Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmUI2qf9uyo
youtube.com/watch?v=iLZKqGbNfck
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Witten
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the only physicist to win a fields medal

>physics

your garbage

But do you know anything about his work? Or is Veeky Forums only after prestige and black holes?

certainly he is an extremely intelligent man and probably will be deemed the most important theoretical physicist of the last 50 years in future history books. he also has a very high voice.

>einstein's successor

i don't know about that. einstein and newton are glorified not because they had fancy theories, but because their theories were able to explain previously unexplained phenomena and make new predictions which were subsequently verified. as far as i know, none of witten's work has done either.

>your
6/10 bait.

This pretty much. Physics, as far as the fundamental principles go, is mostly figured out and self-consistent as far as we know. There won't be another Einstein because we don't need a revolution in how we view different references frames, etc.

I'd like to also say that it's ridiculous to think that one person would be credited with the next breakthrough (i.e. quantum gravity), but then again Einstein would be a nobody (to the general public, that is) without the works of Poincare, Hilbert, Minkowski, etc., as well as the experimenters who validated his theories; yet he's the only one that people know about.

>Einstein's Successor
Einstein was bad in math

BS

kys

Einstein is the popsci king. While his theories were important, it took true genius and insight to create the masterpiece of QM which really hurt Einstein's butt.

>physicist
>not just a mediocre mathematician pretending to be one

You're joking right? Einstein literally just had an idea, then wrote it down in the simplest mathematical framework that would accommodate it. QM is based on a bunch of guesses and "lol we don't know what we're doing but this sort of looks like matrices because it's noncommutative." Einstein did it the right way.

Ed is brilliant

youtube.com/watch?v=AmUI2qf9uyo

I love the way he talks

He is great and brilliant and the best at what he doesn'ts, but what he does will not be of lasting relevance.

If Einstein didn't work out general relativity, and if his major contributions to special relativity were forgotten, people would still recall him as important physicist on the level of Doppler or Mach, because he also figured stuff out in stochastic, laser physics, etc. Not to forget the photoelectric effect for which he got the Noble price.
The reason he's known on this level today is also because he was, like for example Feynman, an extroverted guy who were also involved with American politics of the atom bomb and so on.

Einstein's explanation of the photoelectric effect and his derivation of Planck's law was one of the most important steps which lead to quantum mechanics. Einstein is arguably the father of QM.

Fuck off cuck!

this

It's extraordinary how fucking dumb you are

In this arithmetic compactification, I am strongly coupled. Not because of any loopy Skein relation. But because my worldsheet moduli receive D-instanton corrections via twisted KO groups.

At least introduce him.

>write theories that are impossible to prove
>300k starting

I kek'd.

He always looks like he's suppressing brutal rampage.

youtube.com/watch?v=iLZKqGbNfck

I stopped caring about twisted N=4 Super Yang-Mills Gauge Theory when I was introduced to the concept of homological mirror symmetry of holomorphic sigma-models. If your monopole moduli space can only be compactified by inventing a Hecke eigensheaf that can't exist, like some kind of Geometric Langlands deity, then you're fucking wrong and the math is flawed.

I disagree. He seems like a very soft person, dispositionally.

This. Idiots honestly consider Newton the more important physicist because he found a few basic ass laws while Einstein created QM and Astrophysics

They weren't basic when he found them. Einstein was standing on the shoulders of giants just as Newton was (as I'm sure he would agree himself).

>mediocre mathematician
Mediocre mathematicians don't tend to win mathematics most prestigious prize.

Fucking this. An entire thread arguing about the guy, and nobody even mentions his name.

Fucking autists man. They're everywhere.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Witten

>Mediocre at geography
My idol NOOO

>Makes personal insult
>Does not add to the discussion
How basic are you ?