Does Veeky Forums agree with pic related?

Does Veeky Forums agree with pic related?

I haven't read the book but my friend recommended it to me recently. It's pretty popular from what I gather.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MIixN9oTOgk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he believes in the myth of linear social progress
Ahahahahahahahahaha

Evola asserts that both forms of progress, both social and technological, are falsities.

>Capital X Xword

>Le cowardly anonymous meme
>Stop saying things i don't like on a platform I can't socially/financially punish you on.
>Don't steal from corporations!

The clock bait articles he's right about. Otherwise stupid moralizing. Never mind the fact that "capital P" progress might have byproducts anyways. He in no way supports his own argument.

Daily reminder that pirating is illegal

youtube.com/watch?v=MIixN9oTOgk

>Cohen
>"Don't steal from corporations!"
Every single time

lol. And one of his novels is EXTREMELY Jewish too.

>being an anonymous critic
playing right into his hand

kek
but sounds way too much like an above-average 4channer's parody of the millenial shill
... yeah, I've checked the e-book, nothing of the sort is in there. Y'all got rused.
(don't go looking to read this guy though, he's still mostly shit)

If you only care about well off people, as those with such opinions often do, then sure, technological progression doesn't matter. If you're a working class woman a washing machine makes a pretty big difference.

he has a point, but at the same time, there's also stuff like archive.org or youtube videos about how to do things

the theft of music and movies etc is unfortunate though

it's not just hard on the big labels, big corporations, etc

>theft
Also read Albini.

Free media is literally the best part about life in the 21st century. For the first time in human history, the flow of information is in our hands.

for more unknown musicians, piracy is only a good thing.

>Le cowardly anonymous meme

I suppose you think anonymous death threat emails or anonymous online bullying are great? like it or not, /pol/ and /r9k/ are products of internet anonymity. So is furaffinity.

the internet is a great platform for cowards, and confirms everything we thought about how vile they are.

if you want to say the internet has done more good than harm, you could certainly make a case for that. but if you think it has done no harm at all, you fell for the technological progress meme

Haven't read the book, but my hunch is that's a character speaking, not the author.

anyone with a brain can easily see that there's no such thing as historical "progress", and that technology is the only reason things seem to change. in reality, technological progress leads to mans debasement and destruction.

yeah but wally does it when he's writing as certain characters so he's made himself immune from criticism, essentially winning literature.

The EXTREMELY Jewish novel is actually pretty good tho

>I suppose you think anonymous death threat emails or anonymous online bullying are great? like it or not, /pol/ and /r9k/ are products of internet anonymity. So is furaffinity.

Price worth paying desu.

I view the internet in the same way that Nietzsche viewed war: it brings out the best AND the worst in us. You have to take the good with the bad.

You can't have one without the other. Attempt to do so, and you will have nothing more than mediocrity - which would probably satisfy a pleb like you.

>the theft of music and movies etc is unfortunate though

I don't care about rich Hollywood kikes, and neither should you.

I don't agree with anything.

My only truth comes from within.

>(((Cohen)))
oy vey shut it down the goyim are criticizing me and stealing my shekels

Are people still missing the fact that this is OP's OC?

They don't bother you?

if it's illegal then how come everyone does it? Checkmate gun grabbers!

It does bother me that they use the might of states to defend their intellectual property rights yes, in many cases hiring a mountain of top-tier lawyers just to ensure that people get maximum sentences and fines they'll never be able to pay back.

Do you think it's fair to give someone who downloaded a movie, 10 years in prison and 250k dollars in a fine?

No it's not, especially not when the people who are "aggrieved" are literally worth billions of dollars.

Isnt that from some character in the book? It might be the character's stance but not the writer's.

i read this since it was recommended to me many times as well, hated it for the most part. i didn't agree with the sentiments and cohen didn't do anything to try to convince me of their validity either.

the worst of it is probably how completely ignorant he is of the world his work is actually set in.

Open culture is just about freedom of information. Isn't Cohen Jewish?

>Isn't Cohen Jewish?

Is the Pope a Catholic?

I guess this is what not caring looks like.

omg ewww

Well, I certainly don't care about their profit margin that's for sure.