General: i.imgur.com/r55ODlL.jpg/ i.imgur.com/gNTrDmc.jpg/

Previous: →

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/QSfK3pFq
imgur.com/gallery/0naPi
goodreads.com/book/show/3090465-the-twilight-saga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ugh what a shitty genre

Any other books except BotNS in which people refer to space rockets as towers or in which obvious space vessels are considered normal buildings?

>>Sci-Fi
>No Lord of Light

Dude c'mon. You put Zelazny's Amber Cronicles in your fantasy list but miss his best sci-fi?

There's a bunch of fantasy that's actually post-apoc which follows those lines

Shannara, WoT, Dying Earth.

wow she's brave! what's making her paint up there on that high cliff! i get goose pimples just looking at that! gee! i hope someone gets that young beautiful girl down safely, she can really hurt herself!

WoT as in Wheel of Time?
I heard good things about it but also that it's fucking long as fuck, like a billion books each a billion words per chapter and a billion chapters.

Achamian has like three times the PoV chapters that Kellhus does

Recommend me a book whose main characters are not self-loathing or self-regreting or self-doubting asshats.

>because perspective

The Kingkiller Chronicles.

Are you fucking kidding me m8?

> be me, kvothe
> fey goddess takes my virginity
> be most powerful mage
> know ninja techniques
> always unhappy because woman

NEXT

All true my man.

pastebin.com/raw/QSfK3pFq
Part 3 of the "Ring of Light" quintet. I'll continue to post a part per thread until the story is over. 2 more parts left.
This part is my personal favourite because not only it has the best prose I've written, it also has the toughest piece of dialogue I've ever written, and I'm extremely fond of the philosophy and revelations in this chapter.
Enjoy.

Are there any fantasy novels featuring extreme size difference between characters where the larger party is conventionally attractive / not really fucking ugly?

I'm asking purely for analytical purposes.

You fucked up, sffg suppose to be in subject field not name field.

This may be more to your liking

14 books, all of them door-stopper thick. Extremely comfy series though. Always go back to it like comfort food.

What do you mean by extreme? Like tiny fairy sized with normal person? Normal person with giant? Or more realistic?

The entire premise of the series is that Kvothe is wallowing in self pity and regret as he recounts his life to a biographer.

The entire premise is that it's Rothfuss trying to self insert into a power fantasy while he was a complete loser when he was a teenager

bumping because i'm not seeing any results guyzzz

Malazan

read it (fucking great)
other plz

>you'll probably never know if that one user read Arc of the Dream

>mfw this desu

That shit ruins the book for me

I like his Mary Sueness but muh woman

This happens a lot in Wolfe works. For instance, the Undines of book of the new sun.

I want a book that gives me imagery like this

imgur.com/gallery/0naPi

inb4 reddit

goodreads.com/book/show/3090465-the-twilight-saga

SciFi is objectively plebeian. How can you read this dross?

Why is it plebeian?

Just read Wayne Barlowe's stuff

*Burns Brass*
Back the fuck off!?!?

Not necessarily space stuff, but Riddley Walker is about an iron-age level society living thousands of years in the future in the area around Canterbury after a devastating nuclear war. Much of the book is about how they misinterpret the remains 20th/21st century technology and culture. And there are some pretty strong hints that mankind may have achieved interstellar travel before the shit went down.

Be prepared for thousands of pages of women bitching about men and viva versa.

[braid tugging intensifies]

*smooths skirt*

*...then parts skirt, for riding*

So. I'm reading the Wheel of Time plot summary and setting and by what I've read, the guy didn't even bother hiding the fact he's copying Tolkien.

Should I expect Lord of the Rings on steroids or something fouler?

Just don't read it.

Know how lotr has a lot of walking

WoT is only walking

Meh, I guess it's off then.

Red Rising.

Darrow is constantly whining about
>muh Eo

He doesn't whine when he kills, and if he does it's internal.

Undying Mercenaries by Bv Larson.
Just your regular redneck in space.

That's gone by the end of the first book, I'd say more but I don't want to spoil, we all know people click spoiler tags no matter what

Currently reading I, Robot for the first time after not touching an Asimov book for about 5 years. This is dank.

Bought The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress today, what can I expect?

Sexy space libertarianism.

Sounds like fun!

I've had this elaborate fantasy setting in my head for years and desperately want to turn it into something that can be published but I haven't even finished a short story in months. Most of the things I have finished aren't even that

Adderal doesn't work. Believe me I've tried

I want to try adderal so I can finally try and sit down and work on something. My problem is jumping between too many projects and ideas that seem genuinely solid.

I keep telling myself the scope of some of the stories is too much for a first-timer, or that the idea isn't good enough to be my "debut" piece, or I just look at other works and feel as if there isn't enough soul put into my own piece compared to those that have come before.

I doubt I'll ever be good enough.

why dont you try it pussy

just write it you idiots, protip, ITS GOING TO BE SHIT

thats why editing exists. keep fucking working. Treat everything as an exercise, dont ever jerk yourself off about some "magnum opus", its the audience that decides those things

>protip, ITS GOING TO BE SHIT

not if you're actually talented

Talent is just raw material, its worthless if you don't hone it.

You've already made an outline right?

Post 'em, lads.

>copying meme countries

Halfway through The Final Empire. My fall is complete. I've surrendered to the mindbreak. I am a full blown Sanderson-fag now.

>beetle fortresses
Good to know

One of my outlines actually turned into my best draft of the first chapter, but then realized I feel crappy when I write modern pop culture references, so I changed it to a 1920s setting and now I don't even have an outline anymore, just characters and a setting

It's hard to write when you don't know what to fucking write in the first place.

Write anything, hell dish some bullshit in this thread right now to see what you can do.

Dude
high fantasy school shooting

haha oh shit

Something like that is actually plausible in my half assed setting

Dude there's loads of well regarded authors who famously threw out most of what they wrote

I love how witty shallan is.

>it's a would be writers moping about thread
every single day in a different Veeky Forums thread every time

Recommend more Neckbeard power fantasy like The Name of the Wind

was bakker cucked? Where does his power come from?

Dawn of Wonder, Blood Song, Emperor's Blades

All have the same gimmick of protagonist being the very best

The Eyes of the Overworld.

This. There are plenty of tropes to be found in WoT, but there are also some of the greatest moments in all of fantasy throughout the series. It's also extremely comfy because you get to know all of the characters so well (even the shitty ones). Even when the plot drags, Jordan still focuses primarily on the main characters, which is more than the fat sellout GRRM can say. All in all, it's like pic related of the fantasy genre if you're willing to stick with it. Not a lot of inherent value necessarily, but shamelessly satisfying none the less.

m8 just PDF the whole thing and put it on a dropbox

Nothing wrong with enjoying a poorly written action-adventure series once in a while, famalam.

Luck and determination >>>>> talent.

Assuming you don't have insider connections, which obviously make all three of those things irrelevant.

Thanks to self publishing luck isnt that big of a deal now

All you have to do now is not be a fucking poser and actually finish something, then market adequately

Hence the determination part. If you're persistent you will achieve some amount of success. If you're lucky, that success will be very profitable. I'd rather be lucky with a single manuscript subscription than be hailed as the greatest modern talent in fiction.

>I'd rather be lucky with a single manuscript subscription than be hailed as the greatest modern talent in fiction.

Not sure I follow, people who recieve those accolades are usually well-off due to sales.

SJW tumblr propaganda where the free-love mixed-race mooninites nuke the evil racist Americans.

But seriously, it's a good book. A classic of the period when it was published and is one of Heinlein's top books.

Wew user, its actually very good, surprisingly so. I like the quality of the dialogue and the twist at the end. Ive been reading since you first posted and Im really interested to see how it all ends and now that I got to know the protag Im really curious to see how hell solve his problems.
whats with the broomsticks fetish?

Having read all of the Dresden files, Storm front should be changed from Mystery to modern....

I need a fantasy novel that just has a nice white knight protagonist whose only angst is how he can be even more white knight.

Bonus points if he's literally a white knight.

Elf Elliot Rodger
>I'm beautiful, immortal, highly skilled, classy, basically a god to the disgusting mortals. Yet all the elf females of this school refuse to acknowledge my superiority, instead cavorting around with human beings and even filthy dwarves.

This idea is toooo fucking good

The Wizard Knight by gene wolfe

>Bonus points if he's literally a white knight.

racist

He's still a detective, most urban fantasy the person is some private investigator or something.
Felix castor, anita blake, rachel morgan, downside, etc, etc. The meet up with a problem and solve it, the whole point of a mystery.
Although I would like stuff more in the vain of iron druid, just go about fucking shit up in a city.

Kellhus in an urban setting cucking the mayor and president when?

Anyone notice Sanderson is the new Tolkien? People are copying him like they used to lord of the rings. Powder mage, now Anthony Ryan's new book about dragon blood is a rip off of Sanderson's structured magic system. Anyways hope we get more brethren in our ranks. Welcome brother

I am so gonna write this.

Can I share it here when I'm done? Should i go at it seriously or chuck it full of sffg memes? Your pick.

How is having a structured magic system copying Sanderson? They've been here from Vance to D&D to RPGs

GRI, cucking, dark souls reference, throw in some cute little girls, some traps, a little bit pro sjw, and anti sjw, some structured magic systems, some "i ain't got to explain, it's magic".

Fill it to the brim user, all the way up. Hell throw in some braid tugging for extra effect.

I have this strange notion that the true Tolkenian writers aren't those that shamelessly ape him, but people like Swanwick that create a whole new world of their own from the ground up.

Because that's what Tolkien did.

I mean, I get from the way she's written that she's supposed to be witty, but she isn't.

Everybody does that these days

If you read the two books in question, and read Sanderson, you would understand what I'm talking about. You get a Sanderson vibe from them.

Let cosmerefag confirm or deny my claims

A little off, but does anyone have any recommendations on Michael Crichton style shit, basically contemporary level science fiction with a ton of research put into it? I love his detail and how he grounded things in actual current research, but would like something a little less pulpy.

Welcome friend. It has a strong ending. And the third book is the best one IMO.

She "thinks" she is witty. It's like those sheltered autistic fucks that used to bust unfunny jokes in school and think they were hot shit, no one usually laughed though.

Same shit, shallan is living an inside world, anything looks like it's gonna change that she does a full retreat. Her "wit" is just a self-defense to deal with the trauma of her past.

I wonder if her spren is gonna leave her when she has no more lies (truth) to feed it?