Literally all you need is Joyce, Nabokov, and Borges. Nothing else matters

Literally all you need is Joyce, Nabokov, and Borges. Nothing else matters.

But you'll miss the deep intertextuality present in all of them.

I can't take Joyce seriously anymore after reading his fart letters to his wife.

Good... that's how he'd want it.

Everytime i see his face I just imagine his pale potato irish wifes fat ass in his face.Her butthole was probably really dark in contrast to the pale skin.

hahaha not even close

king james bible
shakespeare
laurence sterne
joyce
marquez
dfw

The Russians

you fucking aesthete scum

what if i actually read to entertain myself

virginia woolf you fucking white male

>marquez
>dfw
lmao
>a literal second rater
lmao

did you form those opinions yourself or are you just saying what you heard other people say about them

Is it wrong that I started reading his writing after reading his fart letters?

NOTHING ELSE MAAATTEEEEEEEERS

hehe true

ok maybe tolstoy

You think a "normal" person would have written something like Ulysses? All genius are crazy in some way.

I think you gotta be a silly fuck to not be entertained by Jimmy J. Just a silly fucker.

NEVER CARED FOR WHAT THEY DOOOOOOOO

Read Ulysses.

>Her butthole was probably really dark in contrast to the pale skin.
Probably the wrong place to ask but what makes some buttholes darker than others? Is it genetic?

Bigger poops.

Weekly reminder:

>I finished Ulysses, & think it is a mis-fire. Genius it has I think; but of the inferior water. The book is diffuse. It is brackish. It is pretentious. It is underbred, not only in the obvious sense, but in the literary sense. A first rate writer, I mean, respects writing too much to be tricky; startling; doing stunts. I’m reminded all the time of some callow board [sic] schoolboy, say like Henry Lamb, full of wits & powers, but so self-conscious and egotistical that he loses his head, becomes extravagant, mannered, uproarious, ill at ease, makes kindly people feel sorry for him, & stern ones merely annoyed; & one hopes he’ll grow out of it; but as Joyce is 40 this scarcely seems likely. I have not read it carefully; & only once; & it is very obscure; so no doubt I have scamped the virtue of it more than is fair. I feel that myriads of tiny bullets pepper one & spatter one; but one does not get one deadly wound straight in the face--as from Tolstoy, for instance; but it is entirely absurd to compare him with Tolstoy.

>tolstoy

>butthurt woolf realizing she's out of her league in every way

Say what you want about her but this part

>A first rate writer, I mean, respects writing too much to be tricky; startling; doing stunts. I’m reminded all the time of some callow board [sic] schoolboy, say like Henry Lamb, full of wits & powers, but so self-conscious and egotistical that he loses his head, becomes extravagant, mannered, uproarious, ill at ease, makes kindly people feel sorry for him

is painfully accurate.

t. Virgina Woolf

Dont forget Dave

Virginia Woolf is only in the canon so you can fully appreciate Faulkner's genius

And for that one essay she wrote. The rest is landfill tier pile of garbage, dumpster tier at her best

Truly a MEME in every way. That generation's DFW.

Although you're obviously baiting, I have to disagree with you OP.
With lofty and often dense literature I find it difficult to spend long periods of time in any day reading. But with more digestible stuff (Orwell, Hesse, and even Dostoevsky as examples from the top of my head), I can spend hours reading and derive more pleasure and a different kind of satisfaction.

literal fighting words

>implying I need to read at all
you don't need any writer

pretentious fuck

There is no isolation. It is impossible to appreciate one without an other. Drop your pretentious, petty, pea-brained pretenses.

>nabokov
hahahahahaha
what a weak b8.
Literally everyone knows that Joyce is superior in every single way and that at least Borges isn't also as good but he's entirely different.

She didn't like Joyce because he got too much attention from Eliot. I think she wanted to be in Proust's dilettante circles too.

Leave nabby alone you little piece of shit pleb fuck
Write lolita or ada then come back fucker