Has a prof ever trolled you on a test?

has a prof ever trolled you on a test?

>we will be covering these chapters

>none of the questions pertain to those chapters

Professors have demanded wrong answers on tests but not in any meaningful context. Just shit like "What must Three-Horns never do?" and morally outraged questions about Hollywood chimps.

the absolute madman

>calc 2 midterm
>professor puts question pertaining to a topic we never covered on there
>mfw I countered trolled him by remembering how to do the problem from another problem of the same type on a practice exam despite not knowing what I was doing

>physics professor has practice questions, puts answer key online
>long way and short way
>do short way on exam, like three lines of math instead of 15+
>"I did not want you to do it this way. 25/25"

My Electro-magnetism professor (not sure if I should call him like that) had these huge stacks of paper with the lessons printed on it, and we filled the blanks during his lessons.
Except he often said innacurate or purely wrong answer and we wrote them down. If nobody made the remark that it was bullshit, he'd continue his lesson and never offer a correction unless someone told him.
He also told us that he usually modified the wikipedia pages pertaining to his lessons just before tests, but I think this was bullshit.
Fun guy, I kinda liked him.

my heat transfer professor would show us shitty cartoon diagrams that would be used for the exam, but nothing to identify what the problem statement might be.

then he'd pull the most ridiculous situation out of his ass from some asinine interpretation of that cartoon. nothing you'd fucking expect.

if you complained about the test being too hard he'd say "lol i literally showed you the problem a week before hand"

My professor wanted us to take the divergence and the laplacian of the spherical funciton:

[eqn] T(r,\theta,\phi) = r (5 cos(\theta) + 13 sin(\theta) cos(\phi)) [/eqn]

or something along those lines. later in the test, he asked us to do the above again, but in cartesian coodinates, where it is revealed

[eqn] T(x,y,z) = 5z + 13x [/eqn]

which is obviously quite trivial to solve.

>Various unknown compounds we have to identify in orgo lab
>Everyone has any one of like 500 different possibilities listed on the course site
>No more than 200mg each, in these fragile little vials
>I have to be careful, nobody's getting more
>Very little direction, no procedure, just set loose to characterize our compounds
>I'm a cheeky cunt and race to run an IR before anyone else
>Deargodnofuckingway.cdx
>It agrees *exactly* with the reference spectrum of caffeine. i know this because i'm autistic
>Violently sperg
>Immediately staple a sheet of notebook paper to the printout
>"Chem 2whatever, user Jones, Thursday lab section"
>"It's caffeine. See attached." Turn in

>Mfw it's graded 100% on correct answer, to encourage careful precise labwork
>Mfw i don't even have to show up next three weeks
>Xanthines tripped up the other two guys to get them
>It was supposed to be this serious challenge
>I was seriously told afterwords it's because of the one time I set a curve on that exam
>I SURE SHOWED THEM THOUGH, CHECK MY FIRST LETTERS

>All semester the prof repeats "If you need to know a name of this chemical I will let you know focus on the formulas and equilibrium."
>Basically taught us 5 chemical names
>Final had about 10 chemicals I didn't know.

Three-Horns never talk to long necks.
>the land before time

Close, "never play with."
5/10, partial credit.

>electronics I final
>"test will be straightforward from what we've been doing as long as you know how to work small signal models"
>test is like 4 tricky diode/transistor questions an hour into it
>get to last question on single BJT amplifier
>freaking out cause I wasn't supper good on those
>analysis shows the transistor isn't even on
>mfw I'm convinced that isn't right but nothing I can do
>half the kids I talked to after the test did the same thing
>mfw

>submit coding assignment
>"I didn't like the way you did x, y , z. If you want to rewrite in x way, i'll give you full marks."
>15/15

It's mostly depressing because my code is shit and my professor realizes I have zero passion or interest in computer science/programming.

Instructor here. You're not supposed to know chapter's you're supposed to know concepts

Then why do they ask me chapters instead of concepts?

>We'll be covering chapter 5 on this test
>chapter 5 is on topic X and nothing else
>study everything in chapter 5
>be very proficient in topic X
>test is entirely on topic Y which is in chapter 8

Then tell us exactly which concepts we need to know to pass the test. I don't always have time to study everything.

>In my 4th year and never had this happen

They have asked to learn a lot more than what was necessary. In an intro to pattern recognition I learnt every fucking topic, and in the oral exam it was just about bayes & maximum likelihood

>Simple chem assessment on multiple different titrations
>We have to take it in a quiet room and focus
>Get like 18% because we all got shafted into a room with screaming kids and assholes disturbing us

>Do a presentation on biofuels to class
>Profs assessing say it was A++ material, so much info and on-point
>Went 30 secs over and used paragraphs to describe space usage of biofuels
>Get B instead because 'you should have been less wordy'

>Roll up to class, sit on my ass
>"Get up, test time"
>Mfw we didn't even know we had one
>Mfw it was biochem and the relevant structures were removed from out data books
>That you need because you're not supposed to remember the things as of that time

>Do stupid presentation on acids
>"Yeah but I didn't really hear this....didn't see this...didn't understand how you meant this...."
>Do test
>Half marks for every full mark
>"Yeah you were right but I'd like it if you phrased it this way"
>Mfw we got given grades subjectively and that there was "too much information"

Not really rest but
>Probability assignment to do over Christmas.
>Lecturer gives rigorous mathematical proofs for everything: nobody in the class actually really understands what the maths on the assignment even means.
>Lecturer refused to explain.
>Spend Christmas painstakingly starting from first principles to get answer.
>Takes weeks for just a few marks.
>Finally get an answer I'm happy with.
>Hand in, later turns out I get full marks.
>Loads of people got full marks.
>what
>mfw when class average was about 50%, so lecturer just doubles everyone's marks, but caps it at 100%
Lecturer was chill dude, but I never forgave that.

>Presenting research at Uni's undergrad conference
>Professor with reputation for being tough comes by, asks me questions
>New professor who's known for being nice does the same
>Get evaluation after, one of them gave me 9-10 points out of 10 for each category, the other tore me apart with 6's and 7's
>Go to tough professor, ask what I can do to improve. He says my research was fascinating and I should keep doing it, if I want to he might be able to take me on
>Wat
>Turns out new professor threw a bunch of shade at me
>mfw

Never trust the nice one. :(