Concentration

How do I get better at concentrating. I'm neet and want to study by myself but just don't have the concentration to do it all day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KNuoGeD9Qeo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weed and lots of it. The government doesn't want you to have it so they can keep you stupid.

Fuck off, weed ruins your sleep.

isochronic tones can help a bit . They only work on some people tho .

Example : youtube.com/watch?v=KNuoGeD9Qeo

No shortcuts for this. It's a skill like any other that you have to gradually build up. Begin to study whatever 20 minutes a day and ramp up each week. I did that too when starting my degree. 1 year in and I can do 8 to 10 hours. People make the mistake of thinking about finishing a given topic first and then plan out the needed time. You have to do it the other way around. Manage your time, the rest will follow. Say you reserve 1 hour daily for learning. You might not do shit in this hour the first week, but that's okay. The next week this hour becomes a habit and it's content then will be more productive. Continue this process.

I know about it and while it works(to some extent) I want to be able to do it by myself.

Yeah I know its not going to be easy and I'm not going to be studying just one subject so I will have a lot of variety its just that I concentrate after around 1 hour.

can't concentrate*

reading books improves concentration

Literally what is the point of studying if you're neet.

What exactly are you gonna do with this knowledge?

Be aware of your flaws and work on it. Set goals, use small tricks to keep on focused on the thing you're paying attention to.

To study all day my advice would be making a schedule for your day and follow it, also try getting into some place where everyone is working and if you're easily distracted avoid any wifi-free zone. Get some books, papers, whatever you're working on and tell yourself you will do this chapter in the hour, and then have a small break and get back to the other one, etc.
Eventually you will do it so often that you will work 3 hours straight and only need a break, then maybe 4 hours, etc. Progressively you should study more while being concentrated.

Plus if you have any serious friend, the one that never laughs and always studies, try asking him to introduce you to the library, you will working together and having a focused person will force you to do the same.

But weed will impair your ability to really focus and think. It won't activate your almonds.

This shit is fucking annoying, unnatural and retarded. Only non-meditators can eat shit like this

Honestly, adderall can help with this. BUT here are some caveats:

- it's not a magic bullet. It won't turn you into Bradley Cooper's character from Limitless. It won't necessarily make you smarter, but it probably WILL increase your ability to focus.

- Basically, adderall makes you a better mono-tasker. You'll be less distracted by all the shit around you and your mind will wander less. If you start a task while on addy, you'll probably get totally absorbed in said task to the exclusion of everything else. You'll spend like ten hours doing just that one task, and you'll probably do it really well. BUT if you're not accustomed to the effects of addy, you might find that you've neglected other important things during this time like eating, taking breaks, drinking fluids. So beware: the intense focus that adderall gives you can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it can allow you to focus on something really intensely. On the other hand, this narrow tunnel-vision can actually be a bad thing

- It has side effects. The intensity of these side effects depends on the dosage and on the individual. I personally tried adderall for about three months, and while it did give me some positive mental benefits, the intense physical side effects were not worth it for me. It increases your heart rate, it can increase your blood pressure. You may feel "wired" and on-edge. It can completely fuck up your ability to fall asleep at night (image taking a strong cup of coffee, but instead of wearing off in 2-3 hours, it takes like 16 hours to wear off). It makes your dick temporarily shrivel up (due to vasoconstriction) and it can give you really bad dry mouth. For me, it was really difficult if not impossible to relax while on adderall.

- If you use it long-term, you can build up a dependence on it. You may get to the point where you HAVE to take adderall just to not feel like complete shit. It can mess up your brain's dopamine system in the long term.

(continued)

- Depending on what country you're in, adderall can be very expensive. In Canada, it was like $300 per month without insurance when I took it last year.

- If you're a NEET, then you probably have other serious issues that you need to be tackling first. Do you have depression? Some other mental health problem? You should seriously work on getting those treated first. Go see a psychiatrist. Get regular exercise. Get out of the house. Either go back to school, or find a job that you think you can handle, or become self-employed.

Like I said already I want to do it by myself, not end up getting addicted to something or not being able to do it without it. Oh and adderall is meth.

>adderall is meth

Not true. Adderall is amphetamine. Specifically, it is a mixture of the right- and left-handed isomers. It is 75% d-amphetamine and 25% l-amphetamine.

Meth is methamphetamine. Structurally identical to amphetamine but with a methyl group. Amphetamine and methamphetamine are very similar but they are NOT the same thing. For one thing, methamphetamine is directly neurotoxic, while amphetamine is not (at therapeutic doses). As far as I know.

But yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I just wanted to provide information so that you can come to your own conclusion. I respect that you don't want to use drugs.

Why are you NEET? I think you should work on addressing that problem first. I can speak from experience. You're probably finding it difficult to concentrate because you're depressed, because you're not in an ideal life situation. Do you see any reasonably paths you could take to escape from NEETdom?

>try to focus on reading something or understanding a formula/concept
>feel an itch through my body
>it goes away if I distract myself
>try to ignore it and keep focus
>it gets so strong to the point where all my mental energy is spent on not trying to be bothered by it so I can't focus on the material

My focus graph looks something like this. I am unable to keep my focus through a 90 minute lecture. After 45 minutes all I can do is wait for it to be over. Then after a 30 minute break my focus gets restored but only like 80%. And after every break it's just less and less until I can't be bothered to focus at all.

Anyone knows that feel? What do? I also feel tired all the time and coffee just makes me nervous without doing anything against the fatigue.

bump

You sound a lot like me.

> I also feel tired all the time

Yep.

> coffee just makes me nervous without doing anything against the fatigue

This x1000. I only really use coffee in the mornings because it helps me drop a deuce. In terms of providing mental stimulation or reducing feelings of fatigue, it doesn't really do anything for me. Just makes me jittery and makes me feel spaced-out.

My suggestion? In my opinion, here are the three main pillars of a healthy life:

- Eat a healthy diet. Eat three meals each day. Eat these meals on a regular schedule. Never skip a meal. Make sure you're getting enough total calories, enough protein, fat and carbs. Make sure you're getting enough of all the major electrolytes (Na, Ca, K, Mg, Cl, and phosphate) and all the micronutrients (vitamins, choline, trace metals like iron and zinc). Eat fish oil. Make sure you get at least 1 g of EPA fatty acid per day.

- Exercise regularly. Do at least 20 minutes of reasonably intense exercise, at least five days a week. Do cardio and strength training.

- Get a proper sleep schedule. Go to bed early. Wake up early. Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep per night, but on the other hand, don't sleep too much.

Will following the above guidelines completely cure your attention problems? Probably not. But they WILL help.

>Why are you NEET?
Because I have more freedom this way but might not be for long I think since I got hired few months ago, just waiting till they fix my documents.
>you're depressed, because you're not in an ideal life situation
That too but there is no way to be cured.

>there is no way to be cured.

Are you saying there is no way to cure the *depression*, or there is no way to fix your current life situation?

Also it kinda looks like I put depression in scare quotes. That wasn't my intention. I meant to italicize the word, but I forgot that Veeky Forums doesn't use that style of markup.

I will undoubtedly feel better If had some things that every human should but even then existentialism never goes way.
>or there is no way to fix your current life situation
I don't know really, I just pretend there might be a little hope but am really pessimistic on it.

Dude, I'm in the same boat. What will happen to this generation of NEETs? I'm not technically a NEET but I'm like 90% one.

Stay strong, user. Remember that everything is temporary. Three years from now, you could be in a completely different life situation and your perspective on life could be quite different. Ten years from now, you will be a different person from who you are now.

>What will happen to this generation of NEETs?
Considering how bad the geopolitical situation is literally everything can happen.

>Remember that everything is temporary
Yes but people aren't static either and few years later might be too late.

What's your new job? Just curious.

Its just a entry level computer technician, nothing special.

Not only must you become Veeky Forums

You must become Veeky Forums

This pillars are what make a man a man.

I have a kind of ADHD called predominantly inattentive which basically fucked my shit up, adderall and other drugs don't seem to work or have negative side affects so I often stay off them and I have to follow a kind of schedule to keep myself alert, here are some of the things I do.

1: cardio in the morning to wake myself up and to improve the blood supply to the brain in the long term
2: "time out" sessions, if I feel I can't read more than a few sentences before my brain kind of falls asleep I get up and walk around a bit, this possibly stimulates the rest of the brain releasing neurotransmitters as well as clears your head of any distractions and helps with your mood
3: adequate sleep, when I get enough sleep I feel great in the morning, for a while, the inside of my skull feels fresh like it has been rinsed through, this is how normies feel all the time I think
4: green tea, beets and fruit tea with lots of polyphenols, in theory some of them reduce inflammation and help break down beta amyloid plaques from my brain and some pass the blood brain barrier, it is a compelling theory with some evidence behind it though not strictly proven
5: freshly chopped garlic in meals might help a little by reducing atherosclerosis and raising testosterone in turn helping with cardio
6: I redirect my thoughts elsewhere, I keep making myself think about something else, eventually I remember what I like about science, math or coding and have the motivation to do it.
6a: Good motivation is in fact necessary to even think about something for a long time, if you are motivated it means it is causing the release of neurotransmitters
7: I tried the ketogenic diet and seemed to improve, though I got constipation so I stopped, cutting down on sugar is probably a good thing

You should try Bacopa 20% bacosides, take it with butter or olive oil.

I also take Tianeptine and it cures my ADHD-C.

And you must become /pol/. Don't forget to mention that.

what about Veeky Forums, nigger?

Take care of these 3 ELEMENTS:
-Physical state
-Nutrition
-Sleep hours
Then, focus on your goals:
-Visualize what you want to be.
-Think what you have to do to make it happen.
-Plan an strategy to that thing you have to do.

Your brain is thinking "I can't do this shit", "this thing is not for me", "I can do anything else with the time I'm spending right now".
So, everytime you notice these kind of thoughts, put them a "loser" voice. It's a PNL technique ;).

There are two options.
You do it -> You make a step towards your dreams.
You don't do it -> You will never reach your dreams.

OP here. Is PNL the same as NLP(the neuro programming thing)? I've heard that its really good but I can't find any information about it that makes sense other than some bodylanguage pseudoscience.

Yes. It's actually learning process and emotional-mental implications research. Which it's based on some premises. High bussiness men use it, and it's actually very useful if you want to have a high performance.

NLP is pseudoscience because it doesn't explain "why does it work". But it works. :(

Most self-enhancement books use sme NLP techniques.

What do you want to know?

The only place I can really concentrate is the library.

The only place I can really concentrate is your mom's vagina