wonder mark (((zuckerburg))) made such a butthurt post. He went jewmode and fucked himself over.

Clearly it was the tiny UFO with laser weapons that caused structural failure.

>and it's payload

>When you learn the payload was a satellite for Israel.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

>No wonder mark (((zuckerburg))) made such a butthurt post. He went jewmode and fucked himself over.
le source?

I thinkt he unofficial consensus is that the explosion happened at the interface of the LOX tube and the rocket, which likely means that some stupid cunt didn't degrease both parts of the fitting properly.

Gunshot at around 1:18

US government didn't want the Israeli spy satellite going up, so they sent some poor DEVGRU bastard out into the Florida heat in a ghillie suit to sabotage the rocket before the static fire.

Poor guy's going to be sitting out there for a few days, eating protein bars and covered in leeches.

Ya know, a good sniper, hidden a mile away can do severe damage to a rocket or company stock when it is space transportation. Could be a reason for severe failures globally over decades.

sauce?

twitter.com/pbdes

When on earth will people try to make rockets minimalize air friction?

>"Spacecom insured Amos-6 for $285M in marine cargo market, not space insurance market. Launch +1 yr policy would kick in at rocket ignition"
>policy would kick in at rocket ignition
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man thats funny. Well, technically there was some kind of ignition...

it was still insured

I bet the fanboys at TMRO are crying right now.

Not only was it insured (duh), but it was cheaper that way.

He is forced to buy space insurance instead of marine insurance at rocket ignition, because rockets are inherently high risk.

Understand how it all works now, son?

If they're experimenting with fueling the things and it blew up then they're fucking retarded. How long until the SpaceX investors remove Musk as a liability?

Tesla is most definitely not bullshit.... have you driven one?

>how can elon recover?
>trying to privatize space with NASA in the way
>dream-on.mp3

its always under government oversight for a reason.

let your dreams be dreams in that case:
youtube.com/watch?v=-2FTZhyuJy8

youtube.com/watch?v=SG7HjyuDP9w

Hope not. This US American meme rockets are quite a problem

I haven't been following SpaceX all that much

I'm guessing it's a newly designed rocket they're using?

That often has problems, really. It's easy to design one and run math, but it's another to put them in practice and successfully fix problem you run into.

It's not newly design, the same has been used on several launches.

We know that it happened before the engine test fire, during propellant load. Maybe because SpaceX chill their propellant massively, maybe not. Now it's time to wait for months unit the investigation finishes.

These faggots are even calling it an "anomaly". As if they high lord musk with space x isnt capable of an accident.

I'm assuming the rockets themselves, not just this launch, are newly designed. Yes?

If you mean desgined as in built/constructed, then yes, these are new builds flying for the first time. None of the previously landed Falcon 9s have flown again yet.

If not, then I'm lost.

Yep

That's what I mean

>"t-the rocket didn't really explode! Go Elon, I still love you!"

He did, but he died when he used the autopilot because Tesla tampered with its security features instead of sticking to the original software they bough from some external contractor. And that was after surviving a battery fire and a road rage caused by the poor build quality.

Spayce Sex will always find a way to shill its "rokkets". They are liars and scam artists

>Ariane
Sieg Heil!

It was insured as maritime cargo, actually. So they will get some compensation at least.

Talking about CO2 emmission...

>oh Jeezis

You know how many people who worked on his project just strait up and quit because they had moral objections? I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of sabotage. Doubtful but not surprising.

>Talking about CO2 emmission...
What are you on about?

It's not that much. If you look at a busy highway filled with cars. That's something emitting CO2 constantly, nonstop, all the time.

>thousands of tons of fuel
>not much

This thing burned for an hour with producing a huge thick dense mass of smoke that all went to the atmosphere. If you'd combine a highway air pollution it would barely make any dense smoke. And this is not the first time Elon blew up a rocket that caused the same amount of CO2.

Elon must be stopped so we can save our environment and prevent it to contribute to global warming.

SpaceX should hire that guy to do the commentary for all their launches

And just how many tons of fuel are burned by cars every day?

Are you too stupid to realize you'd need to include that number if you want to compare these?

It's not even one thousand.
And no, that's really not very much fuel at all.

Waving your hands in the air and shouting isn't a substitute for actually making an argument. Rocketry is a completely insignificant fraction of global emissions.

Also, why focus on the times the rocket blows up? The fuel gets burnt either way.

What the fuck is wrong with Americans when rockets blow up

youtube.com/watch?v=MZ0SgAU9LXI

>What the fuck is wrong with Americans
ftfy

can you do the aluackbar+ISIS theme

>muskfags have deserted Veeky Forums
priceless

>versus trillions of tons of fuel

Hmm....

>This thing burned for an hour with producing a huge thick dense mass of smoke
Oh wow everyone, please take a moment to look at this genius who thinks thickness of smoke=amount of CO2 released.
You do realise that CO2 is colorless, right? Smoke is made up of particles that did not burn in the fire and water vapor.