/uni/ thread

What university are you at Veeky Forums?
What course?
Do you like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

topuniversities.com/university-rankings/faculty-rankings/engineering-and-technology/2015#sorting=rank region=140 country= faculty= stars=false search=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

uni of berkely
feminist literature with a concentration in hidden patriarchy of mathematical publications
i'm a feminist

Gonville and Caius, University of Cambridge

Shitposting and memes in the Hapsburg Empire and their consequences to the war of Spanish Succession.

Yale
English and Film
Yeah, fulfilling and gives me a lot of time to work on my films/novels

University of Milan Bicocca, Mathematics.

Algebra 1

Geometry 1

Are these threads not allowed? Cause they always seem to get deleted

Laboratory of mathematics and informatics

Linear algebra and geometry

Mathematical Analysis

Physics 1

An overview on the topics covered in the first year of Mathematics in Italy

anyone starting here in october?

i hope not. i mean, its almost always a dick-measuring contest but sometimes its useful knowing what other unis are like if you want to plan doing a course there.

mods, please dont delete

I have a couple of friends doing maths in Milan, but they study at Statale.

Wichita State University
Master's in Aerospace Engineering

It's pretty ok if you're in the aerospace dept studying composites, but everything else is mediocre

>tfw your university in Kansas somehow gets infested with SJWs

Caltech
Physics
Feelsgoodman

University of Alabama
Majored in Biology, Physics, Economics, and Shotgunning Beers.

Yeah, chemboii here, wbu?

>hidden patriarchy of mathematical publications

University of Texas
Applied Math with a computational sciences cert
Yeah its neato

wpi here undecided freshman

Rutgers
Materials Science Engineering

University of Oklahoma, Biology

Who university of Kent here?

>tfw mediocrity

Drake University

Actuarial Science

Passed Exam FM in August, feels good man

Harvard University
Quantum Physics and Theoretical Vectors
It's okay. I expected the students to be a bit smarter however. I was also underwhelmed by the rigor of my theoretical vector integration class.

>going to Harvard for the educational content

lel

Elon University
Physics and Biochemistry
Fucking love it here

Biochemistry

It's fun going to a private school

grad school
physics
most beautiful campus in the best state

University of cincinnati
Quantum I, Mechanics, math physics
So far it's pretty fun, but the workload of classes and TAing is a bit stressful

Master's in Aerospace Engineering here too (at NC State).

It's pretty nice. It could use a little more variety in offered courses and research topics, but other than that, it has great academics and faculty packaged in a big state college experience (if that's the kind of thing you like).

Exeter alum here.

>not throwing up the don's garden
>any year

In my defense I'd never had white wine before and it was terrible.

What's the best Aerospace engineering school?

Been looking into that school. How is it so far?

CU Boulder

italy is shit
you have no schools in the top 500

sam coache, is that you?

brendan rieble, is that you?

Indian institute of technology Mumbai
Engineering physics

University of Illinois

Electrical Engineering

No. This meme (((school))) has been leaking faculty and rankings for the past few years and I just hope I can bail into a respectable grad school before it becomes the proverbial bumfuck state or the university equivalent of Somalia.

>tfw when self sabotaging administration makes your school shittier than it already is

Why are you here, fellow cal bear

I almost went there. Decided not to because no AE and too small.

lmao no

be glad you didn't. this place is a meme school.

Boilerbros WW@

Same for mathematics. I like it DESU

Mine is a PhD

RU RAH RAH

hey, English/CSci here

It's all abet, nigga, just go where you want

what field

Are you fuckbois enjoying the "new" enrollment system?

university of utah
maths
eh

Ece

UCLA
Math
Starting this fall as a CC transfer, looks pretty dope.

UWF
Master's in Applied Experimental Psychology
Loving it. In class yesterday, we talked about the difference between academics and non-academics reading studies, and how non-academics take everything at face value while also not understanding how to properly interpret and comprehend a study.

Graduate school is great.

Huh, I went to UWF for my undergrad in physics. Always cool to see someone else go to that small shitty school.

I hear(d) a lot of good things about it. Is it really a bad school? I'm digging the professors I've interacted with in my program thus far but of course it could be completely different than yours.

Honestly I really liked my time there. Most of the professors are from pretty prestigious institutions and chose the job there because they wanted to teach. UWF is mainly a teaching university, so while that was slightly disappointing in my field, it's still pretty great overall. I just make fun of it because it's a pretty unknown university compared to others, and has some pretty low standards to get in.

Fair enough then. Teaching emphasis sounds nice and I'm sure that'll benefit me extremely. Does seem relatively standard as far as undergrads go, and sure are lots of darkies running around.

>you have no schools in the top 500
not true

Our teaching is pretty good, but we desperatley lack funding and infrastructures aren't always the best. There's no money for research and almost all PhD students are forced to go abroad, hence our low scores in those rankings.

>tfw you didn't clear jee
In my defence i didn't study at all.Gonna try again.
Do many people in your college browse Veeky Forums?

topuniversities.com/university-rankings/faculty-rankings/engineering-and-technology/2015#sorting=rank region=140 country= faculty= stars=false search=
ok

Physics here

MathPhil
maths on the street
philosophy in the sheets
what college you in?
congrats on getting in btw. buzzing for freshers?

Looks like the same shit covered in every school. For some dumb reason my school won't let me take Linear Algebra until I've first completed a "topics in discrete mathematics" course which is kind of some fluffy bullshit, so the way my schedule is laid out I'm not going to be able to take it until the second hald of my second year.

But I will be doing Diff Eq and Multivariable this year. I don't really understand everything to do with their curriculum, but it is what it is.

I'm American. Study physics and maths at a small liberal arts school. Transferred in from CC. It's nice, not prestigious in the wider community for this field, but I really like my department and professors. They have some pretty impressive resumes and work and the department is small and close-knit. Get to work very closely with the faculty, although I'm not sure why some of them are teaching at a sleepy little school like this when they could be doing "bigger" things. I like it here, though, and it's obvious my professors love teaching and love the material they teach.

Im applying to all of these universities and also uc Berkley. Any tips?

Obviously a troll post lol

Community college. Electrical engineering with a double major in Math and minors in physics and computer science
Yeah i have a lot of free time

University of loughborough
Materials science
Its ok here but im Looking to go somewhere more prestigious for my master's

>qs rankings
Fuck off

be black

thanks

I assume you have a good gpa and test scores. Honestly if you're a senior the only thing you can do now is ensure your essays are badass as fuck. Don't be afraid to think outside the box and really spend a lot of time on them.

McGill
Math & computer science, possible minor in econ.
Liking it so far.

the hoity toitiest school in the state of NC

Did you come from a California cc?
I'm at a cc right now and would love to transfer to UCLA but it seems like for any UC school, you're fucked if you're coming from an out of state cc. Like 94% of Berkeley transfers come from in state

I'm considering UCCS, UNR, WSU for an MS CS. I have a BS CS, GPA won't be an issue.

These would all be out of state. I live on the East Coast and want to move out West for a couple years. Trying to keep costs down, despite being out of state. I have money saved up to support myself, and I'm trying not to take out loans.

I looked at several schools, but a lot of them have easily double the tuition of those I listed. The cost of tuition at some of the schools was kind of shocking really.

who here /bestpublicschoolinthenation ?

chemistry and math

i love it so much. there are so many opportunities to get involved in meaningful research

who /mexico/ here

we have a pretty shitty coat of arms

is that you jack

University of British Columbia here. Arguably a far superior school compared to McGill.

Does the school you get your undergrad from have any bearing on where you get accepted for a masters program?

That's a pretty big assertion when they have competition like UNC (public ivy league HURRRR) and HPU (the aristocratic country club of higher education, kinda like Elon)...

Polytechnique Montreal
3rd year in electrical Engineering
It's tough and fun.

Where do these skeleton gifs come from. I need more.

Bachelor of science. Still undecided between pure maths and mathematical physics. I won't have to make my mind up until next year, though, since the required subjects are very similar.
>Do you like it?
It's ok. Arguably the best uni in Australia, but that's not saying a whole lot. Our universities mostly exist to capitalise on the growing Chinese middle class.

God give back my telebears. The new system is literally what community colleges use, I thought we're better than that. We have 1700 fucking students in 61a this year, why can't we use one of them?

realized i wasted my first two years here nbd

Anyone else starting here in a few weeks?

University of Toronto here. Arguably a far superior school compared to UBC.

inb4 some Concordia arts student posts

ANU in Australia.
Studying physics and mathematics.
There's a lot of autistic people, you have to deal with SJWs often, most people here are ugly and this uni is located in Canberra, which is a pretty boring place. But it's arguably the best uni for physics/mathematics in Australia and there's great research and networking oppourtunities. Plus weed is decriminalized here so at least I don't have to worry about that (this is actually the reason I decided to come here instead of UofMelbourne).

>math on the street
>philosophy in the sheets
KEK

Are you getting hard about getting your ring? I hear you Canucks get a ring for being an engineer. Sounds fucking gay, but I guess gay shit is part of being an engineer.

Started here a few weeks ago, CS & Physics/Astronomy. Supposedly it's just as good as the ivies but without the same difficulty to get in - that remains to be seen. I applied to a ton of top schools but didn't get into any because I didn't have any direction in high school (I was motivated, but I didn't know what I wanted to do, plus the school was shitty and average and small with basically no resources).

Taking:
Discrete Math (self-study)
Honors Calculus I (all proof-based, should be pretty cool, awesome professor, apparently going to be basically the same course caltech students take because he went there)
Data Structures & Algorithms
Mechanics Honors (also supposedly awesome professor)
The Solar System & its Origin

I really like that they have an open curriculum here, so I only have to take like one bullshit class, the rest is almost entirely my choice.

It seems like there's a lot of idiots here, but also a lot of smart people, you just have to find them.