Malvika joshi & homeschooling

What does Veeky Forums think of Malvika Joshi?

She's some 17yo poo-in-loo that got into MIT on a full scholarship, and she dropped out of school not even attending high school. The only thing she has to her name is 2 silvers and a bronze at the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI). She took graduate-level courses at the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) though, so I assume she could've requested for an honorary bachelors if she wanted to.

This really made me think about home-schooling in general, and if it's actually viable as a method of teaching as she definitely knows more than the average 17yo.

Source: ndtv.com/india-news/mumbai-teens-entry-into-mit-shines-light-on-home-schooling-1453931

with homeschooling you get a more personalized education and can advance further.
on the other hand you risk that your child will not be well adjusted in this world and you have to spend a lot of time and money to make sure your child has all the factors needed to grow up well adjusted and normal.

>he doesn't know about affirmative action
qeq

Homeschooling is great academics wise

I'm an ENTJ, it only took me about a year to stop being socially retarded when I went to college.

never had a gf but that's to be expected of someone who spends too much time on Veeky Forums

again,

to add, you just have to make sure your kids are doing extracurricular shit with other kids. I did Taekwondo, fencing, and some youth group stuff. It definitely helped me not be a complete sperg when I moved into a dorm. I forced myself to meet everyone in my hall and the floor above me.

Oh yeah, she sure is going to miss not being bullied in the classroom

/pol/ btfo forever

which is why I said money and time are important factors for parents to look at when wanting to homeschool their kid. your taekwondo, fencing, youth group stuff and dorm was payed for by your parents.

she's sure gonna look forward to bullying in her 20's without ever experiencing it before.

True, but honestly at school (depending on where you go) you waste a ton of time socializing with classmates. In my high school graduating class there were around 3 people I knew that would make it far in life (1 person made it to Stanford, the other 2 went to UCLA and USC) but the rest were normies waiting for the bell to ring at the end of the schoolday. I could've spent so much of that time studying instead of pretending to socialize so that I could avoid being the weird nerdy-type student in the class.

If I was homeschooled, I would have the choice to pick friends instead of being forced to make friends with every person in class.

BTW, even if he wasn't homeschooled most middle-class parents would be willing to pay for those extracurriculars. In the case of my parents, "any EC that would help your college application, user".
Girlfriends aren't really worth having, I've realized that it takes too much time to go on dates & such. Of course if a girl didn't really care about the formalities and would rather sit with me & study.. then I'd be pretty open to that. But unfortunately none of the girls I know are like that.
Homeschooling isn't for everyone, but I think if the parent spends the time & effort to instill the nectar of science & mathematics in a child then they can definitely go far with home-schooling.

tl;dr If I have kids I'm going to consider homeschooling them, education isn't worth wasting that much time frolicking at schools.

>affirmative action
wow so surprising...

non-american here, what's affirmative action?

I wish I was homeschooled as well, but when I started first grade my country was being bombarded. I think homeschooling was out of the question due to those reasons, not that my parents were unwilling.

Lol, was home schooled, won awards from my department, have 0 connection to humanity.

Bullying doesnt really work if everyone is mildly afraid of you.

>education isn't worth wasting that much time frolicking at schools.
I meant
>education (and time in general) is worth much more than the time wasted frolicking at schools.

High school is a glorified day care facility. The bare bones educational material (math, reading/writing skills) can be covered in less than a year by an average kid.

your child should literally be in community college by age 15.

its a boogeyman that underachievers blame their shortcomings on.

aside from the american indian, there is no legal definition of race here in the US. nobody can tell you what you are and what you aren't. if you wanted to put mexican on your college application, nobody could really call you out on it and you'd get that supposed preferential treatment that everyone here whines about.

fun fact: veterans fall under the protection of affirmative action too.

This desu. Being social in my opinion isn't worth going to school for, there's a lot of other ways to meet people outside of school, most of the people you can meet outside of school are adults which will have a lot of life experience so you'll be able to be more mature.

Better pic of her

Mfw poo in the loo girl has a brighter future than I do

I read a Quora question about if Silicon Valley was a good place to raise children, and one commenter said that Indians purposefully took pictures in low-light so that they would look black, and that they could put black on their college applications.

I feel bad for American students.
She looks better but I want to refrain from sexualizing pictures of her. I'll stick to pic related.

2d whores are still whores, user.

pls stop IA isn't a whore