This is the only thing left of human civilization, miraculously preserved in ice for millions of years...

This is the only thing left of human civilization, miraculously preserved in ice for millions of years. By some strange coincidence an advanced alien species finds it and studies it in detail.

What will their picture of us be?

That we were stingy assholes that only let two people play at a time

>play
I don't think they would be able to tell it was meant to be played due to severe lack of evidence. It's possible they might not even have a concept of playing games to begin with.

>Is it able to turn on?
>What games are on it?
>How long have the aliens been on earth?
>are the aliens similar to use or vastly different on a biological comparison?
>What type of civilization are they?
Just need more details.

Ok fine mr.i hate fun,

They wouldn't be able to picture anything of us, because they would have to be able to depict the pictures we use, the word string pairs to form sentences and other types of electrical information to form ideas about the machines mechanisms.

If they're knowledgeable about all of these things how are they aliens?

What do you think a NES frozen in ice would look like after million years?

>Is it able to turn on?
No
>What games are on it?
None
>How long have the aliens been on earth?
Who knows, not important, there's nothing left of us
>are the aliens similar to use or vastly different on a biological comparison?
Similar enough
>What type of civilization are they?
Advanced enough to do interstellar stuff

>aliens know everything and are basically gods

They would reverse-engineer the circuits and deduct that it's a digital Turing machine with inputs and outputs. The programs would probably be physically loaded via the slot.
Honestly, it probably wouldn't be especially obscure to them, even if they didn't manage to figure out what exactly it were used for.

Well the question is could they learn anything about us? What kind of information is there that I might not even be aware of thinking in human terms? Would DNA traces survive? Etc

Only if you blew on the cartridges.

The cartridge wouldn't survive.

Wouldn't some DNA be inside the thing itself, factory workers sneeze, etc. ?

You blow on the cartridge. Spit is on the board. You put the cartridge in the system, spit is on the pin connecter.

Ah

Also I'm sure skin cells, dandruff, etc. would make their way in some way or another

it would be awesome if Takeshi's Challenge was inside

>there are 18 year old posters on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW that never played a game on an actual physical NES
absolutely disgusting

Humans had rectangle dicks.

>DNA
>being preserved for millions of years

Nope

If frozen, shouldn't at least traces of DNA be there? Obviously it would mostly degrade but wouldn't you could theoretically be able to extract info from it even then?

This.

Microbes would have eaten anything with DNA long long before it even made its way into the ice.

It would be seen as a way of storing communications, like the program is really a message, perhaps even designed for them to discover some day. They could probably piece together that the creators are usually protagonists and have similar features. They might think that the monsters in the game represent some kind of cultural evil.

>I'm a summerkid fresh out of HS biology: the post

If you mean frozen at -200 K