What's the purpose of keeping books on the shelf when you're done reading? Outside of academic or reference books...

What's the purpose of keeping books on the shelf when you're done reading? Outside of academic or reference books, after you rad a book, you could use the ebook for any other reading of it, right? You don't just want to show off your collection, do you? Do you read for others?

Terrible bait. Try harder.

>You don't just want to show off your collection, do you?
what would be wrong with that?

I love material things

I like that if I have people over at my house they can glance over my bookshelf and see what sort of stuff I read

I dont. Library give me 95% of books i read

Honestly I'm poor as fuck but I still buy books rather than go to the library EXCLUSIVELY in the case some qtie would visit and have her/him get impressed by it

>after you rad a book, you could use the ebook for any other reading of it, right
>rad
why would you read the physical copy and then re-read the ebook? surely you'd get one or the other, and spatial replacement of your reference would be easier in the original medium you recall the reference from?

I like the way books look sitting on a book shelf. What's wrong with showing off my collection too?

Impress slags and peers, who all goo OOOH and AAAH when they enter my wankcave festooned exclusively by high-brow literature I never read nor even acknowledge.

Once I invited two aspiring slam poets over, Anne & Marie, the latter of which I fucked numerous times before.

Upon entering my room and gazing their eyes over my collection, we hugged, only after several minutes side we tore loose from our extravagant embrace to hurl ourselves upon Marie. Anne hiked up the skirt, ripped off the panties, and drunkenly showed me a new cunt, as lovely and pure as her own: I kissed it furiously while finger fucking Anne, whose legs closed around the hips of that strange Marie, who no longer hid anything but her sobs.
"Marie," I exclaimed, "please, please don't cry. I want you to kiss me on the mouth...."
Anne, for her part stroked the girl's lovely smooth hair, covering her body with fond kisses.

White flashes of my Macbook, bright as day, kept brusquely revealing the two pleasured cunts of the now silent girls. A brutal frenzy drove our three bodies. Two young mouths fought over my arse, my balls and my cock, but I still kept pushing apart female legs wet with saliva and come, splaying them as if writhing out of a monster's grip, and yet that monster was nothing but the utter violence of my movements.

Anne had found a copy of Infinite Jest and was smearing herself wildly with the pages: she was jerking off with postmodernism and coming violently, my head locked in her paper-covered legs, her face wallowing on the carpet, where she was brutally churning Marie's cunt, one arm around Marie's hips, the hand tanking the thigh, forcing it open...

In the rare event I have a cute girl come over they will be impressed by my patrician taste in books.

Also, it just looks nice.

I have books everywhere in my room, the kitchen, balcony. I try to get my friends to borrow them if I think they like it. I read out loud to my dearest at night. To be able by just a hand reach away to enjoy the finest things are life

i love to look at them, especially if they're old

Eyes and bookshelves are our most revealing objects.

i like owning things and i like looking at the things i own

Well I just got a boner.

>I love material things
but user, don't you know that's bad?

it's not

yes it is. you're going to die, what's the point of having material things you can't keep? isn't having experiences and creating memories better?

i can create memories and collect material things

not a problem for me

I'm legitimately ashamed of my books. They're all Veeky Forums recs, and I'm sure if anyone sees them they'll put two and two together and out me as a degenerate. I keep them in a cardboard box that I put up in the ceiling tiles of my dorm. I'm in the intellectual closet and I'm as likely to come out of it as the actual sexual closet

To pass on after you die to relatives or children if you had some. Pass the library you obtained your knowledge from down to the next generation.

"experiences" are even less permanent than material things. They die and are gone after you experience them.

If I can enjoy the memory of things I have seen, I can enjoy the many memories of things I have owned.

Take your filthy Manicheaism somewhere else

For research/reference or just to remind me of the stories, maybe I want to read them again eventually.

It's my pleasure.