Badass soldier

>badass soldier
>won the trojan war for the greeks
>had amazing adventures
>fucked lots of beautiful women
>was smarter than you

why can't i be this alpha Veeky Forums?

muh virtues

lots of great men had virtues. you don't have virtues and look where it's gotten you.

Is that Aeneas? Cause Aeneas is far better than that idiot Ulysses I mean come on that guy is a total dick. Is he even destined by the gods to found a country entirely by himself with no help from the warring city states that already exist there? I mean come on Aeneas is even way better looking.

why is a childish question

Odysseus blinded the cyclops. Could Aeneas have gotten out of that situation?

Aeneas wouldn't have had to get him drunk and also would have done it without any of his crew getting eaten. In fact I bet Ulysses got the idea from Aeneas in the first place

citation needed

just trust me mang Aeneas is dank

why does this meme exist
the aeneid was literally written to be a roman version of the odyssey

I think the point of his meming is to showcase the idea that the Aeneid is Roman propaganda. Aeneas is the best, therefore Romans are the best!

but he's dead

Latins pls go.

These are our dank Greek memes; get your filthy Etrusco-Celtic paws off them.

The worst part of the Aeneid was when Diomedes writes a letter to Turnus where he goes on and on about how amazing and powerful Aeneas is. "If there were two Aeneases Troy would never have fallen!!!!" etc..

Fuck off Virgil with your mary sue fanfiction shit

Diomedes is int he Aeneid? Fuck, I'm going to read it soon, he was my favourite Achaean in the Iliad. He wounded TWO deities and would have ended the war had (appolo or hermes?) not carried away Paris from him

Also isn't Aeneas nearly killed in the Iliad by Aias (or soem other Achean) and then lifted out of the battle by a god? He can't have been that great

Man can no longer exist on strength and force of will when armies can exist that are made of millions of men and machines that can kill you from miles away in a split second, nor can he render himself amidst the thronging masses to construct and create. The only path to 'greatness' that still lies open to anyone is solely through art.

lol, no

Trump is making his mark on history as we speak and he got there through business acumen and now politics

and a small loan of a million dollars

maybe, but he's greater than you'll ever be

you don't know anything about me fucknuts

yea i'm sure youre very successful and happy, j-just like the rest of us

You guys think Athena ever fucked Telemachus? She was lusting after the Odysseus bloodline pretty hard.

Romans hate him!

Celt here, you can't blame us for the Latins, we only kept the good bits of their culture alive while they fucked it up with the Goths. btw The Voyage of St Brendan and the Book of Invasions are danker than any of your memes, including the second Sophistic when you last attempted to clean up Roman taste.