At what stage does one become a mathematician?

At what stage does one become a mathematician?

after you've completed pre-algebra. it doesn't get any harder after that

when your career is doing math.

I call myself mathematician even though I'm actually theoretical computer scientist.

>mathfags on suicide watch

when you can compose math like you can compose a painting

>this

>mfw I went full autist on the train on and started modeling people I deemed to be cucks vs not cucks and the probability of people being cucks based on race/age/gender

wish I still had that piece of paper

recursive definition:
1. if a mathematician considers you a mathematician, you are a mathematician
2. paul erdos is a mathematician

no know generating definition is known.

/pol/ would have liked you for some reason...

But /pol/ is /cuck/ now. Don't you remember?

if you grind math problems there should a pop-up eventually.

When other mathematicians regard you as one.

Really you could call yourself whatever you want but it won't mean shit unless other people also identify you that way.

Murder yourself you autistic retard.

This is also acceptable.

When one is diagnosed with severe autism.

>Murder yourself
That's impossible. The act of murder requires two unique parties.

You know how I know you're autistic?

If you have an education in mathematics by which I mean a mathematics degree that taught you the foundations (logic and set theory), modern mathematics (algebra, topology, analysis) and modern applications of math (simulations, applied methods for different fields, numerical analysis and some computer science) then that is the first step to being a mathematician. This is regardless of the level of your degree, even a bachelors that contain the mentioned topics work.

The second step is to work doing mathematics and by that I mean any kind of mathematics, regardless of the level.of purity or difficulty. If you do software that works in number crunhing or any type of mathematical problem solving then that works. If you work in statistics, data science or any other kind of job that needs mathematical modellign that is also valid. Etc. That is the second and final step.

If you satisfy both of these requisites then you can safely call yourself a mathematician and odds are your friends and coworkers will also call you a mathematician.

1. Publish.
2. Make memes.
3. ???
4. 300k starting.

Seems like a very Conway-esque definition.

Corollary. A person is a mathematician if and only if they turn coffee into theorems or a mathematician considers them a mathematician.

Proof. Erdös considered a mathematician a device for turning coffee into theorems, and so we can substitute this condition into the recursive definition without loss of generality. The corollary is then a simple rewording.

Remark. This means that I am a mathematician, since I turn coffee into theorems regularly. :D

M is a manifold, then? Is it smooth? Is it just a pseudomanifold? Is [f,g] the commutator in the ring of smooth functions?

I know some of these words

Math starts where the numbers end.

This. Number theorists are scum.

What does this post have to do with Veeky Forums, you degenerate pedophile?

In seriousness, its standard to call yourself a mathematician if and only if you have a PhD in math.