How do I become the greatest Mathematician ever?

Is it only about how many hours of work you put in or is it something else too? Does it matter what schools I go to?

Other urls found in this thread:

math.uchicago.edu/~ryzhik/MATH207-07/midterm-sol.pdf
math.uchicago.edu/~ryzhik/STANFORD/205-STANF/notes-205.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do I become the greatest Mathematician ever?
Why do you wanna become a worthless pile of garbage ?

Galois looks like he has some prime tier boipussy.

>Is it only about how many hours of work you put in or is it something else too?
Do mathematics 16 hours a day for ten years. Don't forget about diet, sleep and physical exercise.

He reks faggot likes you for breakfast.

You need a [math]\text{GF}\left(p^n\right)[/math].

Veeky Forums is retarded

>does it matter what schools I go to?

Yes

Why? All the courses are the same.

In case you're serious, they're actually just not.

Undergrad courses at elite schools are grad courses at regular schools. I say this not in a pretentious manner, but it's true.

Also, the faculty from said schools are more respected, and are just generally better, so you'll learn under better mathematicians, and get letters of recommendation from better mathematicians that will take you far.

And, at elite schools, your peers are just as good. They will push you farther than those of a normal school.

Same posted as above.

Here's the midterm to a first year "undergrad" analysis course at the University of Chicago, administered 3 weeks after the beginning of the year.

math.uchicago.edu/~ryzhik/MATH207-07/midterm-sol.pdf

Does this look like your normal first analysis midterm?

50 minute midterm btw

>tfw I'm 20 and I barely know linear algebra
>ywn be a child prodigy and die in a duel at a young age

Why even live?

Is that elliot rodger?

He was a supreme gentleman, that's for sure.

That's Galois, you fucking tool.

pretty easy

a good highschool would have covered those topics

mhm

Mathematicians are finding Gods thoughts. If you trust in him you will find fulfillment and innovation in mathematics

>not learning inter-universal Teichmüller theory in elementary school

Get off my board, brainlet.

>Not having inter-universal Teichmuller theory as intuitive knowledge from birth

How does it feel when your parents wipe your ass?

This course, however, is done much differently than is usual and introduces the notion of "measurable set" far earlier.

You can see this in some of the 2008 course notes by the same professor in what is presumably the same course: math.uchicago.edu/~ryzhik/STANFORD/205-STANF/notes-205.pdf

To be fair, measure theory is more obtruse and abstract than the usual approach of going through Rudin/Apostol in a way that covers a painfully long treatment of point-set topology before even treating continuity, sequences, or limits.

Yes Math 205, the Equivalent course, is a grad course at Stanford. You've just proved my point that elite schools' undergrad math classes are equivalent to grad classes elsewhere (even at places like Stanford)

Tfw you will never be able to dump a warm stream of cum up Galois' butthole.
FeelsSadMan.jpg