No

infinite jest is actually good, so no

>Is Infinite Jest vaporwave?
yes
>Is there any vaporwave literature?
no

no
vaporwave is just postmodern shit, IJ is metamodernism
literature is always decades ahead of art music, which is decades ahead of pop music

>Is Infinite Jest vaporwave?
not even remotely
probably the manuals to old board and videogames from the 1980's

literature has never been as mindlessly entertainment oriented and consumerist as music (muzak) and television film (promotional videos/commercials) so there is less to work with within the vaporwave genre

Maybe it doesn't need to be a complete parody / reworking... although a Dada-inspired collage of old pamphlets and manuals might be interesting.

Maybe I should be asking if there's a novel that references 90's and late 80's with nostalgia, and also critiques consumerism

Also I ordered Infinite Jest I'm pretty excited for it but my 2-day shipping has become... 7 days wtf guarantee

I'm working on a vaporwave inspirited piece now but having trouble getting the atmosphere to come across accurately. I'll keep trying though.

First post, best post

Hypersphere is vaporwave literature

yes.

Yes, Wittgenstein's correspondence:

>“Wittgenstein’s correspondence with Pattison consists almost entirely of ‘nonsense’. In nearly every letter he makes some use of the English adjective ‘bloody’, which, for some reason, he found inexhaustibly funny. He would often begin his letters ‘Dear Old Blood’ and end them ‘Yours bloodily’ or ‘Yours in bloodiness’. Pattisson would send him photographs cut out from magazines, which he called his ‘paintings’, and to which Wittgenstein would respond with exaggeratedly solemn appreciation: ‘I would have known it to be a Pattison immediately without the signature. There is that bloodiness in it which has never before been expressed by the brush.’ In reply, Wittgenstein would send ‘portraits’, photogrphs of distinguished looking middle-aged men, ripped out of newspaper advertisements for self-improvement courses. ‘My latest photo’, he announced, enclosing one such picture. ‘The previous one expressed fatherly kindness only; this one expresses triumph’.”

>"Throughout the correspondence there is a gentle ridicule of the language of the advertiser, the absurdity of the style being invoked simply by using it as though it were the normal way for two friends to write to each other. Sending Wittgenstein a (genuine) photograph of himself, Pattisson writes on the back: 'On the other side is pictured one of our 47/6 suits.' 'Somehow or the other, Wittgenstein writes at the end of one letter, 'one instinctively feels that Two Steeples No. 83 Quality Sock is a real man's sock. It's a sock of taste - dressy, fashionable, comfortable.'"

can you summarize plot points, crucial inclusions, and/or post a sample?

Lifting quite heavily from Hotline Miami plotwise.
>Detective finds a kid right over a murder scene
>Kid is taking pics with his phone of the dead body
>Kid claims he's a photojournalist
>Has a blog with maybe 10 followers
>Detective investigates kid and decides to use him to track killer for reasons I haven't decided
>Kid lets out he's helping find the murderer
>D&K start calling each other to alert them to murders
>people close to them now the victims where before no link was really found
>Eventually K calls D to tell him about a lead
>D arrives to K dead
>D then gets a phone call from K saying he thinks someone is watching him and to go to the apartment quick
>D runs the fuck out of there after realizing that his phone has been totally hijacked the entire time
>Throws his phone into the bay and leaves town under ambiguous circumstances

In my mind I know the phone was hijacked by the phone company and tying it into a politician who wants to regulate phone usage because he thinks it's hurting the city. Really rough right now but it's a project I'd like to start.

correct

How can the circumstances be ambiguous if he knows someone's murdered his partner and knows they are watching him?

That sounds identical to the higher end of [s4s] posts

I still don't understand what that board is for, I thought it was just a closed board archiving threads that were only active for a short time during an april fools joke a few years ago.

[s4s] posters know that the emperor has no clothes but they would rather discuss and fawn over those non-existent clothes than ridicule him by being rude or lewd. Any attempt to draw attention to his nakedness will be met with a barrage of informative snippets pertaining to high fashion.

You've never looked at a supermarket book shelf before? The shit that ends up there is about as mindlessly entertainment oriented and consumerist as it gets.

Kek

Pynchon is probably closer, IJ is more optimistic and less nostalgic

Maybe I don't have a great understanding of what vaporwave is, but isn't The Waves by Woolf vaporwave? Not just for the silly pun with the name of the book, but because of the mood, the feelings, the disjointed narration.

In that he still doesn't know the why, nor doe she grasp how. Also he would consider that all the other times he called it was the same imposter that called them both leading them where he wanted the whole time and none of their decisions were their own.

Legacy of Totalitarianism and Hypersphere are vaporwave lit

I get it