Is there any worthwhile poetry that has been written after Auschwitz? Gibe proofs. (no trol)

Is there any worthwhile poetry that has been written after Auschwitz? Gibe proofs. (no trol)

Paul Celan, René Char, Tomas Tranströmer, etc ...

James Merrill and Anne Sexton are favorites. To a lesser extent Saul Williams.

Thanks for the proofs.

Am I an antisemite if I get uncomfortable when Jews tell me I'm not allowed to enjoy anything after Auschwitz?

Like, I understand Auschwitz really sucked, and I even concede that it's a shitty historical event in new ways that weren't possible before totalitarianism and instrumentalization and shit like that. It sucks. But, systematic mass slaughters, population displacements, and totalitarian proscriptions undertaken by Assyrians, Romans, Crusaders, and Russian imperials were all of progressively greater magnitude and "technological" sophistication than their predecessors, too.

Armenians don't come up to me while I'm drinking a milkshake and go "hey, man. There can be no milkshakes after the Armenian Genocide. History is fundamentally different now. The killing of Armenians was a completely unique event in history, the omphalos of history itself in fact, that changed history forever. Actually, it was the END of history. That's how big a deal it was!" They're just upset that so many Armenians died.

Is it just me or are Jews kind of narcissistic?

i've never heard a jew say that
as a jew yes this shit if true is stupid but again never heard someone say that
if you're not from a nation responsible for this the most you should do imho is pause like an hour in your life to meditate on this (and obivously at the same time the armenian genocide and all similar things too) to become wiser about human nature or some shit but tbf that's it

Ppl freaking out about the holocaust like it wasn't just the blowback of the much deadlier transatlantic slave trade genocide gets me heated

miffed, meeved, and peeved

Adorno thinks if art isn't about the Holocaust implicitly in its form then it's going to bring about a second Holocaust, because that kind of thinking, from the individual to the cultural level is deep down fascist, according to Adorno.

The context of this provocation is, in West Germany folks who murdered people by the 10s of thousands would get away with fairly slight prison sentences (if any at all). And here is a professor, not from abroad (as is the case with Hannah Arendt), who dares to say "Auschwitz".
Adorno's original essay and the sentence in this essay doesn't say anything to me (I didn't read his books) and the fact he later would reply as if the sentence said exactly what it seems to say in it's oft-quoted shortened form, sort of reveals he wasn't intending to say a lot, either, than that the fact a nation educated on the european classics could commit the most terrific crimes one can imagine.
Namedropping ain't no proof for worthwhile poetry.

itt: people that don't know what dialectics are

>Namedropping ain't no proof for worthwhile poetry

It's about as much proof as the above quoted is is a refutation.

>pause an hour
Fuck you.

>rap music

Well that was easy

> user who doesn't understand Adorno's critique of enlightenment 'mythos'

Why would fucking Auschwitz and fucking poetry around the world have any fucking connection? Fuck off. I'm not fucking giving you fucking "proofs" that there's been good fucking poetry written in the past 71 fucking years, you fucking idiot.

>being this much of a retard

The majority in this thread has no idea what Adorno actually meant by that statement

Oh, for God's sake. You really want me to take Adorno seriously? Fine.
So he was claiming, way back in 1949, that to persist, after Auschwitz, in the production of monuments of the very culture that produced Auschwitz is to participate by denial in the perpetuation of that barbaric culture and to participate in the process (reification) that renders fundamental criticism of that culture literally unthinkable. It makes sense in the context of all German art and history leads to Hitler, but it's not some universal truth.
He later backed off and said:
Perennial suffering has as much right to expression as a tortured man has to scream; hence it may have been wrong to say that after Auschwitz you could no longer write poems. But it is not wrong to raise the less cultural question whether after Auschwitz you can go on living--especially whether one who escaped by accident, one who by rights should have been killed, may go on living. His mere survival calls for the coldness, the basic principle of bourgeois subjectivity, without which there could have been no Auschwitz; this is the drastic guilt of him who was spared. By way of atonement he will be plagued by dreams such as that he is no longer living at all, that he was sent to the ovens in 1944 and his whole existence since has been imaginary, an emanation of the insane wish of a man killed twenty years earlier. (Negative Dialectics, 362-363).

So his perspective is that of a German who lived through WWII, and has little bearing on those whose lives have no immediate connection with that time and place. He was focused on German responsibility for the Holocaust as his entry point to critiquing social policy and the way we think of art, but it's still bullshit. If writing poetry after Auschwitz is barbaric, then it's also barbaric to write poetry after the Rwanda massacre, Vietnam, the Cultural Revolution, the Stalinist purges and famines, the slaughter of Native Americans, the Mongol invasion of Baghdad, the Crusades, the Roman conquests, you name it. I'm not buying that it's bourgeois objectification that made Auschwitz possible. What made it unique was the calculating, mechanistic, coldly efficient way it was carried out, but other than that, it's no different from any number of horrors that humans have been capable of, and have done, since the beginning of history. Given that, I think it can be argued that poetry, or any individual expression of joy and wonder, is precisely the response needed to horrors such as Auschwitz. It doesn't mean that we're blinding ourselves, or in denial — it means that in spite of all that, we can go on living, and even affirm the value of living, for the flashes of beauty which are our categorical rejection of "Auschwitz" and all that would reduce us to. If not for poetry and the like, humans should have probably ceded our right to exist millennia ago. Is that what Adorno wants? Fuck off. The Holocaust simply isn't that important.

>getting outraged over a retracted statement
Kys

He didn't fully retract it, by a long shot. If you actually read anything before responding to it, you'd know that. I'm done with the idiocy for now.

Todesfuge is GOAT

Neither did your dad, but he should have

Wasn't Adorno only referring to german poetry?

transtromer is GOAT

my diary desu

no fucking way I give a shit about people dying

Literally came here to say Celan.
I guess the word Auschwitz made me think of him.

No, even American be-bop Jazz was complicit.

>2016
>still believing in the Jewish holocaust meme

Adorno is an idiot.

Before that idea can even be entertained it must first actually be proven that jews were gassed and murdered at Auschwitz. All evidence so far suggest that's a monumental lie. The burden of proof is on those making the claim and they need to back up their outlandish conspiracy theory of "muh 6 million jew genocide by the evil Germans" with facts and evidence instead of making even questioning it illegal in some countries and disappearing into the shadows and pumping out endless propaganda to further the meme throughout the various media outlets they own and run.

Underrated

Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying fuck about the Holocaust? Not even an antisemite, I just don't fucking care at all.

Adorno was a filthy inbred Marxist kike.

>>>>>>adorno
don't even have enough meme arrows to express how much of a meme he is

didn't happen m8, that's why you don't care

your subconscious always knows the truth

Poorfag

Lol the voices of the slave complicit in the death of the Jew. Truly the most narrassitic people.

The transatlantic slave trade was worse and more word changing. And more calculated.

Kek you're probably right

>Sexton

A lying bag of meat. Thank Christ Augustine didn't have a loose lipped shrink.