Is this chart accurate for literature?

Is this chart accurate for literature?

Reductive and dumb

there are no villains in literature idiot

It's retarded even for vidya, movies, tv, and other shit. Even thinking in terms of heroes and villains in literature tends to be a one way ticket to plebtown.

/thread

I don't know of a villain in literature desu, aside Satan.

>'vidya'

Kill yourself

your chart is a ghost

According to this chart the judge is shit. I think this is all that needs to be said.

well the chart is shit but so is yecarthy

Where does Iago fall?

He's the protagonist of his story.

>Dragon age: Origins in Shit Tier

Loghain is the true villian of that story and he is at least High Tier.

>Bren on Great tier

He doesn't have good intentions. He is just manipulative

Who is that on elder god tier?

Ozymandias from Watchmen.

Good read.

this guy's got it

That chart isn't accurate for anything but the argument between two 12 year-old comic nerds that prompted its creation.

Contrary to other opinions, I think it is pretty on-point in instances where it is relevant. Unlike I think that in many cases it is inevitable. I think that the best pieces of literature do avoid the dichotomy of hero and villain (for example, 1984 where the "villain" is the entire state and none of the malevolent individuals in the state are really at fault because they are forced to comply as well).

However in many cases that chart is accurate. For example, Paradise Lost portrays Satan as a much more sympathetic character. In fact, his war against heaven is -in essence- a war for the same values that we hold dear in the western world: freedom from authority.

I think the guide mostly applies to generic fiction, however. Most pieces of literature are an "us against the world" or "us against nature" scenario. In other words, take it for what it is.

>villain isn't a mix of all the tiers

Doesn't change the fact that the judge is a great character.

>write a shit tier villain and a mary sue hero
>switch them around
>elder god tier narrative

No. Evil for evil's sake is often GOAT

GOAT tier villains are antagonists thay see themselves as the hero.

language evolves

genius

Donald Trump is going to make America great again.

I'm pretty sure shakespeare uses the word villain thereby disproving your thesis.

A perfect example of a mid tier villain.

That's the dumbest thing iv'e seen. Comic books in general, I mean.

He's Ozymandias tier.

you are posting on the website that brought about the usage of that term

There no heroes and villains, just protagonists and antagonists

this

>shakespeare
>literature

LMAO PLEB

test

>no elliot in elder god tier

>joey
>villain

woowee detected

ranking charts are for plebs.

he's actually high tier

Actually he wasn't even a villain if you really think about it

Had to post This before changing my brain

is this an incredibly rare DFW

Millennials, everyone.

This chart is shit across the board, because inherent in it is the assumption that the more understandable or "realistic" an antagonist's intent is, the better or more interesting they are as a character. Nine times out of ten, the guy who's just doing what he's doing because he wants more power or because he's fucked in the head is a lot more interesting than some fucko who's doing what he's doing to 'make the world a better place' or because it's understandable in their situation. And if you're gonna talk realism, that kind of power-lust is a lot more common, especially among people who are in positions of power. I know, it's weird.

Filthy gnostics stay out of my Veeky Forums

why does he wear the mask

from what I gather lit doesn't believe in vilians in lit, but if you had to choose one villain from any medium that was lit-tier who would it be? at gun point if it makes you faggots happy. So hard to get you contrarians to join in the fun

Caesar from New Vegas.

Elliot Rodger (pbuh)

So Othello is shit tier? Iago is pretty high up in my best villains list.

High tier, he's responding to Othello snubbing him for a promotion and cucking him

We'll see how that goes once he's crashed the economy with his abortion of a tax plan.
There'll be no survivors

True, he's basically utilitarianism incarnate.
I'd probably choose him or Ulysses, maybe Lanius for his sexy sexy threats.

Ulysses isn't a villain though, but he is still interesting.

New Vegas is most Veeky Forums game fa m.

if u read I said medium what medium is eliot rodger from asshole?

real life

bah,

Novel with villains = pulp
Novel without villains = literature

I like this guy. Very well constructed prose. Mwah *airkiss*

Dumb charts demand dumb answers. I mean, it's pointless arguing with idiots that don't know the difference between villains and antagonists.

>I mean, it's pointless arguing with idiots that don't know the difference between villains and antagonists.

Are there actually people who have that mindset?

I mean, as an adult. That kind of thing is taught during high school.