Growing Humans in Vats

From what i can get from the usual process a baby must grow within an amniotic fluid sac (The amniotic sac and its filling provide a liquid that surrounds and cushions the fetus. So the amniotic sac is optional.) at about 98 degrees F. The baby must also have a nutrient tube of some sort (which is arguably the most important part). Wouldn't mimicking most of these things be somewhat easy? why cant we grow a human or an animal in a vat? I would imagine doing so would have been possible already but im no biologist so please enlighten me. Is it cause of moral and cult related issues?
( i was confused for a while and did not know if this belonged in /g/ or Veeky Forums but Veeky Forums seemed like the logical choice)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/human-embryos-grown-lab-test-tube-ivf-fertility-genetic-diseases-disability-medical-ethics-a7013656.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its an ethical and moral issue of growing humans in vats.

really that is whats stopping us? i thought it would be something more technical....

They just figured out how to keep a simple embryo growing to the point where it would attach to the uterine wall. It's not easy at all, and all the research essential to be able to do it is currently illegal.

The real thing stopping us is lack of necessity. Why grow humans in vats if we can already grow them a lot cheaper in women?

don't listen to that idiot.

independent.co.uk/news/science/human-embryos-grown-lab-test-tube-ivf-fertility-genetic-diseases-disability-medical-ethics-a7013656.html

wrong. The advantages are tremendous. Anyone who could afford would opt for a full term in-vitro pregnancy.

Unfortunately we have next to no idea of what goes on a lot of time in the womb, so simulating one at this time would be impossible.

I don't really see the advantage. I mean, it's painful to the woman, but she's a woman, who care what she thinks?

I wouldn't say growing humans in vats is unethical. I'd say the experimentation phase of learning how to do it is unethical. Learning how to do this would doubtlessly lead to several failures. IE - dead unborn humans sacrificed in the name of science. This is what's unethical.

If you could do it with 100% success rate it might arguably be considered more humane than natural birth.

i want to grow a qt in a vat :3

i know a misogynist when i see one

using the tech for such a useless purpose is such a waste and is honestly pathetic that u would suggest that. it can be used for more useful purposes such as organ growing and limb replacement. It could also be used to clone the mice of an experiment so that the experiments accuracy is increased.

>not wanting your own perfectly engineered sex toy cloned gf who only has enough intelligence to do that one task and nothing else

well i have really low moral standards but what you suggested goes beyond what i think is morally wrong. What you suggested is basically creating a fullgrown human with a newlyborn mind for the sole purpose of corrupting it just so you can release a load into something everyday. Honestly how depraved can you be?

you make it sound even hotter than it actually is.

this isnt so far fetched, they are called "pleasure borgs" or "pleasure vessels" and are common recurring themes in science fiction.

Dude why do you care about other people? Their just machines with no souls like everyone in the universe. We're the representation of mathematical laws and nothing more. So yes I would grow a qt 3,141592653589793 just for sex so I could forget how pointless is my existence

yes i suppose i did stretch it out a bit. If they were made in such a way and were happy would it matter? would it be an okay thing to do?

They would drown you dummy :^)

No, because you're using another human being as a means to an end.

i mean i would teach the basic average everyday intelligence to the vat born i wouldn't twist them on a blank state. but would it still be morally right?

well i agree that souls dont exist. As for your existence it does have no point u have to give it a point whether it be gaming, or work, or just having plain fun.

Besides his stance he's got a point, actually. If it's true that women would want that so much why don't they research it?

We totally can grow organisms artificially. We can replicate tissues on their own to replace meat, but we can also clone animals and people or dump embryos in artificial placentas (nutrient vats, essentially) that let it develop pretty close to normally.

Why is this not a huge deal? Because it's still kind of a new field. I'm sure that once it's well-tested and it can be proven that the children grown in these vats won't be fucked up somehow (and they might, because hormones are a huge deal at every stage of our lives) that women will probably opt to have their children grown after a certain point to avoid having their cunts destroyed and going through the agony of childbirth.

And gays can have their DNA fucked with to produce what is essentially an artificial child with their mixed genes.

Right now it's too new, probably expensive, and people haven't decided how they feel about it.

Hmm i dont know would they feel less useful if a machine can make babys? i honsetly think they shouldent feel useless if they cant carry a baby that just means more time for themselves.

They wouldn't have emotions in the first place

Literally a husk

Can we actually create artificial placentas though? An endometrium? A womb is a lot more complex than just a fluid-filled vessel. Have we actually been able to grow healthy mammals from a zygote to a newborn ENTIRELY in an artifical environment?

>If they were made in such a way and were happy would it matter? would it be an okay thing to do?

Not at all. With that logic you could justify growing people who specifically love to kill people.

Is it weird that I wish I was grown in a vat?

it's healthy for women to carry a baby and give birth

It's healthier for them to never get pregnant though

Women don't want it. Women find the idea of a child growing inside them incredibly appealing. If you've ever had a girlfriend over the age of 20 then you'd know this.

>i have experience with one woman so therefore all women must be the same

kek

How many girlfriends have you had, anyways?

just ask some

not all women are thrilled by the prospect of harboring a spawn in their gut for 9 months

I'm not crazy about walking either but I don't think many people would be lazy enough to pay for a little cart that moves them around so they don't have to use their legs. I can maybe see vat technology being used for infertile women and a few weird women but it's not going to replace regular birth anytime soon.

Virgin detected.